The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

It was hot. Advantage to me. It was humid. Advantage to him.

He drove a Suburban. Tinted. I was used to camels, supercharged, V36. Can go for days without gas. I knew of him. He too knew of me.

We were in narrow streets. Advantage nil. His Suburban. My camel.

I saw him from behind the pillars. Saw him go in. Came out. I hid behind a pillar. In. Out. Many places. Sun, shadow.

He was looking for something. I was looking for the same. Following him.

He went in. A little longer. I got ready. I saw he had found it. It was time.

I was quick. he was quick too. I was just quicker.

I raised it quickly. Heard the precision metallic click. One, two, three.

Professionals both of us.

See you later, Rayyan. He said. Catch up with Ayesha, Linda and me. He said.

Sure, Mr. Smith., I said. As I discreetly melted amongst the Japanese crowds.

Unseen. Just another nobody. Mr. Smith had found the ice cream vendor..

I had to see a stone cold person. He was dead. His name was David.He was a statue. I wanted to make sure. We were in Florence, Italy.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Good one, Rayyan :)

It's still a bit cold here for ice creams lust, but soon i'll sure look back at this photo with greed :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
OK. No coffee yet, but this series featuring some "soft" and refreshing "drinks" for Rayyan ;)

And yes, we had some sun a couple of weeks ago, so water was in order. Selected below are 4 photos out of 17 consecutive shots, strolling down a street by the canal.

Everything is old fashionned there, surpringly preserved from the modern craze.
Even public service is...

"Watering the Flowers"

When it's out of reach, you need an extension though:

rayyan

Good one, Rayyan :)

It's still a bit cold here for ice creams lust, but soon i'll sure look back at this photo with greed :D
Corian: Thanks. 45C here. Hagen Daz around the corner..also Buskin...

Rayyan...Another Well Deserved BRAVO For You!!!
Steve: Once again, my sincere thanks.

+1 Rayyan. I add my applause to theirs.:clap::clap::clap: Stunning image, almost 3D, and the color is amazing! Now that story... :D Left me wanting more. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Grateful to you, sir.

rayyan

OK. No coffee yet, but this series featuring some "soft" and refreshing "drinks" for Rayyan ;)

Everything is old fashionned there, surpringly preserved from the modern craze.

Even public service is...

"Watering the Flowers"
When it's out of reach, you need an extension though:
Corian: My kind of town, My kind of people. My kind of shots.

Now, looking closer.

"Cause"...

and "Effect":

Intoxicating Stuff Corian. Brilliant. :thumbup:

rayyan

Listen, I said to Hamza. Listen to what grandpa? asked Hamza.

To the stones, I said. They are talking to me.

Hamza thought his grandpa had gone mad. Hamza, I asked..do you know
what will happen in 1000 years?, 2000?, 5000?, 10000?.

I know Hamza, because the stones talk to me. They talked to me in Greece,
Turkey, Baghdad, Damascus, Egypt, Lebanon,Mexico, China. They were talking to me now.

We were in Rome..

What are they saying grandapa?

The same as all the others Hamza. I said.

I told Hamza about a people. They thought they were the richest. They were
the most powerful. The earth would split when the Roman Legions marched.
They thought they would rule forever. They were the gods.

The had the banners of power, invincible power. They had the science, they
had the culture, the had the might, they had the wealth and their centurions
marched with the strongest armies known to man. Mounted on the best
stallions. SPQR displayed proudly. They marched for Rome. They marched for Augustus Caesar. The world lived in their fear.

Invincible..the legions of Augustus Caesar. Invincible..like the Pharos of Egypt. The turn of a thumb. The power of life or death

What happened to them grandpa?, asked Hamza. What always happens Hamza, I replied. Just ask the stones. They know. Learn from the stones Hamza, I said. Hear the stones cry..

I picked up a small Augustus Caesar's stone and threw it back amongst the ruins, where it belonged.

m_driscoll

Listen, I said to Hamza. Listen to what grandpa? asked Hamza.
To the stones, I said. They are talking to me.
Hamza thought his grandpa had gone mad. Hamza, I asked..do you know
what will happen in 1000 years?, 2000?, 5000?, 10000?.
I know Hamza, because the stones talk to me. They talked to me in Greece,
Turkey, Baghdad, Damascus, Egypt, Lebanon,Mexico, China. They were talking to me now.
We were in Rome..
What are they saying grandapa?
The same as all the others Hamza. I said.
I told Hamza about a people. They thought they were the richest. They were
the most powerful. The earth would split when the Roman Legions marched.
They thought they would rule forever. They were the gods.

The had the banners of power, invincible power. They had the science, they
had the culture, the had the might, they had the wealth and their centurions
marched with the strongest armies known to man. Mounted on the best
stallions. SPQR displayed proudly. They marched for Rome. They marched for Augustus Caesar. They world lived in their fear.

Invincible..the legions of Augustus Caesar. Invincible..like the Pharos of Egypt. The turn of a thumb. The power of life or death

What happened to them grandpa?, asked Hamza. What always happens Hamza, I replied. Just ask the stones. They know. Learn from the stones Hamza, I said. Hear the stones cry..

I picked up a small Augustus Caesar's stone and threw it back amongst the ruins, where it belonged.
Grandpa: Nicely said and photographed. Looks like the same pp that you'd described the other day. The substructure at the colosseum's amazing. it's like beneath a Broadway stage. Gladiator's popping up in a cloud of smoke and fire. :)
Hamza's fortunate. This is something he needs to see and understand to be a good President. How did he like the cats? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Grandpa: Nicely said and photographed. Looks like the same pp that you'd described the other day. The substructure at the colosseum's amazing. it's like beneath a Broadway stage. Gladiator's popping up in a cloud of smoke and fire. :)
Hamza's fortunate. This is something he needs to see and understand to be a good President. How did he like the cats? :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Thanks. Same pp. I just want Hamza to grow up to be a decent, honest and caring human being for his country and towards his countrymen.

Because then he would feel the same towards us. I couldn't ask for more. I would hold my head up high. I would have taught him well.

Looks like lots more to catch up on! Lots of great stuff as usual!

Just got back from a shoot in NYC and thought I would sneak this one on the board...

Matt... was really wanting your 14-24 on the shoot. I am still kicking myself for being overly cautious with my spending... Looks like you're kicking it with the 16-35 though. Miss the extra stop for DOF purposes at all?