The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

m_driscoll

I too can see the goose chasing the bear..or the other way around..:D
Matt: This is good event capture. Where are the fireworks?
Rayyan: Thank you! (insert big smile here) The fireworks would be behind where I'm standing to take the photo in about another 1-1/2 hrs. My fireworks photos are in the garbage (apparently focusing is important!) :eek:

Again, Rayyn. A beauty of a beauty!
Rayyan: +1, very nice. :thumbup:

I really like the choice of b/w here. Big crowd! :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thank you, my friend! (insert big smile here)

Love these two, Matt.
Especially the first one, with the very appropriate treatment and framing, you transport us back to the great festivals of the 70's.
Not quite though, sign of modern times is surpinsingly less the clothing (under relatively bad weather?) than how so many people seems looking down. Irony of our consumer communications era?
(though at least in one case it seems to be a good ol' fashionned Scrabble board...)
Well done!
Corlan: Thanks. :D These are the primo seats. The water's just behind me. Those people in front probably got there in the morning. It rained earlier and then nothing but high clouds during the fireworks. The two with the scrabble board look like they're half asleep.

Best 4th July photo I've seen in ages. Good work :thumbup:
Jorgen: Thank you!!! :D:)

Hall of Mirrors today at the State Fair.
Tim: Nice capture in B & W. :thumbup: I haven't been to a State Fair in a while. Actually, I'm not sure that we have one. There's a County Fair, but, it's way too commercial. I bet the Maine state Fair's really cool.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

A couple more in color (since, I don't have any actual fireworks photos). Thanks for looking. Cheers.
Wow. Loving the look of these. :thumbup:

Matt, dude! Washington State Fair?!? "Do the Puyallup." Biggest single event in Washington. (Ok, I think it's officially the "Western Washington State Fair", but I'd say that counts.)

rayyan

A couple more in color (since, I don't have any actual fireworks photos). Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. D3s; 16-35mm f/4 VR; 16mm; 1/40s @ f/4; ISO 500

2. D3s; 16-35mm f/4 VR; 16mm; 1/40s @ f/4; ISO 500

Matt: To me the color version seems to capture more of the feel of the occasion more than the bw version. But that's just me. Well captured.

Best.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Tim: Nice capture in B & W. :thumbup: I haven't been to a State Fair in a while. Actually, I'm not sure that we have one. There's a County Fair, but, it's way too commercial. I bet the Maine state Fair's really cool.

Cheers, Matt
MATT: Thanks for your comment! The State Fairs (several held each year in different parts of the state) have become more like what I think of as carnivals. A bit seedier with a higher proportion of fried dough to 4-H animals than the "country" fairs held later in the Fall. Kids seem to like them, but I find my tolerance for trash gets smaller each year.

Tim: Fun shots from the State Fair. I really like that Hall of Mirrors image.
Thanks Lloyd!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hall of Mirrors today at the State Fair.
Very nice, Tim. Definitely more layers in your image than after the fact ;)

Finally, my starship has come in!
OK, the chariot stopped. Did they let you ride? :)

Matt, was the gathering on the set for Planet of the Apes? :rolleyes:
Still partial to the fabulous previous B&W previously posted (a top keeper in my book), though Rayyan's right, these two might deliver more of the actual feel of the day.

One of my favs from last night.
Lloyd, this is absolutely beautiful.
One thing you couldn't stage was the little girl's look, and you sure got it right. No question they were happy with the shot!

Heritage...
Another interesting experimentation Rayyan.
Like Lloyd, i'm wondering how many bits are involved?