The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan!

And it seems you have a lot to smile about. Congratulations. :thumbup:
Well, i don't usually care much about "things" (and esp. cars) since i'm a grown up (am i? :deadhorse:), but this one kinda fun. That said, we live in a crazy economy: with the company lease plans, fun toys come sometimes much cheaper than their boring counterparts. In this case, same cost, or even a bit less, than a Ford Fiesta :grin:.
Go figure.

m_driscoll

Fantastic set, Lloyd, Mimi stealing the show as usual:)
Lloyd, haven't you heard? One does not take good fireworks photos hand held. It's impossible, impolite and makes your fellow photographers feel inferior :(
Great shots :thumbs:
Lloyd: +1, +1! :salute: Nice fireworks shot and set of photos giving a sense of the event. Great shot of Mimi and your granddaughter. I won't be posting my fireworks shots, because I forgot to check the focus after thinking that i'd set it manually for infinity. They looked good on the LCD? :scry: Cheers, Matt.
Jorgen: And, I did have a tripod, remote release, and all. Should have shot handheld! :cussing::LOL:

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Better to be lucky than good sometimes.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 45mm f5 This is a 3 second exposure, ISO 200, handheld:

The fun part was that this was our granddaughter's first fireworks show. She loved it!

The show before the show (All with the D3, 70-300 VR):

[/QUOTE]

Lloyd....Magnificent! So Adorable!!!

rayyan

What a wonderful treat you folks have lined up in the few days since I last visited.

It will take me some time to go thru them all, but a quick comment:

Steve: The two fingers!! Churchill's of course.

Corian: The Castle/church in the last post.

Lloyd: The fourth of July, and Mimi.

Matt: Lest I forget, The Seattle expert...The guitar player..my my.

All the others which I shall savor in time.

Superb work.:thumbs:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
What a wonderful treat you folks have lined up in the few days since I last visited.

Hi Rayyan. Thanks, hope to see more of you around here soon! :)

shtarka1

Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Tim, Steve, for your kind words. :)

Tim, for sure they knew how to build them sturdy at the time, pretty much with bare hands, a couple of tools and astute brains. Another round one then, couple of hundred miles from there... got targetted and hammered pretty badly over history, but somehow still standing.

C, I believe i dated a girl that lived in that castle...:rolleyes::shocked:...Her name was Rapunzel Schwartz. Took her forever to do her hair :wtf::LOL::ROTFL::grin: Sorry....:eek:! Beautiful framing & tone of a relic that withstood the test of time!

rayyan

Welcome back madam, mr. Rayyan. We got your message from Zurich. How was your flight sir?

We felt right at home.

We have kept your usual room for you madam.

Let me open the balcony door for you sir. We are having beautiful weather lately.

Everything to your liking sir? Perfect, I said. Ayesha, please show John out.

I looked right...

Breathed in the fresh air. Wonderful. Clean. Looked left...

Looked below, brilliant as usual for the umpteenth time we were here..

We were going to have one h*ll of a holiday. But we always do here.

shtarka1

A visit to a local Alpaca breeder's farm today to see a one-day old.

Mom first.

And the newborn.

Tim, these guys are so neat! There's an Alpaca farm on Marthas Vineyard that we go to every summer. They are funny, cute characters! Nice grabs!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
C, I believe i dated a girl that lived in that castle...:rolleyes::shocked:...Her name was Rapunzel Schwartz. Took her forever to do her hair :wtf: :ROTFL::grin: Sorry....! Beautiful framing & tone of a relic that withstood the test of time!
So you 're the Bostonian version of that guy who fell from the window? :bugeyes: "Hairy" fall, wasn't it? :ROTFL: :D

Rayyan: Zurich, Stockholm... life's hard. What else?
Question: when Ayesha walked John to the door, did she expect it was for letting you take pictures in peace?
(sorry, Steve's a bad influence... :eek: ... told you we needed you back :))

m_driscoll

Interesting juxtaposition, Matt.
Lloyd: Just needs a ferry boat, jet airplane and a Starbucks cup! :LOL:

I was planning to buy a D700, but something went wrong, so I bought a nice, second hand D300 instead. Tried it out last week. Nice camera
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 34mm and f/6.3
It can make colour photos also. Pretty advanced, eh?
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/8
Jorgen: Congrats. I think the D300 is a great camera. And, it works pretty well in your hands. I do sometimes miss the crop factor. :thumbup:

Let's say that in addition to 'historical' damages, plus the last WW bombings (roofs...), various guns and methods were used by troops leaving the area about 65 years ago with the intention of leaving very little monuments standing. Hopefully they were in a hurry and did not succeed everywhere (and many buildings proved way sturdier than expected). I've started to document that aspect last year then found it too depressing -hearing all the local stories, too.
("tried a little "rayyan" on them" :ROTFL:)
Corlan: Well, they're still there. My grandfather slogged through that area in 1918 and my father flew over, heading East, in 1943.

