The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Osman, thanks Jason. Much appreciated.

Level of details can be quite amazing with the D3X and the proper optics and/or some stability. For this one it was a good thing that the area is remote and pretty much unfrequented, as i was laying awkwardly on top of my car to try and get the best, steady angle... :rolleyes:

Jason, thanks for the insight. You definitely got the best out of the opportunity. Isn't that the essence of PJ work? :thumbup:

m_driscoll

Thanks for looking.
It was our wedding anniversary. I suggested Paris. She wanted Prague...
Who was I to say ' no'.
Thank you Ayesha for sticking with me.
...Matt: "Rachel" is another notch on the 200-400 handle (or is it barrel?). Cool framing!
Holy Man!! Looks like a lot to review. Hopefully later today. In the mean time, although I took these with my Droid, it was quite a sight to behold.
President Obama is coming back to Chicago, so the Secret Service, CFD, CPD and other federal security agencies were doing a practice run landing in a parking lot in downtown Chicago. The rotors were about 15' from the lightposts. Amazing stuff!!
I am used to this:

Regards.
CrossRoads:

(i apologize in advance for the large viewing size -at least on my monitor smaller jpeg versions just kill the details - original is a 30" print file from D3X with ZF 50/2M)
Along the Cabot Trial...Nova Scotia:

[/CENTER] Thanks for looking.
All, thanks for your kind comments. Great photos posted here!! :thumbs:
Jason: Shouldn't that be on the "Droid" board?
Rayyan: Awesome portrait and zodiac look-a-like. The desert's beautiful! Have fun in Jordan and happy aniversary (whenever it was).
Corlan: Great crossroads. +1 for Jorgen and Lloyd's comments. What's the significance of the small monument? Napoleon turn left!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

New lens. Don't tell my wife. It's not a nikon; but, I'm not sure about any Nikon Macros above the stellar 105mm VR. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/800s @ f/3.2: ISO 250

2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/640s @ f/3.3: ISO 250

2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/3200s @ f/3.3: ISO 250

4. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/640s @ f/7.1: ISO 250

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, just saw your flowers posted above while i was writing this. They're terrific.
Particularly like the second and third one, for color, light, and the smooth transitions.

Corlan: Great crossroads. +1 for Jorgen and Lloyd's comments. What's the significance of the small monument? Napoleon turn left!

(the "small monument" is simply an old roadside crucifix, the upper -significant- part having obviously been replaced more recently than its older, solid stone basis counterpart)

He probably did :D I
n fact, it was more the german army making the left turn heading northwest torwards Paris. A couple of times...

Lot of war cemeteries in the area, mostly German. Some previous work in my GetDPI gallery here, with the D700/ZF21 : http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=164&userid= ("WWI German Cemetery" sub-folder) ... Here's a more recent one with the D3X (sorry again for the large size... well i'd rather destroy only one thread page's layout at the time :eek:):

(it's my personal favorite from the new series (light was promising but had to wait a couple of jours to get exactly this exact angle)... i'll post some more at regular jpeg size in the gallery later on, for those interested)

m_driscoll

Matt, just saw your flowers posted above while i was writing this. They're terrific.
Particularly like the second and third one, for color, light, and the smooth transitions.

(the "small monument" is simply an old roadside crucifix, the upper -significant- part having obviously been replaced more recently than its older, solid stone basis counterpart)

n fact, it was more the german army making the left turn heading northwest torwards Paris. A couple of times...

Lot of war cemeteries in the area, mostly German. Some previous work in my GetDPI gallery here, with the D700/ZF21 : http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=164&userid= ("WWI German Cemetery" sub-folder) ... Here's a more recent one with the D3X (sorry again for the large size... well i'd rather destroy only one thread page's layout at the time :eek:):

(it's my personal favorite from the new series (light was promising but had to wait a couple of jours to get exactly this exact angle)... i'll post some more at regular jpeg size in the gallery later on, for those interested)
Corlan: Thanks. Still experimenting. I didn't want to mention the Germans. That crossroads has probably seen French, Spanish, Dutch, English, German, and American troops marching though, all more then once. That's an unlucky "Musketier". No big battles around then, and the war only has 10 more months to go. Nice photo. Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

I Can Smell The Ocean From Here My Friend! So Beautifully Shot!
Steve: Thanks.

What a nice thing to say (and to read, too). Thanks Jorgen. And thanks Lloyd, Steve, Rayyan. :)

Rayyan, your Cabot Trail looks like a -timeless- postcard from the second part of the 20th century. Nice!
Corian: Thank you. It was very dull most of our trip. Not cold but depressing
weather.

All, thanks for your kind comments. Great photos posted here!! :thumbs:
Jason: Shouldn't that be on the "Droid" board?
Rayyan: Awesome portrait and zodiac look-a-like. The desert's beautiful! Have fun in Jordan and happy aniversary (whenever it was).

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Appreciated. Still in the planning stage. Should we drive? what camera/s to carry? Lots of planning.;)

Take care.

rayyan

New lens. Don't tell my wife. It's not a nikon; but, I'm not sure about any Nikon Macros above the stellar 105mm VR. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

Matt: Those colors again. I do love that mauve/violet/blue?. The drops of the white...Oh! all of them are gorgeous.

Corian: A wonderful capture of a terrible time. Loved buried there.

Regards.

rayyan

Due to the weather, we tried this:

Ayesha also tried this from 14000 feet..

We were waiting for clearer weather for this:

Looked clearer in the morning..

We were in Switzerland.

shtarka1

1. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/800s @ f/3.2: ISO 250

2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/640s @ f/3.3: ISO 250

2. D3s; Sigma 150mm f/2.8 Macro; 1/3200s @ f/3.3: ISO 250

Excellent IQ On The Siggy Macro! Beautiful Grabs!

shtarka1

Extremely Powerful,Brilliantly Shot, Masterful Image Corlan!!!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan: thanks. Ayesha is definitely a daring woman. Being "a bit" of the anxious type when it comes to the well-being of the loved ones (i've been once open-heartedly called a "global worrier" :eek:), not sure i could endure sherpaing like you do. Kudos to you both.

Your takes of the Matterhorn (i think) are original and perfectly illustrate the area. Well done.

shtarka1

Rayyan , Another Pretty Smile On Ayesha & The Last 2 Shots....Take Your Breath Away...Magical,Stunning & Spiritual!!!

Lloyd

Due to the weather, we tried this:

Ayesha also tried this from 14000 feet..

We were waiting for clearer weather for this:

Looked clearer in the morning..

We were in Switzerland.
Love Ayesha's adventurous spirit. (Which apparently matches your own!)

Beautiful images of the Matterhorn. Looking forward to more of this adventure.

Lloyd

Beautiful b/w image, and yet sobering at the same time.

otumay

A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:

Lloyd

A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
Very interesting info, Osman. And beautiful shots. I've had similar experiences in places I've been. I finally stopped trying to find an explanation. By the way, which 50/1.4 is this? Is it the new one?