The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Hello!
This message comes from Cádiz, allegedly the oldest city of Europe. A fantastic place; like walking in History, surrounded by the nicest people imaginable. I´m off to the beach, but two images before I go: Both withe the modified S5 Pro, one with the AIS 2,5/105 the other with the ancient 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor.

Tomorrow we´re going home again. :mad: And then; the moountains!:D

leif e
Great shots Leif. I LOVE Cádiz!! What an interesting (and old!) city. I spent a lot of time there many years ago. I lived across the bay in El Puerto de Santa Maria for nearly two years. I was stationed at the Naval Base in Rota, and the after I was discharged (from the Marine Corps) stayed in Spain a while, using it for a base for traveling around Europe and North Africa.

J

JohnA_BatonRouge

Thanks, Matt. My grandchildren really enjoy being photographed.
JohnA

rayyan

Rayan: Beautiful, very cold-looking, photo! The colors make me shiver. :thumbup:

Rayyan: Nice narrative and photo. I'll have to see if i can find some dates like that around here.

rayyan: At least you saved money on suntan lotion! In which month did you take this trip? :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt: Yes sir, no suntan lotion. Which month? I shall have too look up the org. Regards.

Very interesting info and image. I LOVE dates... had several just today. I wish we could grow them here...
It's a good thing life in the desert has made you strong so you could with stand (indeed, live through) such horrible treatment! :D
Lloyd: I could send you some dates,. packaged and all. Let me check if there is a stateside vendor which does sell dates from over here!

Shall never forget the horrid treatment. Then Capt. Bly invited us to the
control deck too!!

Sweet,Sad,Cool,Funny...Excellent Rayyan!
Steve: Thanks pal. But all ended well!!:D

J

JohnA_BatonRouge

Thanks, Steve - I greatly admire many of your images.
Regards, John A.

rayyan

I just wanted to keep my name in the hat so, for a change, I'll post a few images of some of the grandchildren - Erin (15), Brynne (12), and Lauren (11) taken recently with my D700 with 85mm f/1.4D (2nd and 3rd photos) and/135mm f/2.0DC (1st photo) lenses.
JohnA
John: Lovely photos of your grandchildren. Beautifully photographed. The
135/2 does not do them justice.:D Thanks for the info there John. Appreciated.

rayyan

Hamza and Rayyan have joined summer camp. Good!!:thumbs: I took to the garden to bring some more dates at the source...

They were all taken a few hours ago. Some became over ripe. Left for the birds. There is a big quantity. We send to our neighbors. They send to us from their date palms.

We keep it for any passerby to taste and take.

Even the untended sidewalk palm is laden with fruit.

We have a cool water dish under the palm, it is full of sparrows and pigeons.
For the shade, for thirst and for their food. As the weather gets hot the birds come
and they have begun to live together. I sit and watch. In the evenings I let
Hamza and Rayyan, fill the water, clean the dish, tidy the area for the next day.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
It is hot here this time of the year. I mean HOT!! and DRY!!

Hamza and Rayyan have gotten to eating dates. The date palm has a special
significance in my country.

The English word ' date' as used for the fruit is a generic term in Arabic. There
are innumerable varieties of dates. each with a different taste and from different regions of my country.

We all eat dates, on its own, with Arabic coffee, with Starbucks...you get the idea.

This morning I took a ladder, and took Hamza and Rayyan to my garden. Put
the ladder against one of our palm trees and snapped a few bunch of dates.

They have been eating it all day...from our garden...

We call this season the ripening of the dates. These are sweet...
Rayyan, they do look tasty.
You're lucky to have so many varieties of dates.

Here it's extremely difficult to find good ones... too bad, love them :(

edit: just noticed the palm tree above... :bugeyes:

I just wanted to keep my name in the hat so, for a change, I'll post a few images of some of the grandchildren - Erin (15), Brynne (12), and Lauren (11) taken recently with my D700 with 85mm f/1.4D (2nd and 3rd photos) and/135mm f/2.0DC (1st photo) lenses.
JohnA
Very nice, and beautiful grandchildren John (but we already knew that from previous postings) :)

Sweet,Sad,Cool,Funny...Excellent Rayyan!
+1
The suite sure looks more cosy than the deck!

Great stuff yet again, Matt. Man, I sure do covet your glass collection. :bugeyes:
You're not alone there. :eek:

(and thanks for the comment)

Last edited:
J

JohnA_BatonRouge

Corlan, Rayyan - thanks for the positive comments on the younger grandkids. Lloyd's pictures of his niece early on were stunners!

m_driscoll

Hello!
This message comes from Cádiz, allegedly the oldest city of Europe. A fantastic place; like walking in History, surrounded by the nicest people imaginable. I´m off to the beach, but two images before I go: Both withe the modified S5 Pro, one with the AIS 2,5/105 the other with the ancient 3,5/55 Micro-Nikkor.
Tomorrow we´re going home again. :mad: And then; the moountains!:D
leif e
leif: Those are both very nice. The architecture, narrow street, and the woman in the foreground in the first is excellent. Looks like a great place to visit. 1104 BC! Pretty darn old. :salute:

Great stuff yet again, Matt. Man, I sure do covet your glass collection. :bugeyes:
Lloyd: Thank you! :D That's my wife (doesn't want her picture taken...ever), who just scored some more Sweet Peas. Just metal and glass. First time on the D3s.

Hamza and Rayyan have joined summer camp. Good!!:thumbs: I took to the garden to bring some more dates at the source...They were all taken a few hours ago. Some became over ripe. Left for the birds. There is a big quantity. We send to our neighbors. They send to us from their date palms. We keep it for any passerby to taste and take.
[/CENTER]
For the shade, for thirst and for their food. As the weather gets hot the birds come and they have begun to live together. I sit and watch. In the evenings I let Hamza and Rayyan, fill the water, clean the dish, tidy the area for the next day.
Rayyan: Awesome. They look like grapes. Too bad some people aren't like the sparrows and pigeons. Nice, that you and Hamza are caring for them. :thumbs:

Here are a couple of shots of grandaughter Alyssa (19) - who wanted some pics for her Facebook. Regards, JohnA
John: Nice. I especially like what you captured in the second one. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Hamza and Rayyan have joined summer camp. Good!!:thumbs: I took to the garden to bring some more dates at the source...

They were all taken a few hours ago. Some became over ripe. Left for the birds. There is a big quantity. We send to our neighbors. They send to us from their date palms.

We keep it for any passerby to taste and take.

For the shade, for thirst and for their food. As the weather gets hot the birds come
and they have begun to live together. I sit and watch. In the evenings I let
Hamza and Rayyan, fill the water, clean the dish, tidy the area for the next day.
Somehow, I'm not at all surprised at all to hear of your kindness to the birds (and the neighbors). And those pictures are wonderful too.

J

JohnA_BatonRouge

Thanks to Steve and LLoyd for the kind comments.

This Nikon forum is probably the most amicable, selfless, and just plain ole' fun assembly of superior Nikon photographers (who just happen to be genuine gentlemen) that I have been associated with. Keep up the good work guys...and we will all continue to benefit from your innovative, creative, and prolific work along with the good feelings that come with the sense of warm comeraderie that you afford one another.
JohnA

David K

Workshop Member
This Nikon forum is probably the most amicable, selfless, and just plain ole' fun assembly of superior Nikon photographers (who just happen to be genuine gentlemen) that I have been associated with. Keep up the good work guys...and we will all continue to benefit from your innovative, creative, and prolific work along with the good feelings that come with the sense of warm comeraderie that you afford one another.
JohnA
Well said... I lurk more than post on this forum but really do enjoy the images and good natured banter. Just got my new 24 1.4 and took it out for a spin this afternoon. Took this shot wide open. BTW, this car is a blast to drive... like a go-kart on steroids :)