The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

rayyan

Someone has asked me why I seem to photograph elder ladies? Is it because my ' entourage ' runs away the younger ones?

Of course, that is not correct. I travel alone, always. Except on a mountain climb, for obvious reasons.

I generally prefer the experience of age. But not always.

The vitality, challenge, passion and the inherent curiosity of a young age always entices me....

It is like a breath of fresh air. Refreshing. Yes Sir. A breath of fresh mountain air.

shtarka1

Well i made several mistakes (what a shame for someone who has all the worthy LP from the mid 70's :eek:). First i thought it was the old' 28 1.4 even when writing "24". Not yet accustomed to this new lens existence i guess. Did not look like the faithful Keilwerth either -but who knows on stage? Then of course it would have been from the analog days... even though he left us when we were still in the last century, it's like he was around a couple of years ago. Time goes by way too fast.

Anyways, i still love your photo... and dig the Grover man. :)
Dont lose sleep over it C! I thought "Grooveman" was your nickname for Grover! :D It is going by too fast!

shtarka1

Woody: +1, beautiful portrait. Nice article on your wife. Very cool. :thumbup:

Rayyan: Two beautiful images of two different, but both beautiful, people. The contrasts in the images are marked. One shows your love and one your empathy. One a life to live and one lived. Always, illuminating, my friend. Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Perfectly stated & agree wholeheartedly!

shtarka1

Someone has asked me why I seem to photograph elder ladies? Is it because my ' entourage ' runs away the younger ones?

Of course, that is not correct. I travel alone, always. Except on a mountain climb, for obvious reasons.

The vitality, challenge, passion and the inherent curiosity of a young age always entices me....

It is like a breath of fresh air. Refreshing. Yes Sir. A breath of fresh mountain air.
"It is like a breath of fresh air. Refreshing. Yes Sir. A breath of fresh mountain air." Yes Sir! Lovely!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A well-stickered guitar case. Duct tape, too. Cheers, Matt.
Nice catch, Matt. Reminds me of a manufacturer who used to ship his gear directly in wooden boxes, no cardboard, and was saying that in time with several shippings each one will end up unique with the stickers and patina, and looking "well-travelled". He was right, although i never seen one as weel-stickered as this guitar case...

:thumbup:

As Lloyd said, another set from you which is definitely Nat Geo material.
The one with the elder women and the blue canvas cover is extraordinary. :salute:

Few more from the Saxy Set..

D3, 24 1.4:)
Steve, brilliant series all the way... and by all meanings. :toocool:
Love the intricate textures and DOF, and of course the PP. With the very first photo posted ("Grover"), my fav is probably the last one. Though technically speaking #2 quoted just below is a plain tour de force. :bugeyes:

What was the lighting??

shtarka1

Nice catch, Matt. Reminds me of a manufacturer who used to ship his gear directly in wooden boxes, no cardboard, and was saying that in time with several shippings each one will end up unique with the stickers and patina, and looking "well-travelled". He was right, although i never seen one as weel-stickered as this guitar case...

:thumbup:

The one with the elder women and the blue canvas cover is extraordinary. :salute:

Steve, brilliant series all the way... and by all meanings. :toocool:
Love the intricate textures and DOF, and of course the PP. With the very first photo posted ("Grover"), my fav is probably the last one. Though technically speaking #2 quoted just below is a plain tour de force. :bugeyes:

What was the lighting??
Much appreciated C! Just 7:30 am glow!:)

rayyan

++++++++1x10!
Perfectly stated & agree wholeheartedly!
"It is like a breath of fresh air. Refreshing. Yes Sir. A breath of fresh mountain air." Yes Sir! Lovely!

Steve: A sincere and heartfelt thank you.:salute:

Corlan: greatly appreciated my friend.:salute:

rayyan

Few more from the Saxy Set..

D3, 24 1.4:)
Steve: Gorgeous. Brilliant execution. A lovely display of going in with a lens
and coming out with masterful art.:clap::clap::clap:

p.s difficult for me to choose. the entire set is awesome!

rayyan

I had seen it before.

Another time, in Another country.

Everybody had it associated with something or the other.

But here?

I approached carefully.

Would you like a ride sir?

To where?

Sugar.

Is that a name?

Yes. It is a Bar. We take you there. For free.

Why? Anyway I don't drink.

Well you can order water for you and a drink for your companion.

I looked around. I was alone.

What companion? Besides why can't I drink here with the companion? It seems big enough.

The company is better there.

How about giving me a free ride, I am going half way there...

leif e

I´m just in for a short break in the mountain holidays. A lot of great images has accumulated in here lately! Really! :)

This little mountain flower is so small that really pleasing images as such are almost undoable with all the grass covering and protecting (a flower´s life is hard up there :D ). Anyway; when you´re lucky enough to spot one or more it means the temp is definitely over 10 degrees C, my wife has taught me. Below that, it just covers up, becomes almost invisible and waits for better days.

Fuji S5, Micro-Nikkor 3,5/55

leif e