The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

Jorgen: Great portraits, love the moto shot... very kewl, and the "Pole Position", well, er, yes indeed.
Tim: I'm happy for your dog as well. Nicely captured, btw.
John: That was some great timing. And some very nice, and very interesting shots.
Rayyan: Wonderful light, striking color, and a cute, albeit guilty look.
Hey Tim: "Memories", Hmm... the 60s... yes, I probably should remember them too, but...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Ok, ok... I take the hint. No more revealing outfits. Only serious motorsport shots from now on... and staff members, properly dressed ;)

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.5

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, ok... I take the hint. No more revealing outfits. Only serious motorsport shots from now on... and staff members, properly dressed ;)

Jorgen,
That is way more outfit than my subjects usually wear. :ROTFL:
-bob

shtarka1

Thanks guys. Here's another one. Sorry for the cloudy weather, but its monsoon season here.

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/6.3

Actually, Jorgen. I think it was "No. More revealing outfits!!"
Jorgen...Thank You!;):) Lloyd..:D!

Lloyd

By the way, Jorgen. That's a beautiful image, and a beautiful girl, but I swear she looks like she's 13 years old.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
By the way, Jorgen. That's a beautiful image, and a beautiful girl, but I swear she looks like she's 13 years old.
She's very beautiful, and probably makes good money looking like that, appearing at car races, exhibitions, sales promotions etc. as a "pretty girl" (or "pittie", as they are called here). I've taken photos of her before, but this is the first time I've caught her "off guard". That was a grab shot if there ever was one. Notice the little pink thing in the lower left corner? That's a small electric fan to keep cool, since sweat will make her makeup runny. As for her age, one can never be sure, but she's probably around 20.

m_driscoll

She's very beautiful, and probably makes good money looking like that, appearing at car races, exhibitions, sales promotions etc. as a "pretty girl" (or "pittie", as they are called here). I've taken photos of her before, but this is the first time I've caught her "off guard". That was a grab shot if there ever was one. Notice the little pink thing in the lower left corner? That's a small electric fan to keep cool, since sweat will make her makeup runny. As for her age, one can never be sure, but she's probably around 20.
Jorgen: Good grab! I first though she was a contestant in a teenage beauty pageant with the tiara. They look like that over here (based on TV, not personal experience); 13 going on 20. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

A

Alexander DeVoe

These are from my recent trip to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin. Good "Old Fashioned" Fun... (All with D200)

Adam Crack - Whip Master (50mm f/1.4G, @f/1.8, 1/5000 ISO400)

The Joust (70-300mm VR, f/5.3, 1/320, ISO200)

The Queen (70-300mm VR, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO200)

Vegetable Justice! (70-300mm VR, f/4.8, 1/100, ISO200)

Lloyd

These are from my recent trip to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin. Good "Old Fashioned" Fun... (All with D200)

Adam Crack - Whip Master (50mm f/1.4G, @f/1.8, 1/5000 ISO400)
The Queen (70-300mm VR, f/5.6, 1/500, ISO200)

Great shots. Very interesting Faire. (I always loved the color I got from my D200, and this is a great reminder. Sold mine to my brother, and have often regretted that choice.)

A

Alexander DeVoe

Lloyd and Osman thanks for the kind comments! I'm pretty happy with the D200, and like the look it gets, but I feel like I'm pushing the limits of it. Great cam to shoot and carry though. I'm particularly happy with my 50 f/1.4 though.

The Faire is a blast! The crowd provides some of the best people watching/shooting I've ever seen. I wish I hadn't run out of battery as early as I did. My spare got left in my bedroom after I pulled it off of the charger! (D'oh!). The sheer elaborateness of the costumes that these people put together blows my mind. Pretty fancy stuff.

shtarka1

Looks like President Obama a bit! Very Nice Set Alexander!

A

Alexander DeVoe

Looks like President Obama a bit! Very Nice Set Alexander!
Haha, maybe if Pres Obama were a a bit of a nerd that really loved jousting! :ROTFL: That'd be quite the Presidential hobby: Jousting. Secret Service would have a field day here, with the number of odd looking people toting various swords around.

Thanks for all the compliments, all!

-Alex

Lloyd

These need a little explanation. The guy here is a cousin, a former lead singer in a Ska punk band, who although very politically apathetic, decided he'd had enough of the shenanigans the local school district was pulling, and submitted his candidacy for the School Board. He is very determined to get in and clean house. His wife, a firefighter, was a little hesitant about the idea at first, but is fully on board now. We took these shots for his website and campaign brochures last night. Their 7-week-old daughter hasn't yet expressed an opinion.

D3, 70-200/2.8 VR II @ ISO 800, SB-800 fired remotely via Radio Poppers, and through a shoot through umbrella.

BTW, I live in the same school district, and am also unhappy about what's going on. I did warn him, however, that if he gets elected, and my property taxes go up even higher because of the school district levy, he can expect is face to show up in, shall we say, "embarrassing" places on the web. :D

Last edited: