The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

I sleep early. Get up before dawn. Walk the streets, see the sunrise. These two cafes would open early. 5 minutes stroll from my hotel. very near to the Nobel Museum.

I would have have breakfast here. Always found the cafes busy. Nice owners.
Excellent food. Lovely service. BIG coffee mugs.

shtarka1

I sleep early. Get up before dawn. Walk the streets, see the sunrise. These two cafes would open early. 5 minutes stroll from my hotel. very near to the Nobel Museum.

Gorgeous Color,Composition & Life Portrayed! Frame This One Rayyan!!!

m_driscoll

Just Plain Ole Awesome!
Love the processing here Matt.
Steve/Lloyd: Gentlemen, thank you.

I just came in from the post office bringing my "new" Fuji S5 Pro - thanks Paul!
This one has had the AA-filter removed and I´m looking very much forward to seeing the effects on image resolution. Here´s the first shot - of my daughter enjoying Nordic summer (also knowing her dad brought strawberries). The old 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor assisted.
leif e
Leif: Beautiful portrait. The close framing and angle of viewpoint are great.

I found that broken windows too had a color, a charm that I found bewitching.​

An un- retouched photo ( resized only ).
I love the colors of Stockholm.
Rayyan, these, and your earlier posts of Stockholm are simply amazing. My next door neighbor is from Stockholm, and I'll have to show these to her.
Rayyan: Nothing to add...well, maybe thank you for posting these! :salute: I gave a lecture in Copenhagen ,once; but, I've never been to Sweden or Norway. I 'll use these to entice my wife out of our usual trip to England/Ireland (no immediate plans).

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Somewhere between Raw Corn and the Cast Iron Maidens. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 70mm; 1/800s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/500s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 100mm; 1/800s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

4. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/3200s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

rayyan

Steve: Thank you my friend. We did what you suggested. Turned out
marvellous alone on a white wall.

Rayyan: Nothing to add...well, maybe thank you for posting these! :salute: I gave a lecture in Copenhagen ,once; but, I've never been to Sweden or Norway. I 'll use these to entice my wife out of our usual trip to England/Ireland (no immediate plans).

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Grateful for your kind words. Matt, I assure you you will be like a kid
in a toy store!!!

Regards.

rayyan

Somewhere between Raw Corn and the Cast Iron Maidens. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 70mm; 1/800s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 200mm; 1/500s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII; 100mm; 1/800s @ f/2.8; ISO 200

Matt: Lovely series. I esp. like these three. The first one is a gem. The simple
act of sitting down, talking and the surrounds. Normal. beautiful.

The second capture is captivating. I can think of many things. Let's just enjoy the capture.

The mature couple relaxing by the promenade on a bench. Just what my wife and I would do. Lovely.

Excellent Seattle photography Matt.:salute:

rayyan

From the cafe where we hang out, let's take a walk. Just any direction.

The sunlight hits the dark north european alleys very late in the mornings, if
some sides at all. But this provides the opportunity for contrast lovers like me.

Lovely simple and elegant gallery.I know I should straighten it...but let's leave it as I saw it...

Let's see where the alley would lead. Walk slowly. savor the surrounds. the
happenings. look up, down, left and right...

One is never far from the water in Stockholm. That's a main transport artery
by the waterfront.

Let's just turn..anywhere and see where that leads us...

Like I told you, sunlight sometimes is very late a coming. Even at 1430 hrs.

btw, you want to know about color combinations...just look around you. ( IKEA is next best !!! )

shtarka1

Like the slightly askew framing in the first one. # 2 is Romantically Wonderful in Every Way! # 3 has strong Contrast,Color & Framing! Rayyan....Thanks for Enticing us with your Photography,Travels & Narratives! Great Set!

Lloyd

From the cafe where we hang out, let's take a walk. Just any direction.

The sunlight hits the dark north european alleys very late in the mornings, if
some sides at all. But this provides the opportunity for contrast lovers like me.

Lovely simple and elegant gallery.I know I should straighten it...but let's leave it as I saw it...

Let's see where the alley would lead. Walk slowly. savor the surrounds. the
happenings. look up, down, left and right...

