The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd. Well you know, the usual: a bit of perspective work**, couple of darn birds, the garbage can.. a bit of curves, pop and sharpening for print.

** despite the quite goob job of the ol' AIS PC, an excellent lens with an awesome :shocked: build quality.
(when using that type of lens, can't help thinking that's too bad we're well in the plastic age).
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, Corlan. While there are some pretty solid Nikon lenses, the comparison to the Leica lenses is pretty dramatic, in most cases.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way, Corlan. While there are some pretty solid Nikon lenses, the comparison to the Leica lenses is pretty dramatic, in most cases.
Or the Zeiss, for that matter. Then, all of the better build, AIS, Leica, Zeiss are stricyly MF... or, ironically, one has to go for (limited) 645 gear.

(but i guess that's also why except for the 105VR all the lenses i kept are not-the-plastic-kind)

H

HarrisGraeberII

Blooming with Life, bejeweled with Death
June 28, 2010
(clickable thumbnail)

m_driscoll

Matt...Special Work!!!
Steve: Thank you, sir! (insert smiley face here)

Nice addition to your previous, still ongoing series. Everytihing seems ready for the 4th over there.

Sounds like you'll end up with several "Public Market" books material: "Around the Market" "Inside the Market" "Everyday life at the Market" "Music at the Market" "People and characters" and so on. Seriously

On this specific set -all nice, i like the accordion shot a lot, and the dynamic expressions on the next. What were they singing this time? Not Comfortably Numb, probably ;)
edit: oh i missed the green plane. Nice catch... is it one from Steve's private fleet?
Corlan: Thank you. :D Yep. Tomorrow starting around 6:00 pm it will get real busy in my neighborhood with people parking to walk down to the park for the fireworks. The accordion shot was liked by the camera too. It needed no additional processing other then conversion. I hate to say it, but i don't remember what they were singing. I'll let you know when the books are published. :LOL: ;)

Matt: really nice series. I like them all but my favorite is the last closeup of the guitar. Great B&W tones. :thumbup:
Happy Fourth of July weekend to all who celebrate it here in the states. To everyone else, happy weekend!
Tim: Thanks. :D This is a great shot! It has people, the flag, OOF, color, light, shadow, different generations....very 4th of July parade. Perfect sense of the day. If only it had an eagle in there somewhere? (insert LOL here)

Indeed. You nailed it, and Steve nailed the description!:thumbup:
Lloyd: Thank you! Enjoy the 4th. (insert salute here)

Happy Fourth of July to all my American Friends around the World and at DPI.
This is the time to Admire and Praise the Birth of a Great Nation.
God Bless and best Wishes for now and the Future America.
Rayyan: Thank you, my friend, from my family in Seattle, and, I'm sure, from all of the rest of your American friends at GetDPI. :salute:

Very nice Tim... I'll second that notion... both of them.
Lloyd: +1 & +1 to "Tim's notions". Holy cow is right! Awesome eagle shot. (insert thumbs up here)

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Blooming with Life, bejeweled with Death
June 28, 2010
(clickable thumbnail)
Harris: Interesting image. Very detailed. Nice color and OOF.

Great old church, and a terrific shot, Corlan... especially if that's before final processing!

Same morning:

And a couple of hours later on the way back home.
Corlan: Excellent images. I'm not familiar with the PC 28mm. I have the 24mm PC-E, but, I've never really used it seriously. The converging verticals in the church seem to have been resolved quite well. Just a touch left to make it seem more natural (I read somewhere about that). Like the moon shot and the barn. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Harris: Interesting image. Very detailed. Nice color and OOF.
:thumbup: From me. Very nice.

Corlan: Excellent images. I'm not familiar with the PC 28mm. I have the 24mm PC-E, but, I've never really used it seriously. The converging verticals in the church seem to have been resolved quite well. Just a touch left to make it seem more natural (I read somewhere about that). Like the moon shot and the barn. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

I'm with Matt here. Excellent work all around, Corlan. I really like you b/w conversions as well.

m_driscoll

Some more from the other day's outing. I'm going to have to ask her next time where she learned to play the saw. Not in the high school band, I'm sure. I just looked in Wikipedia: it's played in Northern Europe, also! Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 70mm; 1/15s @ f/11; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 90mm; 1/15s @ f/13; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 92mm; 1/200s @ f/3.2; ISO 200

4. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/200s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 140mm; 1/320s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

6. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 140mm; 1/200s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

Lloyd

Some more from the other day's outing. I'm going to have to ask her next time where she learned to play the saw. Not in the high school band, I'm sure. I just looked in Wikipedia: it's played in Northern Europe, also! Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Very interesting. It would be fun to find out. Nice set Matt. :thumbup:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Very nice pair of shots. Both buildings are interesting and testify to the longevity of the original design and craftsmanship of the builders. I am fascinated by round shapes in old buildings. Very clever hand work on display, all done before CAD! Very nice.

