The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Rayyan : the first one above is magnificent. As for the last one, wow.
But... freakin -60°C for real?? :eek: :wtf:
Corian: Thanks you my friend. -60c with wind chill is not that bad ( :eek: ); we were once in the Canadian North with Inuits chasing Auroras. They had a marathon ( 10 kms ). Ayesha took part. Morning. Sun. -45 to -50c wiyh wind chill. we had to trat ger for severe frostbite on cheeks and hands.

Superb Composition Rayyan...Love It!
Steve: Thank you so much.

btw it was 44c in the afternoon today.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Holy Man!! Looks like a lot to review. Hopefully later today.

In the mean time, although I took these with my Droid, it was quite a sight to behold.

President Obama is coming back to Chicago, so the Secret Service, CFD, CPD and other federal security agencies were doing a practice run landing in a parking lot in downtown Chicago. The rotors were about 15' from the lightposts. Amazing stuff!!
Nice "stealth" shots, Jason.
As Lloyd rightfully noted, incredible that they let you shoot this kind of rehearsal. Or maybe you had credentials?

The last shot is indeed stuning. With the compression it looks even less than 15'. Wow.

oh btw, just noticed your WTB in the For Sale forum. Too bad we're on different continents at the time, yesterday i extracted a brand new SB-900 from the closet (that i obviously don't use too much, to say the least :D)

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Holy Man!! Looks like a lot to review. Hopefully later today.

In the mean time, although I took these with my Droid, it was quite a sight to behold.

President Obama is coming back to Chicago, so the Secret Service, CFD, CPD and other federal security agencies were doing a practice run landing in a parking lot in downtown Chicago. The rotors were about 15' from the lightposts. Amazing stuff!!

Cool shot. Reminds me of something, something from the sixties. Looks like he's running, trying to find the President. I wonder if he found him...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corian: Thanks you my friend. -60c with wind chill is not that bad ( :eek: ); we were once in the Canadian North with Inuits chasing Auroras. They had a marathon ( 10 kms ). Ayesha took part. Morning. Sun. -45 to -50c wiyh wind chill. we had to trat ger for severe frostbite on cheeks and hands.
It's still pretty extreme. IIRC the first guy who measured a -60°C temps was actually considered a phoney for half a century or so... with modern devices it has been recorded quite a few times, but still: wow. This is serious equipement torture test you did over there :shocked: Thanks for sharing :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
O.K., I'll play. Here's one from Port au Prince, Haiti this past March. D3S, 70-200VR I@ 105mm; ISO800, 1/500s@ 2.8
Beautiful photo. I'll have your portfolio for breakfast. Rumour has it that it will be better than my sandwiches. I wonder how it will compare to the Oolong tea :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
CrossRoads:

(i apologize in advance for the large viewing size -at least on my monitor smaller jpeg versions just kill the details - original is a 30" print file from D3X with ZF 50/2M)

Lloyd

Steve: Thank you so much.

btw it was 44c in the afternoon today.
Yikes!! 44C. We got up to half of that! It's 22C right now... after 2C and snow on Monday, no less.

rayyan

It's still pretty extreme. IIRC the first guy who measured a -60°C temps was actually considered a phoney for half a century or so... with modern devices it has been recorded quite a few times, but still: wow. This is serious equipement torture test you did over there :shocked: Thanks for sharing :)
Corian: That's they told me...could be off by 5-10 degrees but :wtf: it was
fr*****g cold:eek:

Cool shot. Reminds me of something, something from the sixties. Looks like he's running, trying to find the President. I wonder if he found him...
Jason: +1; one of the best photo-journalistic shots in a long while.

+1 From me as well. Stellar image! :thumbs:
Corian: That is one magnificent capture. the eye being led up and split between the cross and the tree is brilliant.

Regards.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
One of your best, Corlan, and that says a lot :thumbs:
What a nice thing to say (and to read, too). Thanks Jorgen. And thanks Lloyd, Steve, Rayyan. :)

Rayyan, your Cabot Trail looks like a -timeless- postcard from the second part of the 20th century. Nice!

Thanks for the comments, guys.

It was totally random. I was on my bike doing a training ride along the lake front. There really isn't anything to see that's classified or precautionary. When I asked about the President's itinerary, a cop, federal agent and private security all had the same canned answer though.

I'm guessing tonight when he comes to town, if that's the route he's taking, I wouldn't be able to get anywhere near it. But I might try anyways, this time with more than my cameraphone!!