The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd can appreciate this one...

Part of my team's celebration for completing the MC200, a relay run from Madison, Wisconsin to Chicago, IL covering 200 miles.

Legs are tired, but I did some shooting along the way...

I was part of a team of US Marshall's Service agents and US Probation Officers.

rayyan

Part of my team's celebration for completing the MC200, a relay run from Madison, Wisconsin to Chicago, IL covering 200 miles.

Jason: Beautiful shot. Now, what is that drink?:D

Regards.

Lloyd

Sweet!! How many legs each did you run?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Corlan: I keep stopping at the intriguing portrait you made and posted at the top of this page. Kind of gets under your skin (in a good way).

Leif: Thanks! Dry is good when it comes to cameras!

And check this out... Very specific camouflage? Hiding in plain site?

Lloyd

Corlan: I keep stopping at the intriguing portrait you made and posted at the top of this page. Kind of gets under your skin (in a good way).

Leif: Thanks! Dry is good when it comes to cameras!

That's impressive! Well seen, and beautifully captured.

Rayran.. wonderful capture!

Lloyd.. I ran 3.8 (2PM), 7.7 (1AM) and 8.9 (1PM). I think I would have rather run a straight 20, but is was still a great time!

A teammate at 3AM

And I actually passed the camera off for the finishing team pic

I'm second from the right in the back row

Lloyd

Lloyd.. I ran 3.8 (2PM), 7.7 (1AM) and 8.9 (1PM). I think I would have rather run a straight 20, but is was still a great time!

Nice. Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing.

m_driscoll

Still working out the kinks of trying to combine fly fishing and photography. There are all sorts of challenges including overcoming the desire to fish while also wanting to take photos. Not to mention the constant threat of overturning the canoe, water everywhere, DEET covered hands, and the cramped quarters in the canoe. A dry bag helps me feel more secure about the gear, but makes quick access kind of tough.
In any case, a couple from the end of the day as we were leaving the pond after a day of fishing.
...And check this out... Very specific camouflage? Hiding in plain site?
Tim: Two very nice photos. Feels like the end of a good day. I've heard that Maine mosquitos rival Alaska's in size? What are you fishing for in the lake? Also, nice catch with the yellow bug. Do you know what it is? That's three questions? Why did i do that?

Rayyan: Nice image. Actually, more like stunning image. I'm going to have to search out the post where you explained your pp.

Friday's post to my daily blog - from Basil's Bar, Mustique. Usual setup
Woody: Very atmospheric photo.

Nice. Looks like a great time. Thanks for sharing.
Jason: +1. Good work.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

A teammate at 3AM

Jason: Thanks. Congrats to you and your friends.

Brave folks.

Regards.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Tim, this is a great. Good eyes, excellent capture!
Looks somehow unfriendly though, hopefully there's not an indoor similar version.

Jason: impressive team effort. Good job!

Rayyan: with the Venice shot you captured the essence of the old "inner city". Excellent. Can't really based on experience for the Himalayas, but it sure looks striking :bugeyes:

ibcj: clean and good looking classroom. Sounds like a stimulating environnement for learning all kinds of things. Nice textures, too.

Matt: good market shots again. From your previous posts with this kit, i must confess a preference for the results you get outside compared to indoors (limited space? light?). Maybe it's just me... or maybe because the recent street shots are simply awesome.
Btw, today's lunch menu: asparagus, sauce Hollandaise. Hope i won't use the wrong spoon.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Down the canal. A small community of simple people from mixed origins, minding their own business in their tiny, old fashioned homes. Mostly elders, one raising their grandchildren. No sign of the parents. When in need of anything, from garden garlic to some day care, they hail each other. Time pass by as fast as the placid canal stream. And when a ray of sun appears, they gather and talk about simple things. Life is good.
"We don't own a cell phone, so we can't take photos anymore", Louise said. "Often we see people taking photographs of us but they don' t talk with us, they don't even say hello. And then we never see them again".

So i made a couple of series, a brought them some glossy 7" prints. They were happy, we talked a lot. About simple things.
So i came back, and so on. Over time, i guess i became the official -though occasional, and pro bono- photographer there.

Meet some of my friends Louise, Yasmina, Hyacine, André.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
André joined the group, staying a few feet apart. He suffers from a minor but slowly deteriorating form of dementia.
He's Louise husband.

- where were you this morning?
- (no answer)
- (a bit louder) where were you this morning?
- (indistinct muttering)

- did you go to the café and drink wine?
- (immediate answer) No.

- No?
- No.

- ok, show me that 10 euros bill i left on the table stand.
- (no answer)
- Come on, show me.
- (half a step back, mulish stance, empty expression... no answer)

- See? i told you. He's losing his head...

edit: thanks all for your kind words on the last page portrait. As you can see, it was from the same series (not the same shot though).

All with the D3X - 105VR mostly.

Last edited: