The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

rayyan: I like this second photo best. The buildings make more of a backdrop for the boats.

Ease of transportation's an excellent criteria for weighting a travel destination. Europe's much easier to get around then any other continent. Having said that, it's still requires a car to see Tuscany, Wales, Northern, Scotland, any place in Ireland (except Dublin; I destroyed two car mirrors in one trip!). Can't go everywhere in a lifetime (although it appears that you will). I like your style! Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Thank you for the kind words. 2 car mirrors! :eek: It must be the side
of the road they drive on!:D Of course you are right. Cars are indeed needed
sometimes. No Matt. can't go everywhere in a lifetime. Most of it is left
unseen and unfelt.

Take care my friend.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
An ongoing project. ;) Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Is it called the stalker project? :rolleyes: :D
Nice :)

Sorry we're in a middle of birthday party here...

Rayyan, the ongoing Scandinavian series is gorgeous. The wider, boat scenes are splendid (and for once i'll disagree with Matt on that one and opt for the first one), though i have an inclination towards the smaller street shots, especially the gallery (angle looks quite natural to me btw), and the couple strolling down the paved, narrow street, where the light is amazing.

Lloyd

An ongoing project. ;) Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
Interesting and worth project, Matt. :D Those last two show why parting can be a sweet sorrow.;)

I also found it interesting how similar the hair is on the women in the last two shots.

rayyan

How would you have traveled to the National Museum? Most tourists consider
that by taking a subway they would miss on the beauty overground of Stockholm.

On the other hand, if one does not experience the subway one misses out on
about 120 kms of art, design, color, and the essence of something very Swedish and Scandinavian.

We took the subway. Our advice...find time to ride the subway.
Some pics. Sorry I do not flash well at all.

Let's go into one subway station that I know is not crowded now...

[/CENTER]

The train is at the last stop, so we can take some time...

Each station has a different theme. We were lucky to give DPI members a
private tour. one on one shall we say.

Take the subway! Enjoy the art.

Lloyd

about 120 kms of art, design, color, and the essence of something very Swedish and Scandinavian.

Very impressive subway station, and wonderfully captured. Does indeed look like you have the whole thing to yourself!

shtarka1

Rayyan...The subways dont look like that in Boston! I hope to ride this train at some point in my life! Excellent color & angles!

shtarka1

One of the main criteria for Ayesha and me to select the countries/cities we would like to visit is transport..the ease of it.

The transportation has to be , for us , efficient, convenient, frequent, safe and meet our schedules of sleep and wake hours. And ' relatively cheap ' in keeping with the local prices.We might add to this and Pleasant!!.

This invariably leads us to ' Old Europe ' in the majority of cases.

Car rentals, for us both, should be our choice not a necessity...To Stockholm then...

How would you arrive here? Walk, car, bicycle, subway, ferry? Maybe some
animal transport?

We visited the place above and the following one...

One is the National Museum, the other an exquisite area to walk around.
How would you travel to these places? I shall give how we did it later. Just for fun, how would you do it?
What A View! Gorgeous!!!

m_driscoll

Matt, especially the first shot is stunning. You've captured the essence of the moment.
Osman: Thank you. (insert big smile here) The light was just right to highlight her and the stand with the background in shadow. Right place, right time.

Matt: Do you need a helper with this project?;) Lovely shots front and back!
YaY Seattle :thumbs:...
Matt: Thank you for the kind words. 2 car mirrors! :eek: It must be the side
of the road they drive on! Of course you are right. Cars are indeed needed
sometimes. No Matt. can't go everywhere in a lifetime. Most of it is left
unseen and unfelt. Take care my friend.
rayyan: I can always use a helper! Wrong side of the road and single track highways. One was on our rental and one was on an Irishman's car. When I found him, he said "not to worry, it happens all the time, enjoy your vacation". Nice people, the Irish. We were on our way to see our family castle in Baltimore, County Cork (every Irish-American family has a castle in Ireland!)

Is it called the stalker project? :rolleyes: :D
Nice :)...
Corlan: Enjoy the birthday party. "Stalker"? Of course not. I am an aesthete with a camera. I wouldn't have taken the last photo (maybe), if she was 2' to the right. I liked the vanishing point created by the cars, the road, and her vector. The juxtaposition of her, the traffic cone and the guy in the red shirt combine to balance the vanishing point's movement away.

Interesting and worth project, Matt. :D Those last two show why parting can be a sweet sorrow.;)
I also found it interesting how similar the hair is on the women in the last two shots.
Lloyd: Thank you sir. Their hair (believe it or not) was the first thing I saw. Very striking.

Awesome Street, Dude!:)
Like the Late,Great Jimmy Durante once said, " Ha Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha!"
or..Jackie Gleason, " How Sweet It Is!" :thumbs:
Steve: Thank you! That's why they make telephoto lenses. I was also motivated by one of your 0.95 shots.

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Whew... Lots to catch up on!
In the mean time...
La Panaderia
Jason: Nice B&W. The framing, pp, and catching the pedestrian - very good.

Rayyan: Terrific photos! It's better (much better) then the travel channel. Compositions and colors are excellent.

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Very impressive subway station, and wonderfully captured. Does indeed look like you have the whole thing to yourself!
Lloyd: I knew ' when '! I had been there yesterday!!:eek:

Rayyan...The subways dont look like that in Boston! I hope to ride this train at some point in my life! Excellent color & angles!
Steve: I am sure they have a charm of their own! Thanks.

What A View! Gorgeous!!!
Steve: Much appreciated sir.

Rayyan: Terrific photos! It's better (much better) then the travel channel. Compositions and colors are excellent.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: :eek::eek:; Thank you very much.

Gentlemen :salute:

rayyan

How do you like Stockholm? Lovely. Where have you been? All over. It is wonderful. We are going up country tomorrow. Have you been to the islands?

We didn't really have the time. Then friends, you haven't been to Stockholm.

Let's visit them together.