The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Alex, thanks. Impressive IQ and details in the train station photos (i should get that body :D :angel:... or maybe learn to take the technique for architecture shots like this :rolleyes:). That said, how did you manage to get a major train station by daylight (or not) without a soul in the frame?? :confused: Layer blending from several takes? Or do you travel with special russian security helpers? :cool: :D
Seriously, it looks incredible...
YES!

Lloyd

Jorgen: very clean images as always!
Corlan: the propeller is perfect!
Rayyan: your photos and stories is just a windows to another world for me!
Steve: Zeiss... those are very good.

And here are some next photos from Barcelona (D3x, 14-24/2.8):

Barcelona Train Station

Catalunya Parliament Building
Amazing set, Alex. Looks like the 14-24/2,8 was a good choice!

rayyan

LOL! You are a character, my friend. (I'm still chuckling to myself over that one.):)
Lloyd: I, my friend, am wishing I was younger!

You Reeled Her Right In With That Line Rayyan! Very "Smooth Operating" My Friend & Well Worth The Reaction!:D
Steve: Yes the reaction was worth it. But I fool myself to this day thinking
it might not have been just a reaction for a tourist. Oh, to feel young once again.

Very true. Also, you might have found the perfect nickname for our friend Rayyan, the "Smooth Operator". :toocool:

And, broken record i know, by many aspects the "Millet and Fan" photo is Nat Geo worthy. Wonderful.
Corain: Thank you Corian for your generous words. Re: the nickname, you make feel like a snake oil peddler :D

Lloyd, you lucky grandpa you! Whew! And what a loving shot...
Rayyan, marvelous photo, probably shot somewhere not far from where I live... You indeed have a way with people.
Osman: Dear friend, but of course it must be near where you live. Where
else would I find such generous and beautiful people.

To all of you, my friends: :salute:

rayyan

A reflective rock....

Afternoon prayers....

Jason: These are excellent. peaceful and serene. The rock and its reflection is just outstanding.:thumbup:

Jorgen: very clean images as always!
Corlan: the propeller is perfect!
Rayyan: your photos and stories is just a windows to another world for me!
Steve: Zeiss... those are very good.

And here are some next photos from Barcelona (D3x, 14-24/2.8):

Barcelona Train Station

Catalunya Parliament Building

Alex: Thank you. Barcelona is a gem of a city. And you have done it justice
How many days did you spend there? I felt that one lifetime was not enough
for this most beautiful of cities.

Regards.

m_driscoll

You Reeled Her Right In With That Line Rayyan! Very "Smooth Operating" My Friend & Well Worth The Reaction!:D
Rayyan: +1. :thumbup:

Alex, thanks. Impressive IQ and details in the train station photos (i should get that body :D :angel:... or maybe learn to take the technique for architecture shots like this :rolleyes:). That said, how did you manage to get a major train station by daylight (or not) without a soul in the frame?? :confused: Layer blending from several takes? Or do you travel with special russian security helpers? :cool: :D
Seriously, it looks incredible...
Alex: Great photos! You, that lens, and that camera are great together. That's a good question of Corlan's. Where were the people?

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, thanks. Not desaturated, but you're right there was an unusual "cool" light temp despite the fact that the sun was relatively low on the horizon. Good eye, as usual...

The cardboard is very nice (with a similar kind of light?). The "reflecting sandwich" is super, and the backround scene is a great moment, and composition in itself. Maybe one day you'll gather all your reflection shots in a gallery... and a exhibition? They'd make a quite nice series.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
AF?

Got AF trouble?

Call 1-800-THEGOOSE

Then, you can be redirected to the ducks department:

ext. m-a-l-l-a-r-d

Be aware though, you won't go unnoticed:

:) :D

all with D3X 105VR
(P.S. for some reason the goose looks sharper before posting. Hmm.)

Last edited:

rayyan

Re: AF?

Got AF trouble?

Call 1-800-THEGOOSE

Then, you can be redirected to the ducks department:

ext. m-a-l-l-a-r-d

Be aware though, you won't go unnoticed:

:) :D

all with D3X 105VR
(P.S. for some reason the goose looks sharper before posting. Hmm.)

Corian: Called 1-800-GOOSE. Reached some asian country, the guy thought
I had gone crazy! I love the last one. beautiful capture and a beautiful
bird.

Regards.

p.s Corian do you sharpen for the screen?