The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Excellent day for a hike. A sweater, some water and dates, D700+ zf 50/2+polarizer, hiking stick.

Fresh, clean, minty mountain air.

p.s now where did I park my car!!!
Perfect shot, perfect place. Never mind the car; they make new ones every second. A scenery like this takes a million years to make.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
A couple of portraits from this week, bot done in dark hotel lobbies.

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 29mm, f/2.8 and ISO1000

D300 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0 and ISO1600

rayyan

A couple of portraits from this week, bot done in dark hotel lobbies.

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 29mm, f/2.8 and ISO1000

Lovely setting and beautiful capture.:thumbs:

A life on water, in the middle of Bangkok.

D300 with 85mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2

Jorgen, these lovely photos are developing into a very intimate and beautiful
but rarely collectively seen groups of life in Bangkok. Excellent.:salute:

jlancasterd

Beauty Contest...?

The Royal Mail issued a new set of stamps yesterday, featuring famous British steam locomotives. They decided to do a publicity shoot incorporating the world's newest steam locomotive (LYD - steamed on 5 August) and the men who built her...

View attachment 34419

I wasn't doing the shoot myself - just taking the opportunity to grab a few shots for the FR Magazine whist chaperoning the pro hired by the GPO.

We were both shooting at the same time, he was using fill-in flash, I wasn't. But I got the benefit of his flash on one shot... How about that for timing! :cool:

View attachment 34420

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Matt,
I believe LA was indeed the "success" they were going to copy. They are still building motorways in a desperate attempt to solve the problem, but the City of Bangkok can't take any more cars, and more motorways, while solving some problems, generates even more traffic. Investments in public transport is lagging so far behind that the best solution would probably be to build a new capital and start from scratch. That has been discussed, and sooner or later, it will happen.

There's an interesting (American) story behind Pizza Company. The owner, Bill Heinecke, had the franchise for Pizza Hut in Thailand, starting the first restaurant in 1980. Around ten years ago, when Pizza Hut became greedy and wanted a larger piece of the cake, it took him one month to change all restaurants to Pizza Company. Pizza Hut then had an 80% market share. Now they are fighting for a share of the 30% that is left after Pizza Company's 70%.

Mr. Heinecke, a Thai Citizen since 1991, also owns the franchises for Swensen's, Sizzler, Dairy Queen and Burger King through Minor Food Group as well as a few hotels in the region (Four Seasons, Marriott Resort & Spa and Anantara). It's an impressive story, and although they mostly sell junk food (my definition), it's high quality junk. Even I eat at Burger King occasionally, but if you see me at McDonald's, you know the end is near :eek:
Jorgen: Thank you for the follow-up. Well, we're all on the same sinking ship. Burma (Myanmar) built a new capital to get away from the people. Probably be attractive to the Thai Government, also. :(

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. Here's another one. Sorry for the cloudy weather, but its monsoon season here.

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/6.3