The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Wandering around the Pike Place Market after it's closed. Still lots of people. Cheers, Matt

3. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/320s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

The market that never sleeps!! So long as Matt and the 28/1.4 are stalking the town:D

I love this one Matt. A peep into what would be a totally different scene at
another time. I like where you positioned yourself for this shot.:thumbs:

rayyan

Ayesha and me were looking at our photobook on the Cabot Trail and we came
across this one. This was where we had stayed for two nights...

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rayyan, i'm confused: is it a view of the lodging, or a room with a view :confused: :)
Beside that Magritte touch, that's spectacular and you sure had quality time over there.

Do you print your photo books with lighter weight paper? From the photo it appears to be more flexible than what's usually available, and i'd need it sometimes. But that may be just from the photo here.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
The market that never sleeps!! So long as Matt and the 28/1.4 are stalking the town:D

+1.

Like the second one a lot. The way people interact in the composition with actually a variety of individual purposes makes it a classic. Excellent, Matt.

(plus, there's a quite likeable "Steve M.'s" quality to the B&W processing :toocool:
meaning also, this time it seems you decided not to care too much about the details in the shadows, and that suits the photo perfectly)

(oh, and thanks for the kind comment) :)

sesame cake roll...

[/IMG]
I'm not a sesame guy, but that's a very creative close-up.
Well done! :thumbup:

rayyan

Rayyan, i'm confused: is it a view of the lodging, or a room with a view :confused: :)
Beside that Magritte touch, that's spectacular and you sure had quality time over there.

Do you print your photo books with lighter weight paper? From the photo it appears to be more flexible than what's usually available, and i'd need it sometimes. But that may be just from the photo here.
Corlan, this was supposed to be a view of the lodging. I ran it thru an action from somewhere... I print photos at the shop with whatever they have.:eek:

Some are framed and some collect dust!!

Btw, This is the scene from across the lodge..

shtarka1

Wandering around the Pike Place Market after it's closed. Still lots of people. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/8000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/8000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

3. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/320s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

sesame cake roll...

Corlan, this was supposed to be a view of the lodging. I ran it thru an action from somewhere... I print photos at the shop with whatever they have.:eek:

Some are framed and some collect dust!!

Btw, This is the scene from across the lodge..

Gentlemen.....Well Done On All Fronts!

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Thank you! :D I'm thinking that it could have been a little darker.

+1.
Like the second one a lot. The way people interact in the composition with actually a variety of individual purposes makes it a classic. Excellent, Matt.=
(plus, there's a quite likeable "Steve M.'s" quality to the B&W processing :toocool:
meaning also, this time it seems you decided not to care too much about the details in the shadows, and that suits the photo perfectly)
(oh, and thanks for the kind comment) :)...
Corlan: Thank you! :D We have a couple of Pirenesi etchings and William Hogarth's "An Election Entertainment" engravings (no Bruegel's, darn). I'm a big fan of complex images with people interacting and doing their own thing. I did try to pp it like Steve! Must of moved in the right direction. :D

Gentlemen.....Well Done On All Fronts!
Steve: Thank you, sir. :D BTW, what camera/lens did you use to take those incredible Chris Isaak concert shots posted here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17633

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

sesame cake roll...
MHC: Very interesting macro! The textures an layers are very cool. Now, I wondering what other sliced sushi macros would look like. :thumbup:

Ayesha and me were looking at our photobook on the Cabot Trail and we came
across this one. This was where we had stayed for two nights...
Grandpa, why do you take photos of Hamza and not mine?
Here you go baby.
Rayyan: Looks like a cool place to stay. Perched on the side of the hill. :thumbup: Great photo of your granddaughter. Is she from the Canadian or the US branch? :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

"Gum Wall Confessional", "Packing it Up", and "Same Photograph Without the Color". Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/800s @ f/3.5; +2/3 EV; ISO 800

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/8000s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

2. D3s; 28mm f/1.4; 1/320s @ f/1.4; +2/3 EV; ISO 800