The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

Yes, you chose the better part, my friend.
Lloyd: Lovely verse Lloyd. Thank you for sharing with us.:salute:

Rayran... about 2km out in the water.

Glad you took your walk and shared!
Jason: Thank you.

Fine job for contrast,color,patterns & composition Rayyan!
Peaceful,contrasty...Beautiful Image Rayyan!!!
Steve::salute::salute:

shtarka1

My company asked where we would like to hold our annual meeting that year.

Our international partners each had a suggestion. Bangkok won out, overwhelmingly!

So while the Dutch, German and English went to the motor track aka Jorgen,
I went my way.

A few from that outing...

They went searching for the D-max sponsors :D, I went for spiritual nourishment. I did have a beautiful guide, though.;)
"Beauty & Spiritual Nourishment" Go Nicely Hand In Hand! Very Well Shot Rayyan!

rayyan

One is never far from stones, wherever one goes. Either they have stories to tell or a fulcrum driving people's faiths.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Our international partners each had a suggestion. Bangkok won out, overwhelmingly!

I went my way.

They went searching for the D-max sponsors :D, I went for spiritual nourishment. I did have a beautiful guide, though.;)
One is never far from stones, wherever one goes. Either they have stories to tell or a fulcrum driving people's faiths.

More masterful shots, Rayyan.
The two above are my favorites. The first one for capturing the timeless serenity of the subject, and the next for theme, colors and composition, with the added mystery of the -somehow unexpected- reflections.

Beautiful, again.​

rayyan

"Beauty & Spiritual Nourishment" Go Nicely Hand In Hand! Very Well Shot Rayyan!
More masterful shots, Rayyan.
The two above are my favorites. The first one for capturing the timeless serenity of the subject, and the next for theme, colors and composition, with the added mystery of the -somehow unexpected- reflections.

Beautiful, again.
Serene is the word that describes these wonderful shots best, Rayyan.
+1, Serene, with many stories to tell.
Steve, Corian, Osman, Lloyd: Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. I am truly grateful.:salute::salute:

m_driscoll

Thanks to all of Jim's new friends. He'd be pleased (I am!).
He was helping while we worked on another friend's gardens today. A sullen, humid, overcast day. There were some bright spots though.
Lot's of yellow...
One thing that's not like the others....

And one very busy Bee.
Tim: These are brilliant!!! I esp. like the way you extended the DOF to pick p the full flower and isolate it from the background. Beautiful framing and color. Great bee. :thumbup: Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

That's ultracool :thumbs: Perfect timing!
Those are fun. Love the one of the feet off the ground... the shadow is really kewl.
+ 1
and also the two little silverqueens and the little yellow shirt fellow watching, priceless :)
Back in town:)
Great stuff guys, still have to explore in-depth the last couple of pages...
And Matt, flowers, parades, children, musicians and glistening instruments... all nice. The pink sweethearts above are so cute. The guitar player series's great, too. Did you Rayyanned her? You're getting better and better at the exercise. :) Funny that Steve (for once? :rolleyes:) focused on the hand... i must admit i could have been enthralled by some other -and more OOF- features. :eek:
(btw, just noticed your answer about the b&w processing (saw player). Not sure i got it right, but the results are, again, extremely good)....
Outstanding, Matt!
Matt: More magic from Seattle. These are awesome my friend. The lighting. The moment. The framing. I adore the first one of the kids, such simplicity and heart warming. The trumpet ( ? ) is one piece of superb photography in its light control and framing, color. :clap::clap:
Jorgen/Lloyd/Steen/Corlan/Steve/Rayyan: Gentlemen, thank you. :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

I went my way.

Rayyan! Rayyan!Rayyan! Another part of the world to explore. We've moved 8,270 km.in a couple of days! The stacked brown flasks is an unique photo: not readily recognizable, elegantly, stacked forms (flasks/lamps?), earthy colors and rich light, interesting detail (carved door frame and inlay detail). I also like the landscape (terraced rice paddies?) and all four of the Bangkok photos. Very attractive and subtle combination of photos in the second to last. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Occasionally I get lost in photoshop. No deep meaning here, just an uninhibited play session. :p
Tim: Now I'm lost! Beautiful textures and color. Subliminal, hypnotic.. I have to go get another coke from the refrigerator. :thumbup:

Another event on Lake Michigan. Crazy weather that day and the light showed it!

Jason: Nice capture. I like the relatively monochromatic and soft tone.:thumbup: Cheers, Matt.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Beautiful Ayuttaya photos Rayyan. It's a lovely place, isn't it?

Jason, I like the city that looks like it's floating on Lake Michigan.

m_driscoll

A few more from the parade. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

3. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 165mm; 1/200s @ f/11; ISO 200

4. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 70mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 200

rayyan

Rayyan! Rayyan!Rayyan! Another part of the world to explore. We've moved 8,270 km.in a couple of days! The stacked brown flasks is an unique photo: not readily recognizable, elegantly, stacked forms (flasks/lamps?), earthy colors and rich light, interesting detail (carved door frame and inlay detail). I also like the landscape (terraced rice paddies?) and all four of the Bangkok photos. Very attractive and subtle combination of photos in the second to last. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Much appreciated sir.:salute:

A few more from the parade. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

2. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 200

Matt: Glorious shots these my friend. More than the parade, I feel the jubilation of the kids and their elders. The first photo epitomizes for me the hopes, dreams and pride of a nation. Much more than a parade, this is what the future believe in.

The other two cement my belief that though the ship might veer off course sometimes; it shall come home...true and straight. The youngsters shall make sure of that. As they did in the past.

That my friend is what your photos of a parade tell me. Besides the obvious
fact that the photog is a good one! :salute::clap::clap:

rayyan

We shall cross a bridge; the past into the present and the future. The serene and the chaotic. Traditional and futuristic. Simple and complicated.

All at the same time....so let's cross the bridge together into a land of contrasts. At times we shall allow our eyes to fool us. As we are strangers in a strange and beautiful land.

Enjoy the quiet. It is there for a purpose. Hear the birds. Train yourself to block out your physical senses and let your spirit take over. Mind over matter.
The land of the Zen and of course the Yen!!

The Land of the Rising Sun, or as Tom Cruise would have you believe , the Land of the Last Samurai.