The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Another one of my advantages is that I have a small one. People don't feel
threatened by it. Also it forces me to get near. The smaller the better and nearer I say..

I have been happy with mine so far..so have others.
Sometimes I have no choice. I have to use my big hun. I just show it to them so that they can get used to it being there.

Putting the hood on depends on the situation. I personally do not like to hood it. Interferes with the ergonomics, becomes unwieldy. Another variable to contend with.

But does protect the front end from damage and any untoward effects.

It helps if you let them fondle your equipment. Makes it more personal. Of course I use sweet talk all the time...
You're right Rayyan, the ZF 35 is much less "intimi-dating" :)angel:) than their larger counterparts.

Beautiful, beautiful portraits.
I really dig the frist one, in b&w. Such a sharp, witted expression you captured there... :thumbup:

"Mister Magic"...For All The Cool Cats Here...
Absolutely Fantastic, Steve!

Are we talking 'bout the Groverman himself here? :bugeyes:

How the hell did you get this close with your 24?? :confused: :shocked:

Last edited:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: At the moment, I'm partial to the second image. The vectors leading to the castle are stronger; seems more balanced and "complete" as a photo. On my laptop, the road and the wall in the first are very light and don't draw the eye in to a subject. Cool pp! :salute:
Corlan, i prefer the tone, reflection & greater distance to the castle of the 2nd one. Both extremely nice!
Corlan: The ' antique ' treatment goes very well with the subject. I prefer the
second one as that's what castles are in my imagination! Water, bridge, moat. knights, maidens. Your photo conjures up these ideas in my mind. That
is what a photo should do.:thumbs:

As to cleaning your trunk...I hope it was not some outsider!!:eek: If they did u a favor, u owe them thanks. Maybe a dinner with candles and your country
wine. ;)
Thanks a lot my friends for your thoughts.
I'm experimenting here to find the right mood for the area -i"ll definitely go monochrome. The first one's maybe more "lively" and that's why i tried, but i think the three of you are right. I'll submit the second version , with maybe a bit more pop. We'll see what the next shoot will yield, esp lightwise :))

Thanks again.

shtarka1

Steve, this is a beauty.:bugeyes: But unfair to us that can only salivate over the 24/1.4

Enjoy it in good health. The lens has found a worthy owner.:thumbs:
Thank You My Friend!
Absolutely Fantastic, Steve!

Are we talking 'bout the Groverman himself here? :bugeyes:

How the hell did you get this close with your 24?? :confused: :shocked:

Corlan, i wish i could tell you i sang back up for him or was his bodyguard or wrote all of his music but i just shot a pic of my daughters Sax in the front yard & it reminded me of the Grooveman! Thanks Very Much Bro!:)

shtarka1

Woody....My Goodness! You Must Be So Proud! What A Story & What A Talented,Gifted,Beautiful Woman! Maybe We Can Work Some Of Your Photography Onto The Big Screen?! You're A Lucky Man To Have Mariolina Sara Alessandra Barra de Giovanni di Santa Severina Campbell By Your Side! Belissimo!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thank You My Friend!

Corlan, i wish i could tell you i sang back up for him or was his bodyguard or wrote all of his music but i just shot a pic of my daughters Sax in the front yard & it reminded me of the Grooveman! Thanks Very Much Bro!:)
Well i made several mistakes (what a shame for someone who has all the worthy LP from the mid 70's :eek:). First i thought it was the old' 28 1.4 even when writing "24". Not yet accustomed to this new lens existence i guess. Did not look like the faithful Keilwerth either -but who knows on stage? Then of course it would have been from the analog days... even though he left us when we were still in the last century, it's like he was around a couple of years ago. Time goes by way too fast.

Anyways, i still love your photo... and dig the Grover man. :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Woody, Rayyan, such truly wonderful portraits.
Who needs professional models??

Rayyan, looking again: what an priceless photo.

Lloyd

Woody....My Goodness! You Must Be So Proud! What A Story & What A Talented,Gifted,Beautiful Woman! Maybe We Can Work Some Of Your Photography Onto The Big Screen?! You're A Lucky Man To Have Mariolina Sara Alessandra Barra de Giovanni di Santa Severina Campbell By Your Side! Belissimo!
Yes, just as Steve says. You are a fortunate (and clearly wise) man. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Rayyan: This latest shot is really impressive. The color just jumps off the screen. Looks like it could be straight of the pages of National Geographic Magazine.

m_driscoll

Sometimes I have no choice. I have to use my big hun. I just show it to them so that they can get used to it being there.

Putting the hood on depends on the situation. I personally do not like to hood it. Interferes with the ergonomics, becomes unwieldy. Another variable to contend with.

But does protect the front end from damage and any untoward effects.

It helps if you let them fondle your equipment. Makes it more personal. Of course I use sweet talk all the time...

Rayyan: Okee dokee, again. :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Woody: +1, beautiful portrait. Nice article on your wife. Very cool. :thumbup:

Rayyan: Two beautiful images of two different, but both beautiful, people. The contrasts in the images are marked. One shows your love and one your empathy. One a life to live and one lived. Always, illuminating, my friend. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

rayyan

Rayyan: This latest shot is really impressive. The color just jumps off the screen. Looks like it could be straight of the pages of National Geographic Magazine.
Lloyd: :salute:

Rayyan: Okee dokee, again. :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Yep, Yep.

[

Rayyan: Two beautiful images of two different, but both beautiful, people. The contrasts in the images are marked. One shows your love and one your empathy. One a life to live and one lived. Always, illuminating, my friend. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

Matt: Wonderfully said, greatly embarassing me. :eek: But a sincere thanks Matt.:salute: