The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In Canon forums, there are discussions about back focus all the time. Finally, I have a lens that can do that on a Nikon as well :D

D80 with 80-200 AF-S and TC-20EIII @ 400mm and f/5.6

otumay

Just back from a week-long trip to the western Black Sea region and, as expected, upon returning, found marvelous shots here.
One thing puzzled me though; I can see Rayyan's posts, but no images whatsoever. All shots by other contributors appear normally, but Rayyan's posts only contain his texts - which are also fabulous - but no images.:confused:

rayyan

Beautiful Subject & PP Jason!

Powerful,Excellent,Superb!
Impressive, 3D effect. Almost looks like a composite. The use of DOF like this is such a powerful way to highlight the subject, and tell the story. Is this in Malaysia?
Very beautiful, Rayyan :thumbs:
Very strong photo.
Rayyan, you have a great eye for the unique and unusual. A powerful image makes me want to know more, and I'd love to know the story behind this gentleman. Well done.
Just back from a week-long trip to the western Black Sea region and, as expected, upon returning, found marvelous shots here.
One thing puzzled me though; I can see Rayyan's posts, but no images whatsoever. All shots by other contributors appear normally, but Rayyan's posts only contain his texts - which are also fabulous - but no images.:confused:
Steve, Lloyd,Jorgan, John, Osman: Thanks you guys.:eek:

John, I do not know the guy. Was waiting for someone to walk into the frame.
This was it.

Osman: Welcome back. Beautiful part of Turkey. My hosting site is down for maintenance. I too will start some house cleaning on my site. So things could
get really weird!!!

Anyway..The folks here are far more generous than the quality of my photos. Honestly.

:salute::salute:

Last edited:

rayyan

In Canon forums, there are discussions about back focus all the time. Finally, I have a lens that can do that on a Nikon as well :D

D80 with 80-200 AF-S and TC-20EIII @ 400mm and f/5.6

Jorgen: Glorious. What a way to start my day. One of the best my friend.
The focus is easy to fix. Increase the depth..dof that is.:ROTFL:

:clap::clap:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
:ROTFL::thumbup::D Excellent!
+1 :thumbup: :D

Jorgen, very useful tests on the TC... but let's talk about that in the other thread.

Rayyan: interesting, poetic viewpoint on Delphi. The images are back, and they're great. The portrait shot is indeed three dimensional and intriguing. :salute:
(agent note: you should save some material for the upcoming book, though) :lecture: :rolleyes:

Jason: like the darker, analog feel on this one. A very adequate look and processing, suits the subject, expression and composition extremely well. Very good, compelling photo.

Steve: the blue flowers series plays in the creamiest bokek and smoothest light category. All nice, with incredible details, but #3 (and #4) with the contrasting, softly reflecting silver and the dark background are fantastic. :toocool:
All handheld?

shtarka1

+1 :thumbup: :D

Steve: the blue flowers series plays in the creamiest bokek and smoothest light category. All nice, with incredible details, but #3 (and #4) with the contrasting, softly reflecting silver and the dark background are fantastic. :toocool:
All handheld?
Thanks C! Yes, Handheld...:)