Matt: Nice series on the musicians. The saw-lady is feeling it! I heard a saw player a couple weeks ago—very interesting sound but a little goes a long way.

shtarka1

Postcard, XIIIth c. church.

One of the -lightly processed- test shots, at sunrise:

Actual shot about 90 min. later (file just before final processing):

(D3X - PC Nikkor 28mm f/3.5 - ACR + PS)

Very nice contrast, morning glow & composition C! Sure is a Beautiful Church! Like the muted color in the first & saturation in the second!:)

shtarka1

"She was analyzing Joanie's stride, and being yet again amazed by what great shape she's in... still."
Well since it's a slow day, I will try and help your wife's stride analysis....Perhaps I can justify the post, not as photo art but as an homage to Muybridge.

Steve
Excellent stride, color & sequence Steve!

shtarka1

2. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 90mm; 1/15s @ f/13; ISO 200

D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/200s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 140mm; 1/320s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

6. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 140mm; 1/200s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

Nice expressions, IQ, guitar & Saw!:D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Tim, Steve, for your kind words. :)

Tim, for sure they knew how to build them sturdy at the time, pretty much with bare hands, a couple of tools and astute brains. Another round one then, couple of hundred miles from there... got targetted and hammered pretty badly over history, but somehow still standing.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, cool singer set: in the first shots it's like you're getting us to know her, and in the final one she eventually notice us, through you camera, and reveals her kind, smiling inner self to us. Well, something along these lines... Very nice.

Re the saw afaik it's played pretty much all over the world, in various forms. Marlene Dietrich was a reputable saw player (probably one of the very first lady)... we can surely wish our friend here the same success -or even a fraction :)

Oh btw, i'll probably need a 24 PC-E (or the 45) at some point, will need the tilt feature. Unfortunately no metal built alternatives (except for the Hartblei maybe, but these are kinda hard to get)... If someday you're thinking about lightening you -last? :D- bag... drop me a line, who knows? :angel:

m_driscoll

Very interesting. It would be fun to find out. Nice set Matt. :thumbup:
Lloyd: I'm going to ask. They might be there tomorrow. It looks like they play at the Conner Byrne (an Irish Pub) , or some other gig on Fri/Sat. nights.

...Matt: Nice series on the musicians. The saw-lady is feeling it! I heard a saw player a couple weeks ago—very interesting sound but a little goes a long way.
Tim: Thanks. :D It's tempered a bit because, as you saw, she goes back and forth between it and the guitar. ;)

Matt, musicians series is very, very nice!
Osman: Thank you very much! :D I tend to overshoot things I like.

Nice expressions, IQ, guitar & Saw!:D
Steve: Thank you! I'll have to find out if it's a hardware store saw, or one especially made for playing. There are Swedish and French Saw makers that are apparently tops. Specially tuned teeth, etc.

Matt, cool singer set: in the first shots it's like you're getting us to know her, and in the final one she eventually notice us, through you camera, and reveals her kind, smiling inner self to us. Well, something along these lines... Very nice.
Re the saw afaik it's played pretty much all over the world, in various forms. Marlene Dietrich was a reputable saw player (probably one of the very first lady)... we can surely wish our friend here the same success -or even a fraction :)
Oh btw, i'll probably need a 24 PC-E (or the 45) at some point, will need the tilt feature. Unfortunately no metal built alternatives (except for the Hartblei maybe, but these are kinda hard to get)... If someday you're thinking about lightening you -last? :D- bag... drop me a line, who knows? :angel:
Corlan: Thanks. I hung around, talked to them, tipped them, tried a little "rayyan" on them. Not my usual smash and grab. If, I was 35years younger and unmarried...I'll keep you in mind re: the 24mm PC-E.

Cheers, Matt

mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Tim, Steve, for your kind words. :)

Tim, for sure they knew how to build them sturdy at the time, pretty much with bare hands, a couple of tools and astute brains. Another round one then, couple of hundred miles from there... got targetted and hammered pretty badly over history, but somehow still standing.

Corlan: Nice medieval tower. I wonder how much of that damage is from last century's wars? Although, if you put a machine gun in there, it would have been blown to bits. Maybe too obvious for last century's wars. I like the PP. The sky has an attractive grain.

Cheers, Matt