The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

...Piranesi? Originals?!!? :shocked:
will you adopt me, Matt? :eek: :ROTFL:
Re the multi interaction part, if you don't know him you might want to have a look into the work of the caricaturist Albert Dubout and especially his street scenes. For some reason -and quite surprisingly- it's not well documented on the internet at all (just some general drawings on google), but his larger street scenes are simply estounding with details (and humor).
Well done on the PP.
(even though your mischievous plot has been exposed :grin:)
On the last set, i'm partial to "Gum Wall Confessional". A good addition to your "reflections" series, with a lot of layers, angles and dimensions. Then it's not before you look closer into the details that you figure out the real (smaller) scale of the composition. Love it :thumbs:
Corlan: Thank you! :D Yeah, originals. We got them a decade ago when I thought we had money. :LOL: I looked of Dubout briefly. Bookmarked for later. Some of his work is exactly what we were talking about.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Rembrandt with a DSLR!
Stunning, seriously :toocool:

( and thanks, as well as Lloyd and Steve :) i love these old, peaceful, and kinda bent places )

m_driscoll

On this one, the white card went back in the trunk.
In order to get it "like i see it", the older, simple recipes were best.
Standard WB, high ISO (1600), low shutter speed (1/30), block you elbows on a solid surface... shoot.

Yes, the camera was perfectly straight, looks like they built it -or it turned- "otherwise". Passed the test of time, though.
On the entrance side, light and resulting colors were drastically different.
Even more of a WB nightmare?
Same setup, though.

On a sidenote, one can't help noticing that the more recent structures apparently needed some kind of support. Matt would easily explain this, but i must admit that looking at the two thin pillars you don't feel 100% confident when passing under the organ mezzanine... :eek: :eek:
Corlan: Nicely done. The color differences are interesting. The plaster in the first photo looks a little too "greek island-like". I wonder when it was done, or, is it original? Seems unusual for a church in NW Europe. I wouldn't go up on that mezzanine. Those posts look like they're to shore it up after they put the organ up there. :lecture:
I's a very intimate space and you've captured it well. The colors and light washing in from the windows makes both photos glow. (insert thumbsup here)

Very nice color,reflections & iq Matt! BTW, the concert shots were with a new P&S, the Samsung TL 500 with a 1.8 lens.
Steve: Thank you! (insert big smile here) I was wondering how you got your D3 in! Great images from that camera at 10-megapixels.

Matt: This is brilliant work with the 28/1.4 The colors. and the framinf in the first two are superlative. I particularly love the rendition of the lamps against the bg. Lovely.
The BW is a gorgeous choice for the store window. Beautifful.
:thumbs:
Rayyan: Thank you, sir! :D

Jorgen: Maybe the photo is old but not the theme!:ROTFL: You have been
playing too much on the beach with wonderful company my friend.
The ' old ' beach photo is excellent for the control of a bright scene. And the sequence speaks wonderfully.:thumbs:
Jorgen: +1. Nice set of photos.

Rayyan: My friend, what the heck is this? St. Nick in the off-season photographed and pp'd very well?

Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Rembrandt with a DSLR!
Stunning, seriously :toocool:

( and thanks, as well as Lloyd and Steve :) i love these old, peaceful, and kinda bent places )
Corlan: :salute:

Magically Astounding!:thumbs:
Steve: Thank you sir. u 2 r :thumbs:

Rayyan: My friend, what the heck is this? St. Nick in the off-season photographed and pp'd very well?

Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Grateful to you sir. The gentleman was making small manuscripts and
hand painting them. Munich.

I guess so;)
Excelent work, Rayyan.
Osman: Thank you kindly.

My friends..:salute:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
While we're talking oldies, and painting like processing...

No Santas handy around here, just some roses in the garden. Pink, and red:

( from the D700 - a couple of PS layers later - and yes, i've probably posted the second one last year :eek: )

m_driscoll

We went for a walk around the neighborhood with my mother today. I took my camera. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/160s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

2. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/200s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

3. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/3200s @ f/3; ISO 800

4. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/4000s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

m_driscoll

Nice series, Woody. This one especially.
Great stuff, Woody.
Love them all, the blue, the golden, and the one in between, quoted just above (probably my fav) :thumbup:
Timeless with perfect crop & pp!
Woody+1, Very Impressive photos. :salute:

While we're talking oldies, and painting like processing...
No Santas handy around here, just some roses in the garden. Pink, and red:
Thats a Beautiful Shot Corlan!
Corlan: +1, Beautiful processing. Definitely painterly. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve, Osman, Matt. :)

Matt the neighborhood shots are rich, i particularly like the first and maybe even more the third one with its intricate lines and shades of light. Very nice.

Btw the second one reminds me of a shot i posted some time ago, though there was a bee obstructing the view ;)