The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow! Woody, I can't decide which one of these spectacular images to like best. Fantastic series! The animals all look healthy and vital, the people happy and interesting. Beautifully done.

LoSenior

Woody, Thanks for taking us on your fantastic adventure.
The pictures of the people and animals are outstanding.

Thanks, Jerry

m_driscoll

Here is the partial EXIF for the 200-400mm VR II lens:
Camera Nikon D3S
Exposure 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture f/4.0
Focal Length 400 mm
Focal Length 403.2 mm
ISO Speed 1600
Exposure Bias -1 EV
Flash No Flash
Hacker: Thanks. I was wondering if it was at the full 400mm.

Looks like everything is working in fine unison Matt! IQ is Excellent! Nice Shooting!
Steve: Thank you my friend. I'll try it with the 200-400 to see if it's a credible (for me, anyway) 800mm lens.

Another critter shot from a visit to the ranch yesterday.

Tim: Nice looking Alpaca portrait! :thumbup:

I'm back from Kenya and Tanzania and catching up on my daily blog postings. I'll post images here without comment as I get them on my website. If you're interested in background or commentary click through to my blog. Most images are with a Nikon D700 + 70 - 200; in many cases I used the 1.7x tele extender. This turned out to be a very flexible combination, and compact as these rigs go. I also used a loaner Canon 50D + 500mm lens.
My new blog header
Woody: Excellent series of photos! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

that 200-400 does a great job..

Great shot Matt. Good to see you posting here again. I've been impressed with the film work you've done lately as well.

For you Stanford fans (from today's game)--they didn't have much trouble with Sac State, but who knows when they start playing conference teams. Btw, go Cal Bears!! (notice background--fans went bye, bye after the first half)

Nice shot Bob (as was the one of Elin) Looking forward to more.

That is some mug. Great shot Tim.

The TC-20E III finally came in. Here's a few random photos. I'm pretty pleased with how it works with this lens. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; 70-200mm VRII w/TC-20E III; 390mm; 1/320s @ f/5.6; -1-1/3 EV; ISO 200

]
Dang it!! This is gonna cost me some money! :eek:

Lloyd

I'm back from Kenya and Tanzania and catching up on my daily blog postings. I'll post images here without comment as I get them on my website. If you're interested in background or commentary click through to my blog. Most images are with a Nikon D700 + 70 - 200; in many cases I used the 1.7x tele extender. This turned out to be a very flexible combination, and compact as these rigs go. I also used a loaner Canon 50D + 500mm lens.

Bush walk

Terrific series Woody. Stunning work. :thumbs:

viablex1

man this is a killer shot excellent shots!!!

thanks Lloyd..

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
What a great collection of wonderful photos from all of you guys this past couple of weeks.
(kinda busy here... work-family-work-family-family-work-work-(nap)-work...)

Trying -hopelessly- to catch up...

These need a little explanation. The guy here is a cousin, a former lead singer in a Ska punk band, who although very politically apathetic, decided he'd had enough of the shenanigans the local school district was pulling, and submitted his candidacy for the School Board. He is very determined to get in and clean house. His wife, a firefighter, was a little hesitant about the idea at first, but is fully on board now. We took these shots for his website and campaign brochures last night. Their 7-week-old daughter hasn't yet expressed an opinion.

D3, 70-200/2.8 VR II @ ISO 800, SB-800 fired remotely via Radio Poppers, and through a shoot through umbrella.

BTW, I live in the same school district, and am also unhappy about what's going on. I did warn him, however, that if he gets elected, and my property taxes go up even higher because of the school district levy, he can expect is face to show up in, shall we say, "embarrassing" places on the web.
Thanks to you Lloyd, maybe a bright future for a former "no future" believer? :toocool:

Great lighting!

Boris...

D700,Zeiss 100 Makro Planar:)
You did it again, Steve. The subtle neutral areas transition and strong darks processing is inimitable. And the macro effort is Superb! :salute:

D300 with 80-200 AF-S @ 135mm and f/3.2

Thank you all for your kind words. New races day today. Zillions of photos, and I have no idea where to start.

All the race shots series' just great.
The light in the two above in plain fantastic -and not just the light. :thumbs:

Steve: That's the idea! Here's a couple of more "kites". a bit "lighter" Cheers, Matt.

2. D3s; 70-300mm VR; 116mm; 1/5000s @ f/4.8; -1-1/3 EV; ISO 200

OK Mr MAgriTTe.
That's decisive moment and momentum. Sensational!

(upon first browsing the page all the images were loading and flashing quickly but then already knew it was one of yours)

Like the darker mood of the industrial shots, too.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Here's a few more squashed "dark" ones, one light one, and one of the previous B&W's in color. First three pp'd over the top (or OK)? Cheers, Matt

1. D3s; 70-300mm VR; 70mm; 1/5000s @ f/4.5; -1-1/3 EV; ISO 200

[/B]

:bugeyes:
Wow, definitely Hollywood WWII atmosphere.
With a touch of modernity... next Steven Spielberg movie?
Superb!!

(though not unlike Tim the whole series (and in fact most of your recent photos Matt) look darker, and for sure more than they usually do. Did you recently change your monitor or computer used for processing Matt? :lecture: Just wondering...)

This is just great, Matt. Really.

And the same goes for the fotoman work in the analog section.

Trying out the new AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II:

Truly wonderful portrait, by all means.
And this combo sure have some serious potential. :shocked:

Maria makes a friend

Woody, all has been said above. What a terrific set you have here.
Definitely impressive, and inspiring.

After some thinking, i opted to quote the shot one above, for the sheer fun of the moment.

Love this, Tim.
Another of your instant classics! :thumbup: