The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Matt, thanks. Not desaturated, but you're right there was an unusual "cool" light temp despite the fact that the sun was relatively low on the horizon. Good eye, as usual...

The cardboard is very nice (with a similar kind of light?). The "reflecting sandwich" is super, and the backround scene is a great moment, and composition in itself. Maybe one day you'll gather all your reflection shots in a gallery... and a exhibition? They'd make a quite nice series.
corlan: Thank you, sir! The light on the cardboard was high and directly behind me (noon maybe). Reflections are fun. I've seen some great ones in this forum (most recently, Rayyan's Tram photo in the digital M thread). It would be interesting to see a collection. I think, i'll create a gallery on my Zenfolio site. Thanks for the idea.

Got AF trouble?
Call 1-800-THEGOOSE
Then, you can be redirected to the ducks department:
ext. m-a-l-l-a-r-d

Be aware though, you won't go unnoticed:

all with D3X 105VR
(P.S. for some reason the goose looks sharper before posting. Hmm.)

Corlan: Waterfowl portraits. Excellent. Shiny (if you've seen Firefly). This one is my favorite. There does seem to be a watchful (alien?) intelligence in this view.

Matt: I like the sandwiches Matt! Now what is the canine doing in the background?
Once again the master of the ' sights, sounds, and foods ' of Seattle does
it beautifully.
Thinking Outside The Box...Excellent!
Yes. Just as he said. :thumbup:
Rayyan/steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you! :D:D:D
Rayyan: It looks like a guide dog?

Lloyd: That is a wonderful wall hanger. I love this one Lloyd.
As to eyesight/brain cells..don't you worry about those my friend. Mimi and the kids compensate many times over!!
Lloyd: +1,2,3. Now, who took the photo and who bought them those shirts - "Granpa's Lil Punkins".:thumbs::thumbup:

Wow!! Gorgeous (and very painterly). These ARE art!!
Switzerland...the way we saw it...
Rayyan: Your wife's photo paintings are very cool!:cool:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Tried to sneak up on this guy...

Went into my world famous superstealth mode...

"Unsuccesful" :deadhorse::

C....Did You Put On Your Big Yellow Tweety Bird Outfit To Get This Look From Your Friend? Strong Contrast,Geometry &" :wtf: Are You Looking At Stare" From Elroy The Winged Wonder!:ROTFL::D

rayyan

...the way we saw it...

They said St. Moritz was very expensive.

So we stayed away from the town, by the lake..

We avoided the crowds and the glitz...did simple things..

We liked it that way.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Cool shot, and stunning processing Corlan!
Corian: Not an easy capture my friend. And as Lloyd said, stunning processing. You did very well here.:thumbup:

Regards.
Duh! That's why they made those $8,000 telephoto lenses :LOL:
C....Did You Put On Your Big Yellow Tweety Bird Outfit To Get This Look From Your Friend? Strong Contrast,Geometry &" :wtf: Are You Looking At Stare" From Elroy The Winged Wonder!:ROTFL::D
Thanks gents. I'm not too good with birds, and they invariably spot me. At least that one let me take a snap, probably out of pity. :)

Matt, i think you're right. But you should know being the one with the 500mm. Definitely helps with bears, and birds.

Steve: i see it's inspiring to conjure up a 6' 250lbs tweety bird... certainly a tad more with the outfit. :rolleyes: :grin:

rayyan

...the way we saw it...

Sometimes we would sit in a park and have our sandwiches...

Other times, we would find a sidewalk place...