The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

shtarka1

Steve, let it rip pal. WOW! Where did you say you went? These are some of the best I have seen from you. Undoubtedly awesome:bugeyes:

I am endeared to #1, #2 and #3.:D
Thank You Rayyan! This portion was in Laconia, New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee.:)

shtarka1

Mimi "tri-ing" yesterday morning: (Yes, she always smiles like that during a race. I asked her why once, and she said, "It's supposed to be fun, isn't it?" It's kind of become her trademark. During an Ironman event once, a friend told me he'd passed Mimi, and thought she was in trouble. I asked why he thought so, and he said, "she's not smiling.")

About 10 miles into the bike portion:
D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 28mm,1/1600, f7.1. ISO 500

Here at about half way through the 10K run (and very sunburned, she forgot the visor she usually wears):
D3, 70-200/2.8 @ 200mm/f2.8. 1/8000, ISO 200

BTW, it was pretty hot for an early morning event. About 90F (32C) during the run, which at 6000 feet of elevation (~1830 meters), can be brutal.
She is Something!!! Superb Shooting Double L!!!

shtarka1

More boring flowers from the garden (yeah, i live an exciting life :D)...

Tropaeolum, in color:

(not really an original view... as i found out when checking the spelling... wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropaeolum :eek:)

and another "white flower" (name? :confused:), with a special unorthodox crop for Matt.
In black, and white:

You've entered another dimension in the color shot! B&W is Perfect in every way! Love them both C! Zeiss?

rayyan

Mimi "tri-ing" yesterday morning: (Yes, she always smiles like that during a race. I asked her why once, and she said, "It's supposed to be fun, isn't it?" It's kind of become her trademark. During an Ironman event once, a friend told me he'd passed Mimi, and thought she was in trouble. I asked why he thought so, and he said, "she's not smiling.")

About 10 miles into the bike portion:
D3, 28-70/2.8 @ 28mm,1/1600, f7.1. ISO 500

Here at about half way through the 10K run (and very sunburned, she forgot the visor she usually wears):
D3, 70-200/2.8 @ 200mm/f2.8. 1/8000, ISO 200

BTW, it was pretty hot for an early morning event. About 90F (32C) during the run, which at 6000 feet of elevation (~1830 meters), can be brutal.
Lloyd: Some race!, some heat!, some height!, some courage!, some photography!; but above all what a Brave woman, one in a million my friend...:thumbs::salute:

leif e

Lief: Beautiful surreal sort of landscape. Not the Norway that I usually envision. It's like Stuart Richardson's images from Iceland in the Analog thread. Great sky. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks Matt!
The comparison to Stuart´s Iceland is actually very good. The conditions out there in the Atlantic are probably quite similar to those in the Norwegian mountains - above the tree limit, that is.

leif e

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Some shots handheld and uncropped. D3s and the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II:

That's a quite impressive series :bugeyes:

The one quoted above sounds like the global celebration upon the return of the Enterprise (or whatever name they gave in the sequels) after saving the universe fom the bad big black hole.

Stunning, really. :thumbs:

Roman: this is quite cool. :toocool:
Makes me want to find a nice creek like this one and quietly enjoy the water. Is it near your place?

Lloyd

Some shots handheld and uncropped. D3s and the 70-200mm f/2.8 VR II:

Great pictures (the entire series). Looks like quite the celebration. BTW, the control of light in the first group, including the one I've quoted, is most impressive. :thumbup: