The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Hi Guys-still learning the ropes here and already posted this image in the wrong thread, so thanks to Lloyd I'm posting here as well (thanks Lloyd). This is another image made in Haiti this past March. Shot with my beloved F6 on Ilford HP5+ (at rated 400) with the 70-200 VR I (yes, I still love to shoot film, mostly because of the F6).
This is a powerful image, John. Truly. Love the tonality of the b/w, but the message is what matters with this one. :salute:
Agree With Lloyd!
John: Truly a powerful image. Taken with sensitivity. Hallmark of a great
photographer. use of film lends more to the image imho.

Excellent sir.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
At once beautiful, and mysterious. Well done.
Corian: +1 to what Lloyd says.
Thanks gentleman.
Steve, it's not Walden butyou're right the place put you in a Thoreau disposition. Looking closely There's even a hut in the scenery (or a symbol, depending), but it's situated a bit higher than Thoreau's. :)

One more from the set...
Great addition to the set.
I keep on visualizing huge print in a hall for these.

My Old,Old Lady.

D700, Leica R 80 Summilux :)
Your photos of your faithful companions never cease to reflect the care, and love. They're lucky to have you.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Guys-still learning the ropes here and already posted this image in the wrong thread, so thanks to Lloyd I'm posting here as well (thanks Lloyd). This is another image made in Haiti this past March. Shot with my beloved F6 on Ilford HP5+ (at rated 400) with the 70-200 VR I (yes, I still love to shoot film, mostly because of the F6).
A poignant subject, and another perfect capture, John.
As said before, love your work. Glad you found your way around in this board, looking forward to see some more and maybe hear some of the stories behind the scenes.

jlancasterd

One for those who appreciate my photos of 'odd' machinery...

Ffestiniog Railway Double Fairlie Merddin Emrys starting away from Tan y Bwlch station on 24 May (D700, 16-35 f4 VRII, ISO 800)

View attachment 31389

Last edited:

shtarka1

Ahh... another dog lover. what a sweetheart. I like how her bangs are covering her eyes. well done.
Thanks a lot John! Love your site & blog! Excellent Work Portrayed!
Thanks gentleman.
Steve, it's not Walden butyou're right the place put you in a Thoreau disposition. Looking closely There's even a hut in the scenery (or a symbol, depending), but it's situated a bit higher than Thoreau's. :)

Your photos of your faithful companions never cease to reflect the care, and love. They're lucky to have you.
Thanks Very Much C! It's a 2 Way Street...:)!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
One for those who appreciate my photos of 'odd' machinery...

Ffestiniog Railway Double Fairlie Merddin Emrys starting away from Tan y Bwlch station on 24 May (D700, 16-35 f4 VRII, ISO 800)

View attachment 31389
I'm totally ignorant in the matter, but was this kind of symetrical, two-way steam locomotive common at the time? Sure looks unusual to me.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Very Much C! It's a 2 Way Street...:)!
It sure is.

(btw reading your quote, i see that i mistyped there... i meant gentlemen, of course :) )

Here's a recent portrait of our own companion. Nobody wanted him at the shelter where he had stayed the full two years allowed by law (after that...) simply because he had a couple of scars, and an unknown age and history. He has proved to be the kindest fellow to have around.

jbcrane

Since we're talking about macro lenses... the -barely 1:2- ZF 50 Makro in action:

Corlan: The muted browns and blues augmented by such fine detail in the cluster at frame left makes for a deep image - one you want to study repeatedly to find more. It's very nice. I love the soft whisp of blue at frame right, and that the whole compo leans down toward bottom rt of page... I'll bet it's absolutely spectacular huge. Well done!:thumbs:

Lloyd

Somewhere along the Canadian-American border....

Could you slow down and keep left please, Ayesha; I said.

Why? she said. 'cause 5 mts to your right we are in the States!

Great, said Ayesha. Another country. Doesn't look different from here!

It will if that monstrous Coast Guard raft gets hold of us on the right, I said.

Whooppee..she said. Will we be in the news Rayyan?

I will kill you, if you don't get over to your left; we shall be in the news then for sure.

Smile and wave to them....Have a nice day sir...

I am taking over, I said. But Rayyan, you are not a good swimmer!
Ha! How on earth did I miss this!?! Too funny. Better work on that swimming, my friend. With her heart for adventure, you never know when a skill like that may come in handy!

Great story, and image. :thumbup:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I really can't keep up with you guys. Mostly work for me these days. Oh well, maybe, as a result, I'll be able to afford a new lens one of these days. Or an F6. John's excellent photos made that lust reappear.

Here are a couple from yesterday. It's the racetrack again. Seems to be the only place I'm getting outdoor nowadays. Got a sunburn too.

S5 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/8

S5 with 300mm f/4 @ f/4

jbcrane

A poignant subject, and another perfect capture, John.
As said before, love your work. Glad you found your way around in this board, looking forward to see some more and maybe hear some of the stories behind the scenes.
Thank you Corlan. That means a lot to me. This particular subject matter is near and dear to my heart; I was on a team of 11 that headed down to PaP mid-March to work with just a few of the half-million orphans in Haiti resulting from the quake. I guess for some preserving memories and telling stories through images means one thing. For me, it means something more. There will be more trips, more kids and more photos, but I'll never forget that first experience. I've been selective as to who I open the images up to. I've grown so weary of the bickering and one-upmanship of other corners of the web and seeking a venue that openly sharing images we make is as natural as reading a poem or singing a song one's written to be heard. Glad I was fortunate enough to stumble across this group. You guys are talented and kind - not an easy combination to find.

Kind regards, John B. Crane