The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

otumay

Thank you, Osman. I'm honored. (By the way, did the girl ever discover your nationality? That story had me on the floor laughing!)
No Lloyd, to her exasperation, I didn't yield. Then she replied with a national gesture she knew me, as a Briton, would not know. This is equivalent to a gesture utilizing the middle finger, btw.

Here's the final moment of this heart-breaking episode:

Lloyd

No Lloyd, to her exasperation, I didn't yield. Then she replied with a national gesture she knew me, as a Briton, would not know. This is equivalent to a gesture utilizing the middle finger, btw.

Hmmm... well, at least there's a smile on her face. :rolleyes:

Glad you got the "good" shots first.

shtarka1

Steve: Thanks for your comments. Beautiful flower! Razored focus. Smiling children (ignore Osman's interrogatory) and a flower do brighten the spirits!

Did you have an R series, or just picked this lens up for the Nikon? And, you carry a spritz bottle? Nice touch.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt! Actually got this lens off of a reputable dealer in Hong Kong from Flea-Bay & its one of my favorite lenses.It had the adapter already on it for Nikon. It rained all night & the flowers were soaked!:)

m_driscoll

Some more from the Lake Union Duck Dodge boat people. Thanks for looking. The EXIF data in Zenfolio looks suspiciously the same? Have to check in Lightroom tonight. Thanks for looking. cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 320

2. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 320

3. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 320

4. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 320

Lloyd

Some more from the Lake Union Duck Dodge boat people. Thanks for looking. The EXIF data in Zenfolio looks suspiciously the same? Have to check in Lightroom tonight. Thanks for looking. cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 320
Great set! This first one looks like a collision is imminent. I hope there wasn't one.

m_driscoll

Osman: This is a great photo! The kids are "posing" a bit and seem in a playful mood. You caught a wonderful moment. Beautiful focus, OOF, and PP. Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt! Actually got this lens off of a reputable dealer in Hong Kong from Flea-Bay & its one of my favorite lenses.It had the adapter already on it for Nikon. It rained all night & the flowers were soaked!:)
It's a great lens, used well. I was kidding about the spritz bottle.:LOL:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Somewhat off topic, but just to update...

It has been somewhat unnerving over the last few days. We are about two miles from where the main protest group was located. Stocked up with food, water, and stayed out of harm's way. Any temptation to take photos was firmly squashed. Maybe on the weekend. Office where I work was closed for safety. So working from home.

I just feel sad for this country.

Cheers,

John
More OT
Here's a link that gives an interesting perspective to the situation. Lots of reading, since the sub-links are vital to understand this:

http://rebelnews.org/opinion/nwo/225473-thailands-thaksin-shinwatra-marxists

ibcj

This hawk hit a smaller bird in mid air and made it a meal. Was interesting to see him clean his beak and talons when he was done.

D3 w/70-200 vrii

Lloyd

This hawk hit a smaller bird in mid air and made it a meal. Was interesting to see him clean his beak and talons when he was done.

D3 w/70-200 vrii
Wow. Impressive stuff, Chris. Nicely seen and captured! :salute:

Lloyd

A little OT rant (it does involve an image shot with a Nikon:)): I find myself on the horns of a dilemma. I was informed today that one of my images now occupies a two-page spread in a national magazine. Pretty cool, on one hand (Mimi is in the image, btw, but only I know which person is her)... I picked up a copy of the magazine, and sure enough, there it is. However, I never granted permission for it's use, have not been compensated, and wouldn't have even known about it if a friend hadn't called it to my attention. What's more, I wasn't even given photo credit for the shot!:(

I've now done some checking and found out that the Race Director for a triathlon I shot gave them the image file, and it's used in a story promoting his race. I'm pretty sure that if I demand payment from the magazine, they'll just pass the cost through to the Race Director, saying in submitting the image, he had assured them he had the necessary rights for this use (it's right in their art submission policy). I know the guy, and he puts on a great race, but he and his team have lost money so far, and I'd like to see the race continue, and hopefully become successful, so I don't want him taking the hit.

Sooooo, I'm sort of at a loss as to what to do. I think I'd at least like to have photo credit. It would be nice to have the tear sheet in my portfolio. Any ideas?

m_driscoll

Traffic jam on the lake. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 320

2. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 320

3. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/400s @ f/4; ISO 320

4. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/500s @ f/4; ISO 320

m_driscoll

A little OT rant (it does involve an image shot with a Nikon:)): I find myself on the horns of a dilemma. I was informed today that one of my images now occupies a two-page spread in a national magazine. Pretty cool, on one hand (Mimi is in the image, btw, but only I know which person is her)... I picked up a copy of the magazine, and sure enough, there it is. However, I never granted permission for it's use, have not been compensated, and wouldn't have even known about it if a friend hadn't called it to my attention. What's more, I wasn't even given photo credit for the shot!:(

I've now done some checking and found out that the Race Director for a triathlon I shot gave them the image file, and it's used in a story promoting his race. I'm pretty sure that if I demand payment from the magazine, they'll just pass the cost through to the Race Director, saying in submitting the image, he had assured them he had the necessary rights for this use (it's right in their art submission policy). I know the guy, and he puts on a great race, but he and his team have lost money so far, and I'd like to see the race continue, and hopefully become successful, so I don't want him taking the hit.

Sooooo, I'm sort of at a loss as to what to do. I think I'd at least like to have photo credit. It would be nice to have the tear sheet in my portfolio. Any ideas?
Lloyd: Well, congratulations? I'm not versed in the law; but, it seems you're between a rock and a hard place. You're probably right; the magazine would have expected the Race Director to have the rights to use the photo. They'd probably expect him to rectify it, if confronted. At the least, a photo credit would be good. It'd be in the next issue; but, you'd have it in your portfolio. Good luck. Cheers, Matt

BTW: Thank you