The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Lloyd: I'll have to read Moose's take. I needed very little encouragement; and, you probably provided it! I'm momentarily out of stuff to sell. I'll have to cough up a little. I'm going for it tomorrow. :scry: :grin:
Well, if it helps you feel even better, I just this morning read what Michael Weber, one of my favorite sports photographers (he's German) said about the new one, and it's ALL good. :D

T

tetsrfun

One for Lloyd's wife...

Joan Benoit Samuelson is in town to run in a local club race on Sat. Last evening she did a "fun run" with some of the boyz. Amazing runner, first Female Olympic Marathon Gold, American Marathon record 2:21:21 in 1985 that held for 18 years, set Am Record for age 50+ Marathon time...

And a spectator... a new "Joanie" perhaps

D300, 70-200 VRII

Last edited:

Lloyd

One for Lloyd's wife...

Joan Benoit Samuelson is in town to run in a local club race on Sat. Last evening she did a "fun run" with some of the boyz. Amazing runner, first Female Olympic Marathon Gold, American Marathon record 2:21:21 in 1985 that held for 18 years, set Am Record for age 50+ Marathon time...

D300, 70-200 VRII
Hey!! Very kewl. My wife is a fan for sure. We spent some time with Joanie in Boston in April when she visited the Elite Athlete Village. Very nice person, and an amazing athlete for sure. (My wife says, "Thank you!" And, "great shots!")

As for the the new "Joanie", beautiful image, great light, and a stunning child. :salute:

m_driscoll

Matt, the green plane works well with the white blue & gray. Nice job with the 70-300vr!
+1 from here. :thumbup:
Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, Thank you! :D

I don't do mornings...
"Sleepless"

Corlan: I'm with you! The strongly silhouetted ground, red blur in the foreground, sun flaring and the dark edges at the horizon line make for a very perfect imperfect picture. Nice capture. :thumbup:

One for Lloyd's wife...
D300, 70-200 VRII
Testrsfun: Nice photos. The young spectator image is excellent.:thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

One for Lloyd's wife...

D300, 70-200 VRII
Nice! She's From Our Neck Of The Woods!

m_driscoll

Some from today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. DS3; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 70mm; 1/1600s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

2. DS3; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 170mm; 1/1000s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

3. DS3; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 70mm; 1/1250s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

4. DS3; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 175mm; 1/250s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

5. DS3; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/800s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
One for Lloyd's wife...

D300, 70-200 VRII
The portrait is adorable :)

(one surprising thing about the first photo: reminded me instantly of shots taken by... Lloyd, with about the same equipment)

Corlan: I'm with you! The strongly silhouetted ground, red blur in the foreground, sun flaring and the dark edges at the horizon line make for a very perfect imperfect picture. Nice capture. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

That's a gorgeous image, Corlan. I'm just the opposite, however... very much a morning person. I'm a total lightweight, and don't do late nights well anymore.
Thanks Matt, Lloyd. Looks a lot like my brain perceived it after driving through the night and arriving at 5 A.M., 3 hours early for a meeting. Wanted to avoid the (insane) rush hour trafic in betwen the two destinations... hmm.

Corlan, Sweet Color,Contrast & Blurrrrr! Is This From Your Peyote Days?!:cool::D
:D

Some from today. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

[/URL]
Nice addition to your previous, still ongoing series. Everytihing seems ready for the 4th over there.

Sounds like you'll end up with several "Public Market" books material: "Around the Market" "Inside the Market" "Everyday life at the Market" "Music at the Market" "People and characters" and so on. Seriously :)

On this specific set -all nice, i like the accordion shot a lot, and the dynamic expressions on the next. What were they singing this time? Not Comfortably Numb, probably ;)

edit: oh i missed the green plane. Nice catch... is it one from Steve's private fleet?