The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan, your macro is really a fine art!
Thanks Alex for the kind words.

Matt: another winner. The delicate hues and sails texture under the gentle -late afternoon (?)- light are terrific.
The level of details in the grey sails is just incredible.

m_driscoll

Nice light on the sails & exceptional photo OP! Looks like Fun Shooting!
...Matt: another winner. The delicate hues and sails texture under the gentle -late afternoon (?)- light are terrific.
The level of details in the grey sails is just incredible.
Steve/Corlan: Thank you gentlemen. It was fun shooting. The wind was good (made my wife a little cold) for sailing, light was great. I'm going back another day to catch the later light (we had to be somewhere). I was somewhat amazed at the detail in those sails! The fabric must be hitting the sidelight just right to accentuate the weave. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio to com

ashwinrao1

Matt, these are GREAT shots! It was great seeing you tonight at Mark's place! I am impressed, VERY impressed by your sail shots and agree with all of the positive comments above!

ashwinrao1

Matt, that eagle shot!!!!!

Lloyd, wow, great photo as well!!! Dang, all you Leica guys are Nikon guys too? hahaha.... too bad my year that's not Leica starts with a "C" and ends with bunch of white lenses...

m_driscoll

Wow. What an impressive image. Steve's right about the light on the sails.
BTW, where are you shooting from, Matt?
Lloyd: Thanks. A bit serendipitous! Got the light just right on those sails. We (my wife and I) were standing about 3' above lake level at the very tip of Gasworks Park. The North leg of the race was right in front of us.

Matt, these are GREAT shots! It was great seeing you tonight at Mark's place! I am impressed, VERY impressed by your sail shots and agree with all of the positive comments above!
Matt, that eagle shot!!!!!

Lloyd, wow, great photo as well!!! Dang, all you Leica guys are Nikon guys too? hahaha.... too bad my year that's not Leica starts with a "C" and ends with bunch of white lenses...
Ashwin: Thanks. Nice to see you there also. The best glass and the second best glass. Makes sense to shoot both. :LOL: ;) :grin:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

JohnH

Bangkok clan up. The Red Shirt protestors have gone, the debris remains...

D3X, Zeiss 85mm

Thanks.

John

leif e

Lovely stuff! Sailing shots; speed, drama, tight composition; all!
Rayyan; your wall and window had me thinking Gamla Stan (Stockholm) as soon I glimpsed it - and before i read a word.

leif e

leif e

I need to unload another test shot taken with the vintage 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor.

This thing (Anemone nemorosa) has been littrally carprting the woods for a while now - as it does in large parts of Scandinavia.

Blooming brach; same set-up. BW: Silver Efex.

ISO 200, D200

leif e

rayyan

Lovely stuff! Sailing shots; speed, drama, tight composition; all!
Rayyan; your wall and window had me thinking Gamla Stan (Stockholm) as soon I glimpsed it - and before i read a word.

leif e
Leif: Hello there. Thanks for stopping by. Gamla Stan it is. First, let me through yo, thank the beautiful people of Scandinavia for making our trip
we shall never forget. The countries are gorgeous. The people were ' otu of this world '.

Moving away from Gamla Stan to your part of the world...

Wonderful place..the people made it heavenly for us.

shtarka1

Here's a couple more. Beautiful Chris Craft! Sorry to be posting so many. Cheers, Matt.

2. D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 400mm; 1/300s @ f/7.1; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Beautiful Vessel & Imagery of course shot well Matt!
Bangkok clan up. The Red Shirt protestors have gone, the debris remains...

D3X, Zeiss 85mm

Thanks.

John
Lets hope Peace prevails...Nicely shot...
I need to unload another test shot taken with the vintage 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor.

This thing (Anemone nemorosa) has been littrally carprting the woods for a while now - as it does in large parts of Scandinavia.

Blooming brach; same set-up. BW: Silver Efex.

ISO 200, D200

leif e
2 Strong, Lovely Photo's!
Leif: Hello there. Thanks for stopping by. Gamla Stan it is. First, let me through yo, thank the beautiful people of Scandinavia for making our trip
we shall never forget. The countries are gorgeous. The people were ' otu of this world '.

Moving away from Gamla Stan to your part of the world...

Wonderful place..the people made it heavenly for us.
Wonderful Set Rayyan!

leif e

Rayyan! Thanks for sharing lovely images - I agree; this can be a wonderful place. The people? :eek: Well; after a while we get very boring. :D
I´m real glad you had a fine trip!

I had one myself today; five hours in the woods, warmish spring weather. I love it when the sun finds it´s little ways into that dense semi-darkness.

leif e

rayyan

Wonderful Set Rayyan!
Steve: Thanks a bunch.

Rayyan! Thanks for sharing lovely images - I agree; this can be a wonderful place. The people? :eek: Well; after a while we get very boring. :D
I´m real glad you had a fine trip!

I had one myself today; five hours in the woods, warmish spring weather. I love it when the sun finds it´s little ways into that dense semi-darkness.

leif e
Leif: Appreciate your kind words. I do not know much about plants and flowers but your photographs are wonderful for capturing the delicate patterns and the play of light in the forest.

Best regards.

Lloyd

Beautiful Vessel & Imagery of course shot well Matt!

Lets hope Peace prevails...Nicely shot...

2 Strong, Lovely Photo's!

Wonderful Set Rayyan!
Yes, yes, and yes. I'm in accord with Steve, on all counts. :thumbs::thumbup: