The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks all. Matt, status quo isn't possible after this. There must be change, which is long overdue after all.

Lloyd, your wife continues to impress, and so do you. Your weather on the other hand... Arne's beautiful spring flowers seem more appropriate for this time of the year :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, your wife continues to impress, and so do you. Your weather on the other hand... Arne's beautiful spring flowers seem more appropriate for this time of the year :)
+1 on both counts. Through Lloyd's eyes, Mimi surely never ceases to impress :bugeyes:.
And it's always nce to see some of Arne's work here :) Definitely more compelling than Lloyyd's snowy version -though the maple (?) leaves close up is super nice.

Jorgen, the two shots of yours on the previous page are nothing short of remarkable. Hopefully when all ashes been extinguished over there, they'll rebuild on more "solid grounds".

Matt: cool flowers, too. Is it from the garden?

Leif: classic B&W. Love it!

Rayyan: you keep on taking us for a virtual yet colourful trip around the world... superb photos as usual.

Osman: looking at your shots and Rayyan's, i'm thinking about how badly i'd need some kind of vacation... btw, beside the shots excellent quality, guess it requires some patience to have these landscapes without tourists in the frame...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
When volcanos get quieter, the windmills can resume having some fun...

Sling Shot

D3X ZF 50/2M 5*4 format in camera

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Thank you Matt, you're very generous.
Those flowershots you posted above are just marvellous.
The 180 mm Sigma lens looks interesting for a longer FL macro. I've been looking at the 200 mm Micro Nikkor too.
Arne: There's a Sigma 150mm f/2.8 macro that also looks intriguing. Both are about 50% the price of the Nikon; but, they aren't Nikons!

Thanks all. Matt, status quo isn't possible after this. There must be change, which is long overdue after all.
Jorgen: That's what i've been reading too. Lots of factions and entrenched interests to satisfy, though...

...Matt: cool flowers, too. Is it from the garden?...
Corlan: Thanks. The first was from our garden; the second from a walk around the block.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Osman: looking at your shots and Rayyan's, i'm thinking about how badly i'd need some kind of vacation... btw, beside the shots excellent quality, guess it requires some patience to have these landscapes without tourists in the frame...
Thank you, Corlan. Going there early in the morning did the trick. As I was on my way back, tourists from all over the world were streaming in...

Lars

Lars: Beautiful photo and use of that lens without an emphasis on extreme distortion. D-lighting - is it an out of camera jpeg, or did you process it in Capture NX2? The coloring and tone's great. Cheers, Matt

Processed in-camera from raw. Fisheye can create usable images if horizon is centered and there are no vertical lines towards the sides.

rayyan

Timeless & Wonderful!
Steve: Thanks and take care.

+1 on both counts. Through Lloyd's eyes, Mimi surely never ceases to impress :bugeyes:.
And it's always nce to see some of Arne's work here :) Definitely more compelling than Lloyyd's snowy version -though the maple (?) leaves close up is super nice.

Jorgen, the two shots of yours on the previous page are nothing short of remarkable. Hopefully when all ashes been extinguished over there, they'll rebuild on more "solid grounds".

Matt: cool flowers, too. Is it from the garden?

Leif: classic B&W. Love it!

Rayyan: you keep on taking us for a virtual yet colourful trip around the world... superb photos as usual.

Corian: Thanks from all of us:D

Corlan: Very simple, elegant, landscapes. The two photos together could start a lengthy philosophical discourse! Cheers, Matt

Corian: +1; Matt said it for me.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Very simple, elegant, landscapes. The two photos together could start a lengthy philosophical discourse! Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt ( and fellow +oners :D)
You're right, i guess that was the point posting these two in a row :)
Btw the first one is for a regional publication, one page spread. But no philosophy involved, just illustrating the area and their commitment towards renewable energies.

The new sail boat's great. You've added tranparency to details in the fabric, plus the boat angle brings in a dynamic touch. Real nice.

Lars: nice use of the FE. Great and busy scenery at sunset!

Rayyan: yet another superb situation portrait. There's an almost Vermeer quality to the blue on the wall and cushion. Nice thing to see that at least some of the textile work is not the result of mass production or modern Taylorism. Obviously, no standardization of tools in sight, there. And what a beautiful model, with an elegant stance.

Last edited: