The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Steve, this one is fantastic!
Really love it... for the exact same reasons as Matt.

Generally speaking i prefer the latter set using the silhouette theme, a less obvious/explanatory form than the photo in the first set (though the light was unique).

T
Thanks Corlan!

shtarka1

IMHO these are among your very best posted here, Leif.

Scenery, composition and light (not only striking but falling exactly down on the sheep looking at you) makes the first one ("mersau 2") a keeper... no, a poster.

(oh btw... i want another -working- S5 :angel:)
Agree!

rayyan

Few More..

:)

Steve, let it rip pal. WOW! Where did you say you went? These are some of the best I have seen from you. Undoubtedly awesome:bugeyes:

I am endeared to #1, #2 and #3.:D

Following on the water theme. One from this morning. Sort of the calm before the storm. This is the swim area for this morning's triathlon.

D3, 28-70/2.8 @ f8 1/200, ISO 200:
Senor, what a wonderful, peaceful place to photograph. And you have done it
magnificently.:thumbs:

I need to go some nice place!!

Lloyd

m_driscoll;235787[ [B said:
Lloyd:[/B] Beautiful family portrait. Well captured. I like the "brightness" in the photo. Nothing's overexposed, but it seems "light". "Future's bright" kind of light (sounds goofy when I write it down). Well composed with the space to right and left. (insert thumbs up here)

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thank you Matt. I think that's a good observation, which I didn't think of a the time, but most appropriate.

a raining day...D80, 35mm f/2

Love this one. :salute:

Lloyd: Beautiful photo. I know nothing about triathlons; other then the run/bike/swim bit. Also, that Lance is going back to it next year. I'm assuming that Mimi was competing?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Yes, Mimi competed. 2nd in her Division, and top 10 overall. She didn't feel like she did very well, but I thought otherwise.

Back from the mountains, I´m going to bother you with a few clouds and sheep (coming). :D
Fuji S5, 2,5/105 Nikkor ais
leif e
Great image Leif... as are the sheep shots. :thumbup:

Peaceful,Serene,Stunning!!!
Thanks cuz.:thumbup:

Splendid Color & IQ & Arrangement Matt!
Yes, exactly!

Wonderful, peaceful, and beautifully composed, Lloyd. Really.

Btw isn't it the same place where you took the "famous" race photo published in a magazine without prior consent, posted some time ago?
(it was excellent, too).
I'm impressed, Corlan. You have a great memory! Yes, same lake, and very near the same place. The prior shot (the one with appeared in the magazine) was taken in June 2007, and the one posted yesterday was taken yesterday morning. Thank you for the kind comments on both. :salute:

Senor, what a wonderful, peaceful place to photograph. And you have done it
magnificently.:thumbs:

I need to go some nice place!!
Thank you Rayyan. Very much appreciated. I hope you do go someplace nice soon... and that you post lots of great images from there. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Mimi "tri-ing" yesterday morning: (Yes, she always smiles like that during a race. I asked her why once, and she said, "It's supposed to be fun, isn't it?" It's kind of become her trademark. During an Ironman event once, a friend told me he'd passed Mimi, and thought she was in trouble. I asked why he thought so, and he said, "she's not smiling.")

About 10 miles into the bike portion:
D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 28mm,1/1600, f7.1. ISO 500

Here at about half way through the 10K run (and very sunburned, she forgot the visor she usually wears):
D3, 70-200/2.8 @ 200mm/f2.8. 1/8000, ISO 200

BTW, it was pretty hot for an early morning event. About 90F (32C) during the run, which at 6000 feet of elevation (~1830 meters), can be brutal.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Cool perspective & contrast on the first one & Mr. Rushdie looks great!
Yup! Impressive portrait, perfect expression :thumbup:

Rayyan: for some reason i can't quote your last post.
Very interesting treatment for a masterful portrait :toocool:

Mimi "tri-ing" yesterday morning: (Yes, she always smiles like that during a race. I asked her why once, and she said, "It's supposed to be fun, isn't it?" It's kind of become her trademark. During an Ironman event once, a friend told me he'd passed Mimi, and thought she was in trouble. I asked why he thought so, and he said, "she's not smiling.")

About 10 miles into the bike portion:

Here at about half way through the 10K run (and very sunburned, she forgot the visor she usually wears):

BTW, it was pretty hot for an early morning event. About 90F (32C) during the run, which at 6000 feet of elevation (~1830 meters), can be brutal.
Sounds pretty brutal indeed... and not only the temperature. :shocked:
Great shots Lloyd (the bike one is terrific), and good story about the smile... what an incredible athlete she is!

Lloyd

and another "white flower" (name? :confused:), with a special unorthodox crop for Matt.
In black, and white:

This is really terrific, Corlan. I like the color one as well, but this is special.

Thanks for the kind words about the shots of Mimi. Much appreciated.

(BTW, are you up late or early?)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
This is really terrific, Corlan. I like the color one as well, but this is special.

Thanks for the kind words about the shots of Mimi. Much appreciated.

(BTW, are you up late or early?)
Thanks, Lloyd.

(up early? :wtf: i'm more the "sleepless" kinda guy -though not in Seattle ;))