The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

More Cast Iron Maidens at the Pike Place Market. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8; 180mm; 1/160s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8; 135mm; 1/100s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8; 120mm; 1/200s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

4. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/500s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8; 70mm; 1/250s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Fantastic Set!

Lloyd

Matt: I looked to find which one I liked the most. Here is my list: #1, #2, #3,#4 and #5.

Honestly they are excellent. The harmonica player in #3, his gaze..wow.
#1 for the cream. Oh h*ll they are all remarkable Matt.:thumbs:
Yup, that 'bout sums it up. :thumbup:

Lloyd

We walked a lot, like always. Ayesha would wait at a coffee shop till I caught up
with her..panting and puffing!

It reminded me of someone who said that there was no such thing as good light or bad light. There just was light! I found that truth in Stockholm..

A simple restaurant window...

Looking up at the trees at around 1930 hrs ( the clock ! )

It was a carnival of sunlight and wonderful ( for us ) color.
And the "just light" is wonderfully captured!

m_driscoll

Matt: I looked to find which one I liked the most. Here is my list: #1, #2, #3,#4 and #5.
Honestly they are excellent. The harmonica player in #3, his gaze..wow.
#1 for the cream. Oh h*ll they are all remarkable Matt.:thumbs:
Fantastic Set!
Yup, that 'bout sums it up. :thumbup:
Rayyan/Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you very much!

We walked a lot, like always. Ayesha would wait at a coffee shop till I caught up
with her..panting and puffing!
It reminded me of someone who said that there was no such thing as good light or bad light. There just was light! I found that truth in Stockholm..
A simple restaurant window...
Looking up at the trees at around 1930 hrs ( the clock ! )
It was a carnival of sunlight and wonderful ( for us ) color.
Rayyan: Exceptional as usual. I really like the peekaboo framing of this first one. It's a discovery of something that can only be seen from one place.

...Matt, IQ is over the roof esp in #1 and #2. Impressive (seriously). Love the composition, too -and i admit being partial to this kind of framing. Associated to the spot on B&W treatment (anything special?), #2 takes me somewhere. There's an "old Paris" quality to it (in a good way). The others are MD classics :)... :thumbup:.
Corlan: Thank you. Now, i have to remember what i did slightly different with the B&W in #2?

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Matt, IQ is over the roof esp in #1 and #2. Impressive (seriously).
Love the composition, too -and i admit being partial to this kind of framing. Associated to the spot on B&W treatment (anything special?), #2 takes me somewhere. There's an "old Paris" quality to it (in a good way).
The others are MD classics :)
Corlan: I retraced my steps: 1) tweak in Lightroom3; 2) little Nik Define 2.0; 3) Lightzone Tonemapper; 4)Nik Silver Effex Pro, add contrast and structure, select film type, select Toning; 5) LR3, clarity brush, adjust Tone curve; 6) little Nik Sharpner Pro 3.0; 7) output from LR3 as 4-5mb jpeg.
Here's two others with different "tones". Stylin' shoes. The sole flops in one of them. :toocool:

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Rayyan, the two "glasses" shots inside the hotel are very intimate. light in the trees is awesome. You really captured this special northern light, inside and outside... :thumbup:
Corian, thanks.

Elegant & Picturesque!
Steve: Much appreciated.

And the "just light" is wonderfully captured!
Lloyd: Gracias senor.

Very beautiful, Rayyan
Jorgen: Hi. Thank you for stopping by.

Rayyan: Exceptional as usual. I really like the peekaboo framing of this first one. It's a discovery of something that can only be seen from one place.

Cheers, Matt

Matt: As beautiful as Seattle yet different.

Thanks a lot guys. :salute:

shtarka1

Corlan: I retraced my steps: 1) tweak in Lightroom3; 2) little Nik Define 2.0; 3) Lightzone Tonemapper; 4)Nik Silver Effex Pro, add contrast and structure, select film type, select Toning; 5) LR3, clarity brush, adjust Tone curve; 6) little Nik Sharpner Pro 3.0; 7) output from LR3 as 4-5mb jpeg.
Here's two others with different "tones". Stylin' shoes. The sole flops in one of them. :toocool:

Cheers, Matt

Just Plain Ole Awesome!

leif e

No delay!

I just came in from the post office bringing my "new" Fuji S5 Pro - thanks Paul!

This one has had the AA-filter removed and I´m looking very much forward to seeing the effects on image resolution. Here´s the first shot - of my daughter enjoying Nordic summer (also knowing her dad brought strawberries). The old 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor assisted.
leif e

rayyan

Let's just walk, I said. Where are we going? she asked.

Nowhere and everywhere. Wherever the roads and alleys lead us. take it easy.

Where shall we have lunch?

Anywhere we feel like stopping, I said.

rayyan

Re: No delay!

I just came in from the post office bringing my "new" Fuji S5 Pro - thanks Paul!

This one has had the AA-filter removed and I´m looking very much forward to seeing the effects on image resolution. Here´s the first shot - of my daughter enjoying Nordic summer (also knowing her dad brought strawberries). The old 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor assisted.
leif e
Leif: You sir are a lucky man..sir. To have wonderful children and then to
be able to preserve excellent memories.

Congrats on the camera. maybe one day I shall dig up photos of your
wonderful country and our exiting stay there.

Best.

Lloyd

Cheers, Matt

Love the processing here Matt.

Lloyd

Let's just walk, I said. Where are we going? she asked.

Nowhere and everywhere. Wherever the roads and alleys lead us. take it easy.

Where shall we have lunch?

Anywhere we feel like stopping, I said.

Rayyan, these, and your earlier posts of Stockholm are simply amazing. My next door neighbor is from Stockholm, and I'll have to show these to her.

Lloyd

Re: No delay!

Leif: You sir are a lucky man..sir. To have wonderful children and then to
be able to preserve excellent memories.

Congrats on the camera. maybe one day I shall dig up photos of your
wonderful country and our exiting stay there.

Best.
I agree, on both counts. :thumbs: