The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Thanks Steve, Osman, Matt. :)

Matt the neighborhood shots are rich, i particularly like the first and maybe even more the third one with its intricate lines and shades of light. Very nice.

Btw the second one reminds me of a shot i posted some time ago, though there was a bee obstructing the view ;)

That is a beauty Corlan (as is the one above). :thumbup::thumbup:

m_driscoll

Matt the neighborhood shots are rich, i particularly like the first and maybe even more the third one with its intricate lines and shades of light. Very nice.
Btw the second one reminds me of a shot i posted some time ago, though there was a bee obstructing the view ;)
Corlan: Thank you! :D Your shot's very similar, except for that pesky bee. :D That third one's interesting. It has no particular subject, or point of focus. Not really "texture", either. It's like a 3-d pinball game with your eye moving from blade to blade.

Stunners Matt. Especially like that first one.
Brotha...Your On Another Stratosphere!!!!
Lloyd/Steve: Gentlemen, thank you! :D:D

Free ice cream at Wrigley Field!
Jason: Nicely done composition and pp! But...soy ice cream?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Here's a few more. They're a lot of nice gardens, right next to the sidewalk, in my neighborhood. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/125s @ f/5.6; ISO 800

2. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/6400s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

3. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/640s @ f/11; ISO 800

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: Thank you! Your shot's very similar, except for that pesky bee. :D That third one's interesting. It has no particular subject, or point of focus. Not really "texture", either. It's like a 3-d pinball game with your eye moving from blade to blade.
Exactly. in this regard it also reminded me of a "green wheat" shot posted a couple of weeks ago (notwithstanding the texture part you've noted), but it didn't want to make too many comparisons of the kind. Nothing ego related though, really, just how the mind works jumping from one concept to a similar one. :)

Jason: Nicely done composition and pp! But...soy ice cream?
+1 on both counts.

And Jason, if not for the modern clothing (and the soy glitch, i guess :D) this could be an magazine/billboard ad from the 50's :)

Here's a few more. They're a lot of nice gardens, right next to the sidewalk, in my neighborhood. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 105mm VR; 1/125s @ f/5.6; ISO 800

Like the guys said... :bugeyes:
This one's fantastic, Matt! :thumbs:

(note: got what looks like a tad of a color cast on my monitor, at least for all the background part. But otoh, it's Sunday morning... :grin: and not enough :sleep006:)

Oh btw: nice lens you're using in those gardens' shots ;)

shtarka1

Thanks Steve, Osman, Matt. :)

Nicely caught C!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
From a civil war reenactment today. I didn't even notice the scratches on her face until I downloaded the image.