The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

m_driscoll

A nice moment, and great control of the light in that one. Is that the VR version of the lens?
Lloyd: Thanks. Yes it is. Left that out. I also forgot to note that this is at 300mm. It's relatively compact and so far, I'm impressed with the IQ. Stealthy range. This might have worked better with both of them in focus? I locked focus on him and then recomposed. He's sharp as a tack. BTW this wasn't cropped at all. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Since we're talking about macro lenses... the -barely 1:2- ZF 50 Makro in action:

Corain: what a beautiful capture. The light and the dof is superb.:thumbup:

Pretty shot with an almost fisheye effect!
Jason: +1 to what Steve says.

Rayyan: These are masterful! You should do a Blurb book with your people photos.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks a lot Matt. Book?:eek:

Regards.

rayyan

Somewhere along the Canadian-American border....

Could you slow down and keep left please, Ayesha; I said.

Why? she said. 'cause 5 mts to your right we are in the States!

Great, said Ayesha. Another country. Doesn't look different from here!

It will if that monstrous Coast Guard raft gets hold of us on the right, I said.

Whooppee..she said. Will we be in the news Rayyan?

I will kill you, if you don't get over to your left; we shall be in the news then for sure.

Smile and wave to them....Have a nice day sir...

I am taking over, I said. But Rayyan, you are not a good swimmer!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys for the kind comments. Much appreciated, as always. :)
For some reason that macro (the first one) is a favorite in my own stack and i keep getting back at it. Still can't figure out exactly why. :confused:

Lloyd: Thanks. Yes it is. Left that out. I also forgot to note that this is at 300mm. It's relatively compact and so far, I'm impressed with the IQ. Stealthy range. This might have worked better with both of them in focus? I locked focus on him and then recomposed. He's sharp as a tack. BTW this wasn't cropped at all. Cheers, Matt

Maybe both, or her, in focus... anyway, a real nice grab of a nice moment Matt. Lens IQ looks indeed pretty good.

Reminds me of one you previous shot with a youngster reading with cars passing by. It was excellent, too. Was it the same lens?

Rayyan, funny,cute story & always nice to see your Beautiful Wife Smiling!:)
+1. Funny and cute indeed!

(where we learn though that not only you two have fun by throwing each other over planes, mountains, bridges etc. but also occasionally threatening each other with less than idle threats. No boring romance there :D)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Less black and white, more color.
Was walking in the woods, not a soul, but a lot of traffic in those trees...

Green Light

jbcrane

Hi Guys-still learning the ropes here and already posted this image in the wrong thread, so thanks to Lloyd I'm posting here as well (thanks Lloyd). This is another image made in Haiti this past March. Shot with my beloved F6 on Ilford HP5+ (at rated 400) with the 70-200 VR I (yes, I still love to shoot film, mostly because of the F6).

Lloyd

Hi Guys-still learning the ropes here and already posted this image in the wrong thread, so thanks to Lloyd I'm posting here as well (thanks Lloyd). This is another image made in Haiti this past March. Shot with my beloved F6 on Ilford HP5+ (at rated 400) with the 70-200 VR I (yes, I still love to shoot film, mostly because of the F6).
This is a powerful image, John. Truly. Love the tonality of the b/w, but the message is what matters with this one. :salute: