The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

leif e

Rayyan! Very strong, close portrait!
Corlan; just love that picture - so full of humour, contact, irony (?)

leif e

leif e

Two from one of last week´s morning walks with the dog. (This week it´s raining).
D200, 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor @ 3,5

leif e

ibcj

A few from Open House today. The school has it's own sheep and other farm animals. The kids are involved in every step from shearing the sheep to the making of the final article with the wool.

Lloyd

A few from Open House today. The school has it's own sheep and other farm animals. The kids are involved in every step from shearing the sheep to the making of the final article with the wool.
Very kewl that they do this. Nice shots too.

m_driscoll

Jaques, didn't like me. Mon ami, I said to Jaques. I need a favor. Jaques, didn't
like me. But he was a generous and kind person.
I called Anna. The one whose buttons I had pressed in the cellar. I told her I needed a little help. But of course monsieur, anything for you.
I called a friend. Corian. Stateside. I needed a lens fast. I told him why.
I called, Steve. Stateside. He agreed immediately.
I woke up a friend Matt. stateside. No problem he said.
I met up with Osman. Near the pier. Of course, he said.
So my good friend, Lloyd...from the button pushers here to your parents
on their 60th wedding anniverasary:....
May they live long and happy amongst family, friends and well wishers.
I know plumbing not electricity. Anna would have to take a candle next time around.
Rayyan, my friend, anytime.

Corian: That sir is a marvellous shot. Engages the viewer from the get go.
No two ways about it.:thumbs:
Regards.
Corlan: +1.

This is a somptuous, luxuriant, bountiful shot, Rayyan.
(though i must admit that, in time, the pompous style entertained by Jacques' kind sort of irritates me. Once in a fancy place my -then- wife mistook one of the knives for spreading butter. Instantly a maître d' showed up... "I presume Madame will not have fish?" :angry:)
Rayyan: +1, a beautiful photo.
Corlan: About 35 years ago, around Christmas time, my wife and i went to have dinner at the Doelen Hotel in Amsterdam. We'd just come across Europe from Rome by train and my wife wanted to have dinner there. She lived in Amsterdam when she was younger and her grandfather would take her there for dinner. It was a very old and fancy place (especially for us at the time). My wife had something with Hollandaise sauce and i had something with Bearnaise sauce (can't remember what). They were initially served by the tuxedoed waiter and then left on the table in silver serving dishes. I decided that i wanted some of her hollandaise sauce, so i reached over and spooned some on to my plate. There was a slight hubbub, and noticeable waiter conference, in the corner of the dining room. A minute, or so later, our waiter brought over a separate serving dish of hollandaise sauce for me. It was very civilized with no disapprobation attached. After all, we were americans.
rayyan: Great photo! Her red skirt draws the eye immediately; then you see the hunched posture; your eye sweeps back on the s-curved road, which seems long, much longer then you can see; the wall of houses reinforce the road curve; and you think you understand her weariness.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thursday's post. Usual setup
Woody: Really nice. The framing and the juxtaposition of the three elements of the image are perfect. I, also, like the slightly grainy pp, the subdued color, the bits of leg on each side of the tree, the position of the camera and hanging strap, her blond hair complimenting the color of the tree, etc. If she was posed, you got it just right. If not, it was very well seen and captured.

Rayyan, Mesmerizing, Sharp, Colorful, Supreme Capture!
+1
Mesmerizing, indeed. :bugeyes:
Simply stunning!!! Amazing portrait.
Rayyan: +1, +1. & +1.

Leif, wonderful contrast,mood & iq!
Leif: +1. The play of light on the leaves is neat.

Very kewl that they do this. Nice shots too.
Chris: +1. That is cool.

Cheers, Matt

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Still working out the kinks of trying to combine fly fishing and photography. There are all sorts of challenges including overcoming the desire to fish while also wanting to take photos. Not to mention the constant threat of overturning the canoe, water everywhere, DEET covered hands, and the cramped quarters in the canoe. A dry bag helps me feel more secure about the gear, but makes quick access kind of tough.

In any case, a couple from the end of the day as we were leaving the pond after a day of fishing.

Lloyd

Still working out the kinks of trying to combine fly fishing and photography. There are all sorts of challenges including overcoming the desire to fish while also wanting to take photos. Not to mention the constant threat of overturning the canoe, water everywhere, DEET covered hands, and the cramped quarters in the canoe. A dry bag helps me feel more secure about the gear, but makes quick access kind of tough.

In any case, a couple from the end of the day as we were leaving the pond after a day of fishing.
Gorgeous shots. Glad you went to the trouble.

leif e

@TRSmith: I always thought fishing from a canoe sounds rather dangerous. My oldest son has started fishing from his kayak - which is about half the width of a canoe ...
Your shots are beautiful, though! Stay dry!
leif e

rayyan

Rayyan, my friend, anytime.

Rayyan: +1, a beautiful photo.

Corlan: About 35 years ago, around Christmas time, my wife and i went to have dinner at the Doelen Hotel in Amsterdam. We'd just come across Europe from Rome by train and my wife wanted to have dinner there. She lived in Amsterdam when she was younger and her grandfather would take her there for dinner. It was a very old and fancy place (especially for us at the time). My wife had something with Hollandaise sauce and i had something with Bearnaise sauce (can't remember what). They were initially served by the tuxedoed waiter and then left on the table in silver serving dishes. I decided that i wanted some of her hollandaise sauce, so i reached over and spooned some on to my plate. There was a slight hubbub, and noticeable waiter conference, in the corner of the dining room. A minute, or so later, our waiter brought over a separate serving dish of hollandaise sauce for me. It was very civilized with no disapprobation attached. After all, we were americans.
rayyan: Great photo! Her red skirt draws the eye immediately; then you see the hunched posture; your eye sweeps back on the s-curved road, which seems long, much longer then you can see; the wall of houses reinforce the road curve; and you think you understand her weariness.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Grateful to you sir. Glad you didn't ask for a smoke at the Doelen. :D

Woody: Really nice. The framing and the juxtaposition of the three elements of the image are perfect. I, also, like the slightly grainy pp, the subdued color, the bits of leg on each side of the tree, the position of the camera and hanging strap, her blond hair complimenting the color of the tree, etc. If she was posed, you got it just right. If not, it was very well seen and captured.

Rayyan: +1, +1. & +1.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: A sincere thanks.