The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Rayyan:

Stunning! The color, composition, subject, all great. Her knee up to support the hand sewing. Probably works long days. Pakistan? India? Nepal?
Matt: Grateful for your kind word, Matt. Nepal, just across the Indian border.

Regars.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Excellent for Composition, Structure,Contrast & Every Darn Thing Else! Man, I Love This Shot!!!

Beautiful! Such Nice Comp & Rendering Of The Zeiss!
Thanks, Steve.

Steen, Rayyan, Corlan more magic (and no idea whatsoever on that mystery structure, Corlan). Thanks for the inspiration guys!
Corlan: Very X-Files! Crematorium? Highway rest stop with overly elaborate viewing/cell tower? Nice photo with the strong form and the planted filed just coming up.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Corian: Thanks a lot. I think that;s a cell phone repeater tower you have there Corian.
Well you guys are as clueless than i was -so i feel better :D.

I readily admit that there's an element missing in the picture: the canal. But that i did not know either. :banghead:

In fact, the whole structure is a... boat "elevator".
Not the small kind mind you: around 170 yards high, and it can lift and tow huge barges up to 1,500 tons total (!!) over a mile distance, @ the lighting speed of... 1m/s. It's used to compensate a steep slope between the two canal levels of around 80 yrds. :lecture:

Sorry for the headache :D

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
My Buddy Mike, 57 Yrs Young...

Another over the top series, Steve.
The three above are my favourites, almost too good to be true. The first for the irradiating strength, #3 for the surreal moment and balance, last quoted for the calm, assured stance and perfect light.

Notwithstanding, this one below i feel is a keeper for life :

Why make a movie such as the Wrestler, when you have a photo like this?

(not implying that your friend Mike bear any ressemblance, but...)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

Thank you Steve, impressive body-building shots of your friend Mike, and man, that post processing ... !
and thanks Lloyd, very captivating Woman of Steel triathlon shots !
and thanks Matt, just love your latest sailboat picture, so intense and dramatic !
and thanks rayyan, your nepalese woman sewing is absolutely stunning, beautiful, beautiful !
oh, and Lars, I just saw that you have actually already answered us that your fisheye capture was processed in-camera from raw !

shtarka1

Steve: Great series of photos! A visual narrative of Mike. The tone and character of the B&W really works with the subject (punctuated by the lone color shot). You really used the light (and mirrors) well. :salute: Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt! Much Obliged!
Steve: Superb in-situo captures. Brilliantly framed. Could you pls tell Mike
I am his buddy too! Just to be sure :D :thumbup:

Regards.
Thanks Rayyan! You Can Never Have Enough Tough "Buddies" In The World!:D
Another over the top series, Steve.
The three above are my favourites, almost too good to be true. The first for the irradiating strength, #3 for the surreal moment and balance, last quoted for the calm, assured stance and perfect light.

Notwithstanding, this one below i feel is a keeper for life :

Why make a movie such as the Wrestler, when you have a photo like this?

(not implying that your friend Mike bear any ressemblance, but...)
Thanks C! Love That Movie! Marisa Tomei....:bugeyes:! ;)

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

(...) Heard it was a wonderful city with many artifacts and architecture.
I've shown you some of the architecture ;)
With regards to artifacts I'm more of a street rat than a museum lion, so I may not be the right to ask.
But according to this gentleman you are absolutely right :D

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/125 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
She's beautiful! I might have missed something - did she got married yesterday?
I'm also surprised Alex, some days ago we were talking about prom night, weren't we? :confused:
How fast things go...

(or it's just a nice dress) :)

Beautifully shot, Lloyd. Fill light is absolutely spot on.

AlexLF

I've been busy with my Europe trip preparations recently but this is all positive. I got myself Nikon 14-24/2.8 but haven't really tried it yet. Hopefully tomorrow will do some shooting. For now some pics from recent days (D3x, DC 135/2):

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hey guys, if we keep the 3-post-in-the-same-minute rate, Lloyd will have to open a new thread... next week. :D

:deadhorse:

Alex, these are super cool. You always seem to find interesting (upper) angles in your cityscapes.

note: if you toured Europe though, you might as well tell us each time where the shots were taken (for one, i'm personally totally dumb at recognizing cities or even countries from photos, even places where i used to stay :eek:)

etrigan63

Here's the group shot of my students (including yours truly). The middle school principal once again made the mistake of letting us take our own picture (bwahahahahahaha!), and this is the result.

Nikon D700 + Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8@ 1/200s, f/4, manual, two 150W no-name studio lights shot through white umbrellas, no-name radio trigger for flashes, camera on a timer.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I know, I keep shooting this skyline. Eventually, I'll get it right. Cheers, Matt.
Or... you'll get us first :ROTFL:

Hm, ok. You're getting close... maybe a tad to the left? :)

Here's the group shot of my students (including yours truly). The middle school principal once again made the mistake of letting us take our own picture (bwahahahahahaha!), and this is the result.

Nikon D700 + Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8@ 1/200s, f/4, manual, two 150W no-name studio lights shot through white umbrellas, no-name radio trigger for flashes, camera on a timer.
Talking about "time lapse"... :rolleyes:

Lovely result Carlos. Again.
Btw, why "5 remaining students"? :confused: