The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Alex: quite nice. Please show is some more!

Jorgen: excellent! Love the Rain series, my favorite being the "Rain Tyre" :thumbup:

Jason: ha, i knew they carried automatic rifles around in the streets of Chicago!! :D :deadhorse:
Vientiane 21mm shot is very nice also -with a special meaning to me.
edit: "silk" is very organic. Nice.

Steve: succulous bokeh, eerie colors. Again! :thumbs:

Rayyan: this is wonderful, and technically the first portrait is just amazing.
Jacques can stay at home, where he comfortably ignore humanity (and probably despise the difference, or "the advantage"). You don't.
And the same goes for the grandma. "Weaving a story" indeed, to all of us.

Last edited:
mmm... yummy bokeh, Corlan!! Great sharpness as well!

I'm doing a mass edit of my Laos/Cambodia trip back in Feb. Ahh... good times! Thanks for the comments!

rayyan

Rayyan: this is wonderful, and technically the first portrait is just amazing.
Jacques can stay at home, where he comfortably ignore humanity (and probably despise the difference, or "the advantage"). You don't.
And the same goes for the grandma. "Weaving a story" indeed, to all of us.
Corian: Humbled by your kindness sir. :eek:

m_driscoll

Here are a few from this weekend at the race circuit. That seems to be my life for the time being; five days in front of the computer and two at the pit lane.
D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 165mm and f/2.8
There has been a lot of weather in this country. Here's a little portion of it:
S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2
... and some rain.
S5 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2
Jorgen: Excellent work! I esp. like these three. Very subtle color values in the landscape. Bokeh, framing and expressions in the last. The first - :thumbup:. Composition, color and pp all wonderful

Things are getting hazy now. I remember my grandma. I would sit on her lap.
I would ask her to tell me stories. Grandma weave me a story, I would say.
It was a long long time ago. I miss my grandma.
Radiates Love,Compassion,Wisdom,Strife...Rayyan...This Image Is One Of My All Time Favorites From You! We Come Together As A Group Of Friend's With A Strong Mutual Interest To Document Our Journey. Im Fortunate To Be A Part Of This Special, Enlightening & Giving Circle!
Rayyan: +1. Steve said it well! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Sher Khan told me he had four kids back home. The eldest was 14 years.
His father was dead, he was working and sending money home to look after
his mother, 3 sisters and his wife.
We had eaten lunch together. It was a simple affair. Under the date palm to
shade us from the sun and heat. On the floor.
Jacques was not here. But I was much more comfortable. And I ate.
Rayyan: Beautiful, empathetic images. Everybody seems comfortable with you. That's certainly a gift. Similar story here, except they'd be Mexicans. Also, that's a high tech way to separate the "wheat from the chaff"!

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Beautiful image, and an interesting combination of the old and the new. No longer necessary to wait for enough wind to do the threshing. Classic!
Jason, Rayyan, marvelous shots...
Jorgen: Excellent work! I esp. like these three. Very subtle color values in the landscape. Bokeh, framing and expressions in the last. The first - :thumbup:. Composition, color and pp all wonderful

Rayyan: +1. Steve said it well! :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Fabulous Color,Contrast & Human Element Rayyan!

Serene,Peaceful & Beautiful!
Lloyd. Osman, Matt, Steve: You guys are super. Thanks for all the kind words.