The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

We shall cross a bridge; the past into the present and the future. The serene and the chaotic. Traditional and futuristic. Simple and complicated.

All at the same time....so let's cross the bridge together into a land of contrasts. At times we shall allow our eyes to fool us. As we are strangers in a strange and beautiful land.

Enjoy the quiet. It is there for a purpose. Hear the birds. Train yourself to block out your physical senses and let your spirit take over. Mind over matter.
The land of the Zen and of course the Yen!!

The Land of the Rising Sun, or as Tom Cruise would have you believe , the Land of the Last Samurai.
Awesome Split Dimensional Work Rayyan! Love em!

m_driscoll

Matt: Much appreciated sir.:salute:
Matt: Glorious shots these my friend. More than the parade, I feel the jubilation of the kids and their elders. The first photo epitomizes for me the hopes, dreams and pride of a nation. Much more than a parade, this is what the future believe in.
The other two cement my belief that though the ship might veer off course sometimes; it shall come home...true and straight. The youngsters shall make sure of that. As they did in the past.
That my friend is what your photos of a parade tell me. Besides the obvious
fact that the photog is a good one! :salute::clap::clap:
Rayyan: Well said, sir! Thank you. We have our problems, but, we have a history of fixing them, and the will and means to do it.:D

We shall cross a bridge; the past into the present and the future. The serene and the chaotic. Traditional and futuristic. Simple and complicated.

All at the same time....so let's cross the bridge together into a land of contrasts. At times we shall allow our eyes to fool us. As we are strangers in a strange and beautiful land.
Enjoy the quiet. It is there for a purpose. Hear the birds. Train yourself to block out your physical senses and let your spirit take over. Mind over matter.

The Land of the Rising Sun, or as Tom Cruise would have you believe , the Land of the Last Samurai.
Rayyan: These are all stunning! The second, if I may make a distinction, is also a stunning artwork. I know photos are art, but not all, are IMHO "artworks". Is the second photo Tokyo, or Osaka? It looks like the culture shock I got going into Namba in Osaka, the first time. The tori and the garden photos are also wonderful. Did you go to Katsura and to Kyoto?

Nice job Matt! Last one is so Sweet!
Steve: Thank you. :D We were walking home and i saw them up the street. They were probably walking back to their car.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

rayyan

There you are Rayyan. What did you and the kids do today? I asked Ayesha.

Don't know about the kids, but I went to Ginza, the Imperial Palace, and that

beautiful Metro station...Shin..something or the other. 4 million people use it daily.

What did you do Rayyan? Nothing, I said. Went to the Shinto Shrine and sat here.

Come near Ayesha. Do you see the water fall on the stone. Close your eyes and hear it. That was a goldfish flapping its tail. Listen to the water. Tune out the din around you. You see that little hut? Would you like a fish to come there? Will it. Can you hear the birds sing. The breeze sing gently?

After a few hours you do not hear, you start to feel..feel nature.

With millions and millions of people around you in Tokyo. This is what I did all day today. Did you see Ginza?

Lloyd

There you are Rayyan. What did you and the kids do today? I asked Ayesha.

Don't know about the kids, but I went to Ginza, the Imperial Palace, and that

beautiful Metro station...Shin..something or the other. 4 million people use it daily.

What did you do Rayyan? Nothing, I said. Went to the Shinto Shrine and sat here.

Come near Ayesha. Do you see the water fall on the stone. Close your eyes and hear it. That was a goldfish flapping its tail. Listen to the water. Tune out the din around you. You see that little hut? Would you like a fish to come there? Will it. Can you hear the birds sing. The breeze sing gently?

After a few hours you do not hear, you start to feel..feel nature.

With millions and millions of people around you in Tokyo. This is what I did all day today. Did you see Ginza?
Yes! Exactly.

Lloyd

This really is magic, my friend.

rayyan

Rayyan: These are all stunning! The second, if I may make a distinction, is also a stunning artwork. I know photos are art, but not all, are IMHO "artworks". Is the second photo Tokyo, or Osaka? It looks like the culture shock I got going into Namba in Osaka, the first time. The tori and the garden photos are also wonderful. Did you go to Katsura and to Kyoto?

Matt: Thank you so much Matt. We went to Tokyo, Hakone, Kyoto, Osaka,
Hokkaido and Hiroshima. It was wonderful The cherry blossoms were just
starting.

Very beautiful, Rayyan :thumbs:
Jorgen: Much appreciated my friend.

Yes! Exactly.
This really is magic, my friend.
Lloyd: :salute:

rayyan

We were like small kids. Awed. Confused. Thrilled.What to see, what to defer.

The kids went their way. Ayesha had her plans. I did my thing. But then we would get together and share our wonder and delight...

We would just loiter together and the rains would come. Everyone rushed to the subway...

The first cherry blossoms had appeared. The parks were full of photographers and painters. Ayesha would sit next to the painters and sometimes try the brushes.

When the rains cleared, we would just gaze around. Simple pleasure for most. A fairyland for us...

shtarka1

We were like small kids. Awed. Confused. Thrilled.What to see, what to defer.

We would just loiter together and the rains would come. Everyone rushed to the subway...

The first cherry blossoms had appeared. The parks were full of photographers and painters. Ayesha would sit next to the painters and sometimes try the brushes.

When the rains cleared, we would just gaze around. Simple pleasure for most. A fairyland for us...

All are wonderful...these 2 are Primo!!!!​

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A few more from the parade. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/160s @ f/10; ISO 200

5. D3s; 70-300mm VRII; 300mm; 1/320s @ f/9; ISO 200

More nice, and fun stuff from the parade, Matt.
Seattle is unfailingly much more colorful through your eyes, and work than in my recollections...

Didn't know either that you were drinking evil sodas over there, thought it was a veggie juice only area. :confused:

Rayyan, the Japan series is awesome. The one just below stands out though.

Intriguing and fascinating collage, Rayyan.
The beholder gets lost in intricate thoughts... which is what actually happens to many a foreign traveler experiencing Tokyo and its sum of contrasts for the first time. Wonderful work.

All are wonderful...these 2 are Primo!!!!
Exactly!

rayyan

I went searching for stones...they had a story to tell. Maybe for another time:

We shall leave Japan with one last thought. The castle walls were being maintained. Big Concrete blocks stored for fixing. A small tree stood way near the castle walls.

One worker refused the blocks to be placed there. He built a small stone fence around the weak tree. Supported it with wood to keep it from falling. Nurtured it and protected it.

It was his tree, his responsibility. The sun cap is his. Proclaims that the tree
is under his care.

Even simple things have a story to tell. How do I know. I asked in sign language and got to know the ' parent' of the tree.

Thank you for being with us.

Lloyd

Rayyan, this is a narrative of the very first class, very touching, the photographs enhance the meaning.
I agree. Would that we all cared for living things in such a way... especially the people we share this earth with. :lecture: