The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Another classic, ready for take-off.
Jorgen: Love the classic Beetle shot... and all the other shots from the race, but especially the "Pit Crew", and the "3 Minute" crew!:D Great stuff all around.

Daughter pose at kitchen window - the evening light at mid summer is nice around here.:D
D700, Nikkor 2,5/105 AI at 2,5
Beautiful shot of a beautiful daughter, Leif. I like the smiley one too. :thumbup:

Good Chard this year!
Which apparently makes for good photography too. :salute:

Adding a lil something fruity. Summer's here:
(well, hopefully)
Great stuff, Corlan. I hope you get some summer this year. :thumbup:

Everyone, very good photos has been posted! Love your Switzerland Rayyan, love your sport Jorgen and love macro's and the wall Corlan! Very impressive.

And more photos from Spain:
I agree with you, Alex. And your entire series from Spain is simply amazing. :bugeyes:

Lloyd: Thanks. This morning, I took my eleven extra camera bags down to my camera dealer to sell them (I still have seven). I mentioned that they could apply it to the Nikon 24mm f/1.4 that I was waiting on. He gave furtive looks to the left and right and whispered that he thought one came in! He went in back and came out with it! Said, I could have the lens because i was on the "list". ;) Only one that they've ever seen. Very good timing. Now, there's at least two of us in the country that have one (some guy in Boston?). Cheers, Matt.
Well, you're both doing great work with those new lenses, Matt. Obviously a great investment... and you can always get more bags! (i know I do!):thumbup: (Oh, and nice shots of the cruise ships too! And the Fremont parade... LOVE IT!!)

Yellow...
D3, Zeiss 100 Makro Planar:)
Awesome, Steve... and just making me covet that 100 Makro all the more. Love the glove and the paint cans too.:thumbup:

Lloyd

Corian, this for you my friend....

'An idle invitation (to introspection?)':

Can I get some of that? I could use it about now!
This, and the others, Rayyan, are splendid! You have a gift, my friend, and I'm grateful you've chosen to share with us.

Just catching up. Will submit some of my favorites 1 from each Nikon camera I have owned.
First to last, just goes to show that it's the photographer, and not the camera. Great stuff, Roman. :thumbs:

Hey Everyone!

Had a shoot Friday, then was out of town for personal stuff.

But here's a couple outtakes...

Oh how I love my Zeiss 21 2.8!!!
Certainly lovable in your hands, Jason.

-------
Hope I haven't overlooked anyone. If so, it certainly wasn't intentional. Great stuff!!! I've missed being here!!

E

Eddie

D700 / 14-24 in the rain (Flatiron NY):

and in better conditions with a little PS (Guggenheim Bilbao):

m_driscoll

Impressive, Matt. Especially the way you caught her eye in the second shot.
Osman: Thank you very much! :D

Osman, I Didn't Even Notice Her Eye In That Shot!:eek: :eek::wtf::D
Matt..."Locked & Loaded" Shooting! Well Done! No Really..Well Done!:angel::salute:
Steve: Thanks. I have a disproportionate number of shots where that particular dancer is the only one in focus!

...Well, you're both doing great work with those new lenses, Matt. Obviously a great investment... and you can always get more bags! (i know I do!):thumbup: (Oh, and nice shots of the cruise ships too! And the Fremont parade... LOVE IT!!)...
Lloyd: Thank you! :D Yes bags are easy to get. I'm now trying to figure out if the new 200-400mm would be worth it? I think it's probably the best all around big zoom lens. I can trade mine in, and with some credits for some other stuff recently sold, get one for about $1k additional. Almost a swap (my wife would disagree)! With it, the 300mm f/2.8 and the TC-E20III, I'm probably covered for creatures large and small. I'm not optimistic about a new 700x, anytime soon.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

[
Lloyd: Thank you! :D Yes bags are easy to get. I'm now trying to figure out if the new 200-400mm would be worth it? I think it's probably the best all around big zoom lens. I can trade mine in, and with some credits for some other stuff recently sold, get one for about $1k additional. Almost a swap (my wife would disagree)! With it, the 300mm f/2.8 and the TC-E20III, I'm probably covered for creatures large and small. I'm not optimistic about a new 700x, anytime soon.

Cheers, Matt

I've wondered myself. I used mine (the old version) quite a bit this past weekend, and was once again reminded what a stellar performer really is. I've read what Moose Peterson says about the new one, and it's all good, but it really seems the improvements are incremental. Still, I think if I could get one for very little out-of-pocket, I'd probably go for it.

Lloyd

Lloyd: good to see you back. Hope everything's swell on all fronts. :)
Thanks Corlan. I'm fine. I've just been on the road for the past week, and had very sporatic Internet access. I didn't do a lot of shooting that I'll be sharing here, but maybe a few things... once I get some time to sort them out a little. I will say this, it's nice to be back... and great to see all the good stuff happening here on the Nikon thread!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan. I'm fine. I've just been on the road for the past week, and had very sporatic Internet access. I didn't do a lot of shooting that I'll be sharing here, but maybe a few things... once I get some time to sort them out a little. I will say this, it's nice to be back... and great to see all the good stuff happening here on the Nikon thread!
Glad to know you and your family are fine.
Sure enough, there are some gems in those "few things". :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, looking at your first photo above, first instant thought was "American Beauty". That said, very subtle colors, and a poetic image.

m_driscoll

I've wondered myself. I used mine (the old version) quite a bit this past weekend, and was once again reminded what a stellar performer really is. I've read what Moose Peterson says about the new one, and it's all good, but it really seems the improvements are incremental. Still, I think if I could get one for very little out-of-pocket, I'd probably go for it.
Lloyd: I'll have to read Moose's take. I needed very little encouragement; and, you probably provided it! I'm momentarily out of stuff to sell. I'll have to cough up a little. I'm going for it tomorrow. :scry: :grin:

Matt, more consistent Amazing Work & PP! So Cool!
Matt, looking at your first photo above, first instant thought was "American Beauty". That said, very subtle colors, and a poetic image.
Yup. What he (and Corlan, for that matter) said. :thumbup:
Steve/Corlan/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you! :D

Corlan: Grateful Dead or the movie? I haven't seen the movie; but, i've listened to the album 4,000,000 times!

Cheers, Matt