The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Thanks! Luckily for me, there wasn't much PP at all. I just removed the sensor dust/tar that plastered itself over all 1,200 images from the Baltics. The D700 "auto cleaner" thingy isn't quite up to snuff.

Got lots more that I'll be posting soon!!

Lloyd

Leif: Great stuff, and some nice fish too.
Tim: Stunning shots. Love 'em... and the texture of the old wood and boats as well.
Jorgen: Great to see you posting more here. Amazing shots.
Matt: Fantastic bear shots!
Jason: Wow... just wow.
Rayyan: Lovely warm light. Another magical place.
Woody: Nice b/w. Magic light in that first one.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: There aren't that many 7 Elevens around here! That's The American way; we export our worst bits to the third world (and what used to be the third world). The highway thing is what happened to Los Angeles. The auto and oil industry got PG & E (rail/street cars) shut down to support the automobile culture. In seattle, we're spending billions of dollars to get a transit system that won't be as efficient as the one we had 80-90 years ago. :rolleyes: Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt,
I believe LA was indeed the "success" they were going to copy. They are still building motorways in a desperate attempt to solve the problem, but the City of Bangkok can't take any more cars, and more motorways, while solving some problems, generates even more traffic. Investments in public transport is lagging so far behind that the best solution would probably be to build a new capital and start from scratch. That has been discussed, and sooner or later, it will happen.

There's an interesting (American) story behind Pizza Company. The owner, Bill Heinecke, had the franchise for Pizza Hut in Thailand, starting the first restaurant in 1980. Around ten years ago, when Pizza Hut became greedy and wanted a larger piece of the cake, it took him one month to change all restaurants to Pizza Company. Pizza Hut then had an 80% market share. Now they are fighting for a share of the 30% that is left after Pizza Company's 70%.

Mr. Heinecke, a Thai Citizen since 1991, also owns the franchises for Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen and Burger King through Minor Food Group as well as a few hotels in the region (Four Seasons, Marriott Resort & Spa and Anantara). It's an impressive story, and although they mostly sell junk food (my definition), it's high quality junk. Even I eat at Burger King occasionally, but if you see me at McDonald's, you know the end is near :eek:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Wednesday's post from my daily photo blog.

D700 + 50mm Sigma f1.4 @f1.4. ISO 8000.
Excellent, Woody.
Very clever use of the ambient and "spot" light.

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 80mm and f/2.8

D300 with Nikkor 300mm AF @ f/8

Wow. :shocked:
First one's great, but this one's just stunning, Jorgen.

(don't know how you handled the light here... did you use a fill in?)

An old woodshed door. Wire fence after the rain.
S5, 2,5/105mm ais ISO 100
Quite nice, Leif.
And another proof that Nikon always had a way with their various 105mm lenses.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks Corlan. No fill-in. Just spot metered off the pale blue on the guy's jacket. Rather long exposure, at 1/60s or something, but the camera/lens was on a monopod.