The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks all for the nice words. You're way too kind. I was indeed surprised when looking at the files and how well they handled PP. It was outside some time before dark so there was still a fait amount of light, overcast sky after raining. A lower ISO with slower shutter speed could have been used in those conditions (i actually did), with different and it that case lesser results. So it's not a torture test... interesting though.

AlexLF

While I'm not done with Barcelona I have some pics to share (D3x, 14-24/2.8, no PS because is not installed on my laptop):

Lloyd

While I'm not done with Barcelona I have some pics to share (D3x, 14-24/2.8, no PS because is not installed on my laptop):
Very, very nice, Alex. And I take it from these that you're pleased with the 14-24/2.8?

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Alex, these are very nice. The first one might need a little bit of PP when you're back on your usual system in order to match your usual look, still very promising. The second one is already excellent, with a right on control of the highlights for this long exposure. And as Steve rightfully noted, the lines work extremely well.

Looking forward to see more from your tribulations! :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
From the last series of landscapes, one i kinda like. From print file (so it might look a bit oversharpened here):

D3X - ZF50/2M - f2.8 - ISO100 - NX2+Nik SEP - late afternoon light

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Great series Jason, all of them. I particularly like the light, details and sense of space in the third one, while still preserving the moment. And, in my book, for many reasons (among which, the relation between the intimacy of the moment and the suggested context of the city is unique) the first one is simply award material. Seriously.

Corlan.. thank you so much. I am truly humbled.

Also, wow. What you and Alex are pulling out of your D3X's... I'm going to have to start charging more so I can join in the fun!! :D

jbcrane

Here's one from this past fall; Sunrise at Great Sand Dunes National Park here in Colorado. Nikon F6 on Velvia 50 with 17-35ƒ2.8ED; MUp w/ cable, .

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Here's one from this past fall; Sunrise at Great Sand Dunes National Park here in Colorado. Nikon F6 on Velvia 50 with 17-35ƒ2.8ED; MUp w/ cable, .
What a spectacular sky, John. But not only: colors, composition, the delicate foreground, and the darker horizon line in between makes the photo truly wonderful as a whole.