The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Here, 5 minutes ago. I said: wait, wait, sit completely still... don't do anything. Life is good sometimes, isn't it? :)

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/4.5

m_driscoll

Lloyd: Excellent "campaign" photos! I'd vote for him. Looks like his family's gong to be using the school district for a while. :thumbs:
Bob: Cool photo. Congrats. :salute: She's getting a lot of press today.
Jorgen: Really like the last one. Composition/color/angle - :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Lloyd, as I will never tire of saying; you are a master of portraits. When I look at them, not only I see elegantly and masterfully constructed art objects, but I 'see' how your subjects feel at that particular instant. This, I believe, cannot be achieved by technical and artistic mastery alone, it requires a 'way' of establishing mutual warmth between the subjects and the photographer. Thanks for sharing, my friend.

shtarka1

T
D3, 70-200/2.8 VR II @ ISO 800, SB-800 fired remotely via Radio Poppers, and through a shoot through umbrella.

Lloyd, really wonderful images! Good luck to your Cuz!
here's one than ran today--200-400

Wow! Congrats!!!
Here, 5 minutes ago. I said: wait, wait, sit completely still... don't do anything. Life is good sometimes, isn't it? :)

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 17mm and f/4.5

Fantastic perspective & shot Jorgen!

Lloyd

Lloyd, as I will never tire of saying; you are a master of portraits. When I look at them, not only I see elegantly and masterfully constructed art objects, but I 'see' how your subjects feel at that particular instant. This, I believe, cannot be achieved by technical and artistic mastery alone, it requires a 'way' of establishing mutual warmth between the subjects and the photographer. Thanks for sharing, my friend.
Thank you Osman. Genuinely appreciated.

Lloyd, really wonderful images! Good luck to your Cuz!
Thanks Steve!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks guys. Since we have started the day with a bird's perspective, here's one taken later today.

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/3.2

etrigan63

Took a quick stab today at fashion style lighting during the day. I had attended a lecture the previous night and figured I'd give it a whirl. I shanghai'd my favorite human model and set up in the backyard. Now, I own a pair of el cheapo Savage 150W strobes plus shoot-thru umbrellas. No dishes or softboxes. I could only get one light to fire remotely as the other light is optically slaved and it was too bright to detect the primary unit going off. Also, I added all makeup in post. I used some high fashion images as a guide. That's my excuse for the makeup. I'd like opinions on the shot.

D700
CV 40mm f/2 @ f/22
1/160s
Single strobe + shoot-thru white umbrella @ full power 3/4 rembrandt position on my right (subject's left)
RAW processed in LR3+PSCS5+Topaz Clean3

IMG_20100826_7030-Edit-Edit by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

No actual work was done on the hair, outfits, or anything else. I was just trying to get the "look" seen in some recent ad campaigns.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Thanks guys. Since we have started the day with a bird's perspective, here's one taken later today.
D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 50mm and f/3.2
Jorgen: +1 on the unusual angle. Nice composition, too. :salute:

Took a quick stab today at fashion style lighting during the day. I had attended a lecture the previous night and figured I'd give it a whirl. I shanghai'd my favorite human model and set up in the backyard. Now, I own a pair of el cheapo Savage 150W strobes plus shoot-thru umbrellas. No dishes or softboxes. I could only get one light to fire remotely as the other light is optically slaved and it was too bright to detect the primary unit going off. Also, I added all makeup in post. I used some high fashion images as a guide. That's my excuse for the makeup. I'd like opinions on the shot.

D700
CV 40mm f/2 @ f/22
1/160s
Single strobe + shoot-thru white umbrella @ full power 3/4 rembrandt position on my right (subject's left)
RAW processed in LR3+PSCS5+Topaz Clean3

No actual work was done on the hair, outfits, or anything else. I was just trying to get the "look" seen in some recent ad campaigns.
Carlos: Looks cool! Lighting, coloring, post make up works for me.:thumbup:

Boris...

D700,Zeiss 100 Makro Planar:bugeyes::)
Steve: Just showed it to my wife. She grimaced and backed off (not a big spider fan!). Well done image with great detail, focus and pp. :thumbup:

etrigan63

Thanks guys. The fellow who taught the class billed it as a workshop but it was more of a lecture and he wasn't really prepared for it. This class is part of the Shoot Miami chapter of Meetup.com. The seasoned photogs (I guess that includes me) were able to glean some useful info, but I'm afraid the newer members were a bit lost. As an educator, I have to say he did not make it an easy class. Unlike the fine classes taught by Jack & Guy.