The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

The skies seem clear. The vistas are awesome. The mountain peaks beckon.

Let's set sail and see what lies beyond...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Lately, I've been confined to the garden. Too hot, too much work, no chance to see/photograph humans.

This little Echinacea blossom's petals are curled up into tubes. Not sure if it's from the excessive heat (for Maine anyway) or some other natural attribute of the plant.

OR, maybe it's because they're just opening?

Last edited:

Lloyd

Lately, I've been confined to the garden. Too hot, too much work, no chance to see/photograph humans.

This little Echinacea blossom's petals are curled up into tubes. Not sure if it's from the excessive heat (for Maine anyway) or some other natural attribute of the plant.

Gorgeous image Tim. Don't know why either, but my guess is "just opening".

shtarka1

Breathtaking!!!

Beautiful shot Tim!

rayyan

20 miles & a Smoke!:wtf:

Hand Made In Germany..

D3, 24 1.4:)
The first one is superb in its clarity and the capture of the moment. Brilliant.:thumbs:

The bike shot is way way awesome for its control/limit of focus and lighting.
Glorious shot.:salute:

rayyan

The spell had been cast. The brew had been drunk. The ship veered off course.
The weather descended and cloaked all around us. ' Land Ahoy ' was gratefully
acknowledged and we put to port. It would be sometime before we would raise anchor...if ever!

shtarka1

The spell had been cast. The brew had been drunk. The ship veered off course.
The weather descended and cloaked all around us. ' Land Ahoy ' was gratefully
acknowledged and we put to port. It would be sometime before we would raise anchor...if ever!

Very nice for framing,mood & suspense!:)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
I agree. Would that we all cared for living things in such a way... especially the people we share this earth with. :lecture:
Rayyan: +1!
A mind provoking little story. i see a modern Haïku here.

Rayyan, the mountains shot is awesome indeed. Like a promise to enter another world. Or dimension.

The caravel in the mist is beautiful, calm and myterious. Nicely executed and framed. :thumbup:

Tim: another beauty. Love the colors, the smooth transitions.
Would bet on the heat, too, but no certainty.

20 miles & a Smoke!:wtf:

Hand Made In Germany..

D3, 24 1.4:)
Steve Classic Magic at work. :toocool:
Excellent portrait, and composition on the bike shot. The DOF makes the ZZZipp quite dynamic, in contrats with the "handmade" statement. Quite an interesting close-up use of the 24!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A quiet day by the border...

Border towns often have a special atmosphere. That one was peaceful but quite busy with many tourists enjoying the afternoon sun by the river. Just driving by back from a work trip... stopped by and took a couple of snapshots, from the bridge.

Some rent boats for a stroll down the river:

Then, have a light kiss:

Means of transportation:

Entering the m.driscoll's new project:

(not sure i got the assignment right :confused:... or did i? :D)

A lot of old architecture. For that, sometimes you can just follow the arrow:

In the end though, one has to get back to camp:

It was a nice day :)