One is never far from the water in Stockholm. That's a main transport artery
by the waterfront.

Let's just turn..anywhere and see where that leads us...

Like I told you, sunlight sometimes is very late a coming. Even at 1430 hrs.

btw, you want to know about color combinations...just look around you. ( IKEA is next best !!! )
This entire series is simply surpassing, Rayyan. Truly. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I know in my case, it's very unlikely I'll ever see most (if any) of the places you've been, so living vicariously is a good substitute.

rayyan

Like the slightly askew framing in the first one. # 2 is Romantically Wonderful in Every Way! # 3 has strong Contrast,Color & Framing! Rayyan....Thanks for Enticing us with your Photography,Travels & Narratives! Great Set!
Steve: Thank you so so much sir.

I agree, Steve. It's like we're traveling with rayyan to all these wonderful places on this planet.
Osman: How you doing dear friend? My apologies for not visiting the L forum
previously. ' Reds ' is marvellous. superbly seen composed and captured.

This entire series is simply surpassing, Rayyan. Truly. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. I know in my case, it's very unlikely I'll ever see most (if any) of the places you've been, so living vicariously is a good substitute.
Lloyd: Your kind words are the encouragement I need to lug my cameras!

Thank you kindly. I had a brief look at the ' abandoned mine ' with the cron 35. Gorgeous documentary Lloyd. Beautiful pictures. I see the ' mines ; thru your lens too!!

One and all thank you.:salute:

rayyan

One of the main criteria for Ayesha and me to select the countries/cities we would like to visit is transport..the ease of it.

The transportation has to be , for us , efficient, convenient, frequent, safe and meet our schedules of sleep and wake hours. And ' relatively cheap ' in keeping with the local prices.We might add to this and Pleasant!!.

This invariably leads us to ' Old Europe ' in the majority of cases.

Car rentals, for us both, should be our choice not a necessity...To Stockholm then...

How would you arrive here? Walk, car, bicycle, subway, ferry? Maybe some
animal transport?

We visited the place above and the following one...

One is the National Museum, the other an exquisite area to walk around.
How would you travel to these places? I shall give how we did it later. Just for fun, how would you do it?

m_driscoll

Matt: Lovely series. I esp. like these three. The first one is a gem. The simple
act of sitting down, talking and the surrounds. Normal. beautiful.
The second capture is captivating. I can think of many things. Let's just enjoy the capture.
The mature couple relaxing by the promenade on a bench. Just what my wife and I would do. Lovely.
Excellent Seattle photography Matt.:salute:
Rayyan: Thank you, my friend! :D

I agree, Steve. It's like we're traveling with rayyan to all these wonderful places on this planet.
Rayyan: +1,+1,+1, what they eloquently said. I hope, you don't think I'm lazy? Im on the Left Coast, so, i always get here last. :thumbs:

Another great series Matt. I especially like this one. Nice moment captured.
Lloyd: Thank you very much! :D

One of the main criteria for Ayesha and me to select the countries/cities we would like to visit is transport..the ease of it.
The transportation has to be , for us , efficient, convenient, frequent, safe and meet our schedules of sleep and wake hours. And ' relatively cheap ' in keeping with the local prices.We might add to this and Pleasant!!.
This invariably leads us to ' Old Europe ' in the majority of cases.
Car rentals, for us both, should be our choice not a necessity...To Stockholm then...
How would you arrive here? Walk, car, bicycle, subway, ferry? Maybe some
animal transport?
We visited the place above and the following one...
One is the National Museum, the other an exquisite area to walk around.
How would you travel to these places? I shall give how we did it later. Just for fun, how would you do it?
rayyan: I like this second photo best. The buildings make more of a backdrop for the boats.

Ease of transportation's an excellent criteria for weighting a travel destination. Europe's much easier to get around then any other continent. Having said that, it's still requires a car to see Tuscany, Wales, Northern, Scotland, any place in Ireland (except Dublin; I destroyed two car mirrors in one trip!). Can't go everywhere in a lifetime (although it appears that you will). I like your style! Cheers, Matt