The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Following on the water theme. One from this morning. Sort of the calm before the storm. This is the swim area for this morning's triathlon.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ f8 1/200, ISO 200:

m_driscoll

Matt, thanks for taking the time! The Flume is in Franconia Notch, NH. 3hrs north from my house. Love to fly all the gang in & head up there for a photographer's shmorgasborg!:D
Steve: Thank for the info. I just read that it was discovered in 1808 and that it's natural. Amazingly vertical cut! Also said that State Park was one of the 10 best in the country. It'd be fun.

Following on the water theme. One from this morning. Sort of the calm before the storm. This is the swim area for this morning's triathlon.
Lloyd: Beautiful photo. I know nothing about triathlons; other then the run/bike/swim bit. Also, that Lance is going back to it next year. I'm assuming that Mimi was competing?

a raining day...D80, 35mm f/2

MHC: That's a very cool photo! Nicely seen, captured and pp'd. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

leif e

Back from the mountains, I´m going to bother you with a few clouds and sheep (coming). :D
Fuji S5, 2,5/105 Nikkor ais
leif e

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Few More..

Steve, this one is fantastic!
Really love it... for the exact same reasons as Matt.

Generally speaking i prefer the latter set using the silhouette theme, a less obvious/explanatory form than the photo in the first set (though the light was unique).

Corlan: Why does it give me a nostalgic feeling. I can feel the depth, the vast stretch! The sepia is excellent as is framing.
Thank you kindly, Rayyan.
Nostalgic is exactly how i was feeling when taking the photo. End of a cycle, probably...

Corlan: Thank you. (insert big smile here) The inflatable Statue of Liberty head is always there. I don't know if it's put there by the event organizers , or somebody brings it from home. Everybody in Seattle has one in there basement.
:D

Corlan: You momentarily threw me back. "West" is South of where I am. Then, I realized that you're "West" of Riga. [...]
The light and tonality in this photo's exquisite. It has a timeless quality. (insert thumbs up here)

Cheers, Matt

Thanks a lot for the kind comment :)

But Matt my friend, you might consider reviewing your geography :lecture:
Did not check, but i'll take the risk and bet you're actually a good couple of degrees... south.
You lucky beast -so much sun for free all year round :deadhorse::ROTFL:

(seriously, flat maps are quite misleading... for one i rmeember being flabbergasted a couple of decades ago when i first heard someone argue that NYC and Madrid roughly shared the same latitude :wtf:)

Wonderful, peaceful, and beautifully composed, Lloyd. Really.

Btw isn't it the same place where you took the "famous" race photo published in a magazine without prior consent, posted some time ago?
(it was excellent, too).

a raining day...D80, 35mm f/2

Somehow abstract and sharp at the same time. Great eye. (insert thumbup)

Kind of a flower day for me. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

D3s; 105mm VR; 1/320s @ f/3.2; ISO 800

This is nice Matt (not absolutely sure about the crop, though ;) )
Question: reading ISO800 1/320s... do you use auto-ISO?

Leif, Incredibly Beautiful Composition & Transition Between Mountain & Sky!!! Cant Wait To See More!
+1!!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Sheep AND clouds.:D
leif e
IMHO these are among your very best posted here, Leif.

Scenery, composition and light (not only striking but falling exactly down on the sheep looking at you) makes the first one ("mersau 2") a keeper... no, a poster.

Then the last one ("mersau 1") has a surreal tri-dimensionnality :shocked:
Be kind, tell us there's a lot of selective sharpening...

(oh btw... i want another -working- S5 :angel:)

leif e

Many thanks, guys!
There is, to answer your question Corlan, very little selective sharpening. A little overall and a little selective lightening and contrast manipulation in Silver Efex.
My S5 was modified by the previous owner (the AA filter removed). I find it gives a great resolution boost and files good for BW conversion. The colour files are not very good, though - need some WB adjustment all of them.

For me it works, though, I convert almost everything anyway.

leif e

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Leif, it sure works beautifully in b&w...

(not sure about the whole fuss about removing AA filters on many cameras... exactly for the color rendition reason, whatever we can read here and there.