A visit to a local Alpaca breeder's farm today to see a one-day old.
Mom first.

And the newborn.
Tim: Very Nice. The newborn's cute, but the mother's portrait is stunningly elegant. You should give her a copy.

Today, new toy. Lotsa fun :eek:
Well, i don't usually care much about "things" (and esp. cars) since i'm a grown up (am i? :deadhorse:), but this one kinda fun. That said, we live in a crazy economy: with the company lease plans, fun toys come sometimes much cheaper than their boring counterparts. In this case, same cost, or even a bit less, than a Ford Fiesta :grin:.
Go figure.
Corlan: Congratulations. You can't always rely on public transport to get from point a to b. Same kind of logic and "grown up" decision, i would have made. Although, I don't think they even sell them in Seattle, anymore. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Congratulations. You can't always rely on public transport to get from point a to b. Same kind of logic and "grown up" decision, i would have made. Although, I don't think they even sell them in Seattle, anymore. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Deep in the country we don't even have public transport (true)... need something for the narrow bumpy roads... :rolleyes:

P.S. 1943 was probably not the best time (strong understatement) for flying over heading east :confused:. Hopefully the story ended well for him.

m_driscoll

Cool perspective & intense contrast Matt!
Steve: Thank you!:D
Welcome back madam, mr. Rayyan. We got your message from Zurich. How was your flight sir?
We felt right at home.
We have kept your usual room for you madam.
Let me open the balcony door for you sir. We are having beautiful weather lately.
Everything to your liking sir? Perfect, I said. Ayesha, please show John out.
I looked right...
Breathed in the fresh air. Wonderful. Clean. Looked left...
Looked below, brilliant as usual for the umpteenth time we were here..
We were going to have one h*ll of a holiday. But we always do here.
Rayyan: Welcome back. Nice views! I'm sure you enjoyed your family's visit. Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Deep in the country we don't even have public transport (true)... need something for the narrow bumpy roads... :rolleyes:
P.S. 1943 was probably not the best time (strong understatement) for flying over heading east :confused:. Hopefully the story ended well for him.
Corlan: Exactly! A very practical decision. ;) It didn't. He (B17, Bombardier) spent the next two years in a Stalag Luft, until Patton rolled in. Although, it could have been worse, and we wouldn't be having this exchange. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayyan: Welcome back. Nice views! I'm sure you enjoyed your family's visit. Cheers, Matt

Matt: Great to be back here.

Rayyan: Zurich, Stockholm... life's hard. What else?
Question: when Ayesha walked John to the door, did she expect it was for letting you take pictures in peace?
(sorry, Steve's a bad influence... :eek: ... told you we needed you back :))
Corian: Ain't it just!:D I carry the luggage, the cameras..she carries the
dirhams!!:mad:

Corian: Did it work? The ' Rayyan ' routine?

You folks are too cool.:salute:

rayyan

Welcome Back Rayyan! Wonderful Set! How Is Hamza?
Steve: Thanks a lot pal. Glad to be back.

Hamza is fine, so is Mariam, so is Rayyan ( grandson ) and his sister Raneem.

So are their parents.

My bedroom, has been taken over. The kids want to be with grandpa. In my
bed, I find ( at the last count ! ), a couple of F-16s, a humongous caterpliiar earth digger with accessories, a few gaming machines, Dora and Diego, Few teddies and puppies.

The youngest ( Raneem ) has taken to my pillow. she drags it everywhere
she goes!!

Ayesha and the others have gone to the other side of the house, leaving me
in charge.

Everyone has a jetlag. I have not slept for 2 nights.

It is wonderful!!:D

rayyan

Ayesha why don't you have coffee while I sort this out. She left.

I leaned forward, very forward, trying to read the acetate nameplate attached
to her chiffon blouse.

Mrs. Sommer, I said, my eyes on the nameplate, fixed. There seems to be a mistake.

I shall put it right sir, she said in a swedish voice. And it is Miss Sommer.

Of course, I said looking up. How very unthoughtful of me. But of course!

The keys you gave for the vehicle, I said. There seems to be some error.

We wanted a small, not flashy wheels to move around, I said. The one you gave us cannot take two, I said.

Impossible sir. It is a brand new fleet from Hertz and takes four.

Would you mind showing me Miss Sommer. Maybe I miss the Swedish way of
doing things, I said expectantly.

Oh! Mr. Rayyan but you are in the wrong alley. She said, laughing.

What could be better Miss Sommer, I said. Us being in the wrong alley!

They shall miss me at the counter, I should be going, No?

No? I said. First show me how to ride twosome on this.