The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

I know of a world famous photog. You know of him too. Way, way above my meagre talents. Iconic images . A true master photographer of our age. I admire him. Try to emulate his works.

I have one small advantage over him. My photos might not be as good. But
I can go where he cannot venture. At least not close enough. Even if he tried. I can relate to some people. He can't.

You see for him it shall always be a job. For me, it is a part of my daily life.

Prayer Time.

I have my advantage. Let me see yours. Not the photos. The advantage. Your images will take care of themselves.

rayyan

I would sit looking at the clouds. Sometimes I wished they would visit me.

I knew what I would say to them....

Sometimes the clouds came to visit me. I forgot what I wanted to say.

I became a child. Played with them. Tried to catch them. My eyes were filled
with wonder.

But I was an adult. The wonder went away.

m_driscoll

Corlan: "Coffee, No Grain" is very elegant. I especially like the softness of the coffee cup. The mind tries to make it in-focus, but it stays a slight blur. Very subtle. The "Coffee!" photo has a similar parti. :cool:

Jorgen: Your three beach photos are great. Well seen, all three. "Hot Dogs" can be taken allegorically (any number of ways, these days). Nice tension and abrupt stop. Is the little one really a dog, or an escaped hyena from the zoo? "Small Beach Photo" and "Spectator"...nicely framed and focused. :LOL:

Rayyan: :thumbup::thumbs::D:):salute:
You and Hamza get around. Wonderful narrative. Did you get a first in ancient history? The light in all three photos is great. The second photo is evocative of Greece with the columns and the blue, blue, sky. The light on the Parthenon and the dark background is very dramatic. The industrial buildings in the foreground are unfortunate. Perhaps, the Venetians could destroy them?
I second what Lloyd said, and Steve reiterated: Hamza is fortunate to have you as his grandfather.

Jorgen: The hazy tone in "Low tide", "Beach Solo", and "Blue Boat" create a slightly dreary, not fun, perception. No blue sky or sea. Even the girl doesn't look like she's having fun. Work, day in, day out, in a colorful boat. :thumbs::thumbup:

Oops, just looked at the time. To be finished tomorrow (today actually).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

Rayyan: :thumbup::thumbs::D:):salute:
You and Hamza get around. Wonderful narrative. Did you get a first in ancient history? The light in all three photos is great. The second photo is evocative of Greece with the columns and the blue, blue, sky. The light on the Parthenon and the dark background is very dramatic. The industrial buildings in the foreground are unfortunate. Perhaps, the Venetians could destroy them?
I second what Lloyd said, and Steve reiterated: Hamza is fortunate to have you as his grandfather.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Matt: Thank you so much my friend. I am fortunate to know folks like yourselves too.:salute:

Rayyan, You Continue To Bedazzle Us ! Brilliant Last 3 Images & Narratives!
Steve: I am humbled by your generosity. I really am.:salute:

To both of you..:salute::salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, Osman: thanks! Much appreciated :)

Rayyan: love the contrast in the two switzerland shots, from grandiose to intimate.
Then, the "portrait in white", with a tad of black, is a masterpiece. Both technically and photography wise. There again it would serve well as a rupture in contrast when presenting a collection of your colorful, highly saturated other portraits. Splendid.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Every other Saturday is filing day, at least for a couple of hours...

After reading about the sad news about John Stovall, i reckon the mood is definitely darker than usual.

(from the D700 folders)

Last edited:

Lloyd

After reading about the sad news about John Stovall, i reckon the mood is definitely darker than usual.
Yes, darker for sure. These are really nice, Corlan. And that flower above from near the church buttress is terrific (and apt as well, somehow).

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Yes, darker for sure. These are really nice, Corlan. And that flower above from near the church buttress is terrific (and apt as well, somehow).
Agreed on the last note, Lloyd -even though i unfortunately intended it in a more joyful mood. Thanks.
And indeed a somber day for our small community.

rayyan

Rayyan: love the contrast in the two switzerland shots, from grandiose to intimate.
Then, the "portrait in white", with a tad of black, is a masterpiece. Both technically and photography wise. There again it would serve well as a rupture in contrast when presenting a collection of your colorful, highly saturated other portraits. Splendid.
Corian: Appreciate your kind and generous comments.

(from the D700 folders)

Corian: Simple neat geometrical lines. Simple and elegant light and dark shades of gray. beautifully done.

Very symbolic under the circumstances.

Thanks for sharing.