The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

More flowers. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Two shots taken with the Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED
Matt, Lloyd: Vulgarly magnificent. Flowers cannot be captured that beautifully. Its a fake; fake I tell myself. But you guys do it routinely.

Lovely work and thank you both for sharing.:thumbs:

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

Matt: Droll; the smell of the water, the movement of the boats. the framing.
I am there! :salute:

Thanks for the sights and smell of the sea.

rayyan

We were going where the electric pylons and the ski tracks would be a memory.

It was a formidable climb. We had the greatest respect for the Alps.
We failed...this time. We would be back. It will remember us as we shall
remember it. We failed with honor. It won with dignity. The next time we
shall be amongst friends. The Matterhorn is a tough hombre for sure.

Corlan, you're giving me severe D3X envy!!

Rayran... Matterhorn, me thinks? Anywhere you haven't gone? :D We are thinking Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia in August. Any input from you fine folks?

Shooting a wedding Sunday in one of my favorite locations in Chicago. Look for some good stuff early next week!!!

For now, here's a few from a recent wedding....

shtarka1

A few shots from Asklepion, the world's first psychiatric hospital built in honor of Asklepios, the god of healing. Patients included Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius, Caracalla. This site competes with the Acropolis in terms of historical importance in Pergamon. I distinctly remember feeling very good when I was there; the non-nonsense guy in me strived to find a scientific reason for this in vain.
D700 and Nikkor 50/1.4
Best,
Osman

The northern wall is double layered, utilizing the space between as insulation against heat loss:
Osman, Thanks for the history lesson & wonderful shots!

shtarka1

Lloyd: Thank you! :D

Corlan: I agree with you on the 105mm VR (one of my favorite lenses). I wanted something a little longer and I'd heard reasonably good things about this lens. It's also relatively compact. I tried to find a Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED; but, appears to only be available from HK. Good idea. I'll get the flowers tomorrow night. Cheers, Matt

Both are cropped. The second one is a crop of this photo:

Two shots taken with the Micro-Nikkor AF 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6D ED

You 2 are getting macro deep! Really Gorgeous Stuff Guy's!

shtarka1

Corlan, you're giving me severe D3X envy!!

Rayran... Matterhorn, me thinks? Anywhere you haven't gone? :D We are thinking Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia in August. Any input from you fine folks?

Shooting a wedding Sunday in one of my favorite locations in Chicago. Look for some good stuff early next week!!!

For now, here's a few from a recent wedding....

Excellent Captures Jason!

rayyan

...a formidable view, and a formidable photo. :salute:

No majestic mountains here, just small hills... and some S-curves:

Got some pylons too, though. Skytrails. And a tree.

Corian: Thank you. My friend, it is not the majestic mountains nor the small hills that matter. It is us, the travellers, and how we took those minute steps. Through the mountains or through the beautiful ' s' curves and bends
of life.

A perfect traveller's photo. The one where the traveller saw more than the small hill or sensed the purpose of the pylon.

Regards.

shtarka1

...a formidable view, and a formidable photo. :salute:

No majestic mountains here, just small hills... and some S-curves:

The road pulling you into the trees. The composition reminds me of lifes journey. Obstacles,Beauty & Uncertainty. Excellent , Corlan!

Lloyd

Matt, this Eagle fellow looks like the real life, boat equivalent of Pixar's Cars. You do have a sharp eye for detecting this kind of "expressions". I just keep looking back at it, and my better half on my side carries a large smile. Love the humorful spirit! :thumbs:

(thanks for the confirmation about the slight crop)
Matt: LOL. That is really funny. I'm with Corlan. Well seen.

Lloyd: was not aware of that lens. Seems pretty good -you sure do a good job with it. :)
Corlan: Thank you. It is a marvelous lens. Very rare to find one for sale. I don't understand why Nikon quit producing this gem.

Lloyd

Lloyd: I honestly feel embarassed by the kindness you people show me.

Best Regards.
We're grateful you're here with us, Rayyan. And your work is more than worthy of positive accolades.

That said, I also find this an unusual forum. I've spent some time on others, and the attitudes there could not be more different. It's amazing to me what the relative anonymity of the the Internet somehow encourages people to do. I think that some folks may one day have their lack of decorum come back to haunt them... they're not as anonymous as they think!

Here we have what I've called before a "mutual inspiration association". I'm grateful that's the case, and I draw on that constantly. Like I said, you sir, have become an important part of that association (very much on the "inspiration" part, and equally on the "mutual"), and I, for one, and glad you're here!

shtarka1

We're grateful you're here with us, Rayyan. And your work is more than worthy of positive accolades.

That said, I also find this an unusual forum. I've spent some time on others, and the attitudes there could not be more different. It's amazing to me what the relative anonymity of the the Internet somehow encourages people to do. I think that some folks may one day have their lack of decorum come back to haunt them... they're not as anonymous as they think!

Here we have what I've called before a "mutual inspiration association". I'm grateful that's the case, and I draw on that constantly. Like I said, you sir, have become an important part of that association (very much on the "inspiration" part, and equally on the "mutual"), and I, for one, and glad you're here!
Well Said Brotha! Amen.

Lloyd

We were going where the electric pylons and the ski tracks would be a memory.

It was a formidable climb. We had the greatest respect for the Alps.
We failed...this time. We would be back. It will remember us as we shall
remember it. We failed with honor. It won with dignity. The next time we
shall be amongst friends. The Matterhorn is a tough hombre for sure.
A lot of grandeur in that image, and more in the description. To fail with honor is only honor, not failure. Looking forward to the next chapter... whenever it occurs.