The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
just beauiful color and eyes, really cool

old nikkormat

Matt (now we have two Matt for the price of one! :D) this is georgeous. Perharps not as decayed as sometimes in your work, but definitely old, dusty, abandonned.

Great to see you around, we missed you! :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Nice Crop,Color & Wonderment On The Child's Adorable Face!
Exactly :)

(and thanks, Matt)

Where do you want them to look? asked Raj.

Let them look at you Raj. You look at them. Let both of you look at each other.
And let each of you look up to each other.

Me, I am just a traveler passing thru. Making notes of friends I made...

[/CENTER]
This latter addition to the Raj family series is on par with the rest: broken record i know, but... NG worthy.

The eyes in this whole set of yours are definitely spectacular... sometimes, "out of this world" has a special resonance.

shtarka1

Where do you want them to look? asked Raj.

Let them look at you Raj. You look at them. Let both of you look at each other.
And let each of you look up to each other.

Me, I am just a traveler passing thru. Making notes of friends I made...

The Faces & More Notably The Eyes & Hands Of These Lovely Women Speak Volumes About Their Lives & Hardships. You've Done It Again My Friend! You Have Done It Again!

Lloyd... the distortion on that shot works great! Never even heard of that lens before. Lovely!

Matt, capturing the kid is wonderful. Another great 70-300 shot. Hmm...

Viablex.. a nikormat! Fantastic! Lovely capture.

Rayran.. I could spend days just going through your photo archives! Amazing stuff!

Lloyd

The Faces & More Notably The Eyes & Hands Of These Lovely Women Speak Volumes About Their Lives & Hardships. You've Done It Again My Friend! You Have Done It Again!
Just as Steve says. I couldn't have said it better. :thumbup:

rayyan

wow what a shot!!
viablex: Thank you very much.

This latter addition to the Raj family series is on par with the rest: broken record i know, but... NG worthy.

The eyes in this whole set of yours are definitely spectacular... sometimes, "out of this world" has a special resonance.
Corian: :salute:

Steve: grateful for your kind words.

rayyan

50C...hot and dry. They started at 0500 hrs. had lunch. 1 hr nap under a date palm. Lunch was bread, half a chicken. 2 bottles of water. I ate with them.

It is hot...very very hot. Working is near impossible. he just wanted to finish the job. He did it extremely well.

rayyan

I love contrasts. Light and shade. wet and dry. hard and soft. Why?

How can one appreciate the day if there was no darkness? Age without the youth?

Use contrasts..it is the norm; it gives meaning to life. It shall give meaning to
your photographs.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
We discovered this fledgeling Barred Owl in the woods behind the house today. It stayed there, unafraid, long enough for me to return to the house and grab my camera. I wish I'd grabbed the tripod too since it was in the dark of the forest on a dark day. My guess is that the parents were nearby and only waiting for the humans to depart so they could rescue their baby.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Friday's post to my daily blog. D700 + Nikon 35mm f2.0 at 2.0. This was a torture test for flair which I liked well enough to post. Exposing differently from the same angle checks for purple fringing and CA. I find with the Nikon that I'm often dialing down post processing - the images require very little sharpening and extremely retrained use of the clarity and vibrance sliders. Some of the images on this thread look over-processed to me.

jbcrane

Istanbul. Sirkeci. 0200hrs.

Ayesha had gone to sleep. As had almost all others in the city. I had a date.

Date with the track maintenance crew. Working now, so that others could travel safely in the morning..

I talked about myself, my family, my kids, my home. They told me about theirs.

They told me about things to photograph in the mornings.

I told them I was not much interested in the beautiful masonry.

I had come to know, hear, feel and respect the masons. They understood.
This is fantastic. I appreciate the background commentary as well. Did I miss the exif? What was this image created with? Love the grain texture. Thank you for sharing this story.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Istanbul. Sirkeci. 0200hrs.

Ayesha had gone to sleep. As had almost all others in the city. I had a date.

Date with the track maintenance crew. Working now, so that others could travel safely in the morning..

I talked about myself, my family, my kids, my home. They told me about theirs.

They told me about things to photograph in the mornings.

I told them I was not much interested in the beautiful masonry.

I had come to know, hear, feel and respect the masons. They understood.
This is a great photograph :thumbs:

m_driscoll

rayyan/Celtic Steve/Corlan/Blackhawk Jason: Gentlemen, thank you! :D :D :D :D

Jason: That lens is a bargain for what you get!

rayyan: +1, +1, +1. As everybody said, your last three photos and narrative were great! Please collect a series of these with your narratives and create a Blurb book. It'd be great to see them together. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

We discovered this fledgeling Barred Owl in the woods behind the house today. It stayed there, unafraid, long enough for me to return to the house and grab my camera. I wish I'd grabbed the tripod too since it was in the dark of the forest on a dark day. My guess is that the parents were nearby and only waiting for the humans to depart so they could rescue their baby.
Tim: Nice capture. It does have that "where's my mommy" look.

Thursday's post to my daily blog. From a book party; D700 + 50mm Sigma f1.4 at f 1.4
Woody: How are you feeling about this lens vs. your Nikon 50mm f/1.4 G?

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

This is fantastic. I appreciate the background commentary as well. Did I miss the exif? What was this image created with? Love the grain texture. Thank you for sharing this story.
John: Really appreciate your kind comments. Off hand: d300, zf 35, f=2.8-4;
iso= 1250-1600, jpg. Converted to bw in Alienskin ' Exposure ' set for neopan 1600 ( I think ! ). This is what I would do now.

This is a great photograph :thumbs:
Jorgen: Great to hear from you. Thanks.

rayyan: +1, +1, +1. As everybody said, your last three photos and narrative were great! Please collect a series of these with your narratives and create a Blurb book. It'd be great to see them together. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: I am grateful. I have downloaded the Blurb sw. have not worked it
much but looks excellent for me.

Re: the Sherpa. More power to him. I know what it takes. 7 summits in 42 days is way beyond my abilities or courage. Really a stupendous achievement.

Thank you folks for your encouragement.

rayyan

Tim: Don't know much about owls.

This is a beautiful image which captures the bird's intelligence and beauty.

Thanks for sharing.

m_driscoll

"The Wedding Photographer" The dumpster adds a little realism. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 16-35mm f/4 VR; 35mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; ISO 250

2. D3s; 16-35mm f/4 VR; 35mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; ISO 250

3. D3s; 16-35mm f/4 VR; 35mm; 1/1000s @ f/4; ISO 250