The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

:eek: tough bunch of photographers here on this board, not easy to be the next one to post after all these superb shots ...

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nice one, Steen. After the brick walls, now the tile roofs shot? :rolleyes:
There's always some sense of mystery (or danger if you're below) looking at these with such a sharp angle...

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Thanks, Corlan and Osman.

Corlan, I get what you mean, I even saw a man climbing on these roofs without any sort of security rope. Scary.
I didn't dare photograph him. You know, the wings of the butterfly etc. ... :lecture:

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Lars, nice fisheye capture. And excellent D-lighting processing.
What 'Software ver. 1.02' did you use for the D-lighting effect, has it anything to do with your software project (if I may be so curious) ... :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Steen, i don't see no butter flying (poor one, i know :eek:), but surely like the last shot above a lot -probably more than the previous one, but that's me.

Where was it taken precisely?

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

Steen, i don't see no butter flying (poor one, i know :eek:), but surely like the last shot above a lot -probably more than the previous one, but that's me.

Where was it taken precisely?
Thank you, my friend. They are from the city named Split in Croatia.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Re: Forty-nine Fantastic Photographers and Me

Thank you, my friend. They are from the city named Split in Croatia.
Home of the famous Hajduk? Lotsa soccer memories associated with the name... Heard it was a wonderful city with many artifacts and architecture.

shtarka1

Sling Shot

D3X ZF 50/2M 5*4 format in camera
Excellent for Composition, Structure,Contrast & Every Darn Thing Else! Man, I Love This Shot!!!

D3X ZF 50/2M
Beautiful! Such Nice Comp & Rendering Of The Zeiss!
This evening, Stockholm. D700, Fisheye-Nikkor 16/2.8D, D-Lighting effect at maximum.
Lars, Stellar IQ & Perspective!
Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

D3s; 200-400mm f/4; 200mm; 1/500 @ f/6.3: ISO 320

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Wow! Just Wow!
Wonderful Color,Subject & Culture Rayyan!

click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/640 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Very Nice Steen!

Lloyd

Steen, Rayyan, Corlan more magic (and no idea whatsoever on that mystery structure, Corlan). Thanks for the inspiration guys!

m_driscoll

Processed in-camera from raw. Fisheye can create usable images if horizon is centered and there are no vertical lines towards the sides.
Lars: Thanks. I'll have to read that section of the manual again. I understood that the D-Lighting only worked with in-camera jpegs, or processing in NX2. Are the resultant NEF raw files created readable in ACR with the D-lighting intact? Or, are you creating jpegs? Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt: Gorgeous. Just look at the clarity of those sails! excellent framing. The
light is wonderful. Well done sir.
Thanks Matt ( and fellow +oners :D)
You're right, i guess that was the point posting these two in a row :)
Btw the first one is for a regional publication, one page spread. But no philosophy involved, just illustrating the area and their commitment towards renewable energies.
The new sail boat's great. You've added tranparency to details in the fabric, plus the boat angle brings in a dynamic touch. Real nice...
Rayyan, Matt and Steen; marvelous shots...
...Wow! Just Wow!...
+1 from here. Just as he says. :thumbup:
Rayyan/Corlan/Osman/Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen (don't any women own Nikons?), thank you! :D:D:D:D:D Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Stunning! The color, composition, subject, all great. Her knee up to support the hand sewing. Probably works long days. Pakistan? India? Nepal?

:eek: tough bunch of photographers here on this board, not easy to be the next one to post after all these superb shots ...
click for larger size

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/200 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Steen: Beautiful detail shot. I like the texture and colors of the materials and the complicated forms and interfaces. Nice!

Corlan, I get what you mean, I even saw a man climbing on these roofs without any sort of security rope. Scary.
I didn't dare photograph him. You know, the wings of the butterfly etc. ... :lecture:
click for larger size

Steen: What i said above!

Can you guess the function?
(i couldn't)
Corlan: Very X-Files! Crematorium? Highway rest stop with overly elaborate viewing/cell tower? Nice photo with the strong form and the planted filed just coming up.

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayyan: yet another superb situation portrait. There's an almost Vermeer quality to the blue on the wall and cushion. Nice thing to see that at least some of the textile work is not the result of mass production or modern Taylorism. Obviously, no standardization of tools in sight, there. And what a beautiful model, with an elegant stance.
Corian: Thanks a lot. I think that;s a cell phone repeater tower you have there Corian.

Rayyan, Matt and Steen; marvelous shots...
Osman: Thanks.

Wonderful Color,Subject & Culture Rayyan!
Steve: Thank you sir.

Steen, Rayyan, Corlan more magic (and no idea whatsoever on that mystery structure, Corlan). Thanks for the inspiration guys!
Lloyd: Thanks Lloyd: I am sure all uf us get inspiration and more from your captures too!

Regards.