The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

Matt: Thank you very much. I hope that you and your mother can continue to walk the neighborhood in good health for a long time to come.
Hamza has not ridden the Eurostar! That's how they are doing it. Vegas...hmm let his parents take care of that;)...disney world; they did it in French!!
Matt, I really appreciate your kind words and the encouragement that you folks bring to the table.:salute:
Rayyan: You're welcome. The Eurostar's great fun. :D He'll love it. I thought of Euro Disney; but, concluded that the French are too 'sophisticated' to have replicas of the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben. :eek:

These last two posts are great. I esp. like the collage character of the second. I'm guessing that you didn't study Art in college, but you're very good. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

black peanuts....

Dinner, in the garden.

(oh, it was casual -nothing special :angel:)
Corlan: Great composition, IQ and PP. Like the way the DOF is handled and the spatial arrangement. The bit of window frame establishes the background as exterior giving an expanded sense of depth. Studied and elegant image. :salute:

D700, Zeiss 100 Makro Planar:)
Steve: Daisies are made to photograph. No other purpose, as near as i can tell. Like them both; but, I'm going with the B& W as my fav. (despite it's violation of my cropping rules!). :clap:

Cheers, Matt

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Rayyan, Steve, Matt. :)

Rayyan, nice sketchy experiment. Interesting way to arrange the pencils and shavings. With a tad more 3D feel, would probably make a good microstock image.

Steve, though i do like unusual crops on daisies :)o), i'm partial here to the color shot where the dark center and tiny, star shaped yellow pistils (?) are just :bugeyes: If cropped further, it could be titled "Yellow Stars on a Black Hole". Well, something like that... :toocool:

shtarka1

Steve, though i do like unusual crops on daisies :)o), i'm partial here to the color shot where the dark center and tiny, star shaped yellow pistils (?) are just :bugeyes: If cropped further, it could be titled "Yellow Stars on a Black Hole". Well, something like that... :toocool:
Excellent idea Corlan! I Shall Crop Further. Please Dont Tell Matt!:) Thanks!

rayyan

Keep the Creativeness Going! Loving it!

Beautiful setting!
Steve: That's it for my little ' creativity '. Thanks for the encouragement.

Rayyan: You're welcome. The Eurostar's great fun. :D He'll love it. I thought of Euro Disney; but, concluded that the French are too 'sophisticated' to have replicas of the Eiffel Tower and Big Ben. :eek:

These last two posts are great. I esp. like the collage character of the second. I'm guessing that you didn't study Art in college, but you're very good. :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: No Art in college or in life. Just Mathematics, in college and in life.
But then again IMHO that is the purest from of Art?

Appreciated Matt, very much.

Rayyan, nice sketchy experiment. Interesting way to arrange the pencils and shavings. With a tad more 3D feel, would probably make a good microstock image.
Corian: Grateful sir. Shall try to play around with it. Thank you.

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan!

Hm actually this was one of my first animal shoots ever:eek: (I started to photograph back in 2008. I'm 19 at the moment;))
OK you just dropped the board average age by a decade :wtf: :deadhorse: :D

Fisrt shoot? So you're very lucky, or quite gifted. I'll opt for the latter :toocool: