The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Been away for a few days, upcountry to enjoy the farmers' lifestyle. Took a couple of photos too. Here's one from yesterday afternoon.

D300 with 70-300 ED @ 190mm and f/5.6

m_driscoll

I swapped a few things this afternoon. A few quick snaps with the new acquisition (damn you Steve!:p ). Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/2500s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

2. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

3. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

4. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/5000s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Matt and Viablex: Widely divergent subjects, equally masterful execution!
Osman: Thank you! :D

nikon 14-24 and the D700 the low light monster..thanks for the compliments!!
Matt: Terrific combination in your hands.

Istanbul is a city of cats, ladies and gentlemen. On every street (bowing to the great Mark Knopfler, btw) you can meet the omnipresent feline, minding his or her own business, or just relaxing. They have a great capacity for the latter; they can relax everywhere. And they have a stare that makes you feel you are an intruder in their otherwise peaceful universe. Who knows, they maybe right...

Trying to concentrate on people awaiting their train, they stole the show and I ended with more cats on my hand than I knew what to do with.

D700 with 135/2.0.

Oh, and the occasional cormorant:
Osman: Nice! :thumbup: I'll have to show my wife. They appear to have struck a treaty with the birds. The composition with the train rolling in is great.

Matt: This is beautiful too! Your pp has a very rich, but natural, quality. :thumbup:

Been away for a few days, upcountry to enjoy the farmers' lifestyle. Took a couple of photos too. Here's one from yesterday afternoon.
D300 with 70-300 ED @ 190mm and f/5.6
Jorgen: Excellent framing,light and tone. You can feel the sun and the length of the "road ahead". No end in sight. The position of the feet and the long shadow are cool. You can almost see that left foot move forward for the next step. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Jorgen: Excellent framing,light and tone. You can feel the sun and the length of the "road ahead". No end in sight. The position of the feet and the long shadow are cool. You can almost see that left foot move forward for the next step. :thumbup:

Cheers, Matt

Thanks Matt and others.

Matt, I absolutely lover your number 1/3. If they had been dog owners (preferably those white ones with black spots), and this had been a Disney cartoon from the sixties, they would have been married before the end of your memory card :)

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
[..]
"they would have been married before the end of your memory card" :)
Had to quote this :toocool:

Excellent candids, Matt. :thumbup:
Love the new Market sign shot, too. One of your best angles.

Jorgen: Road Ahead souds like a serious walk. Beautifully composed and captured.

viablex: nice stairs, nice lens!

Osman: interesting cats, both photos and description/discussion. They definitely seem more nonchalant than in many other places.

shtarka1

I swapped a few things this afternoon. A few quick snaps with the new acquisition (damn you Steve!:p ). Cheers, Matt.

1. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/2500s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

2. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

3. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

4. D3s; AF-S 85mm f/1.4G; 1/5000s @ f/1.4; ISO 400

Matt...I Would Have Bet A Kidney...;):D! Congrats & Enjoy! This Is An Amazing Piece Of Glass!

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt and others.
Matt, I absolutely lover your number 1/3. If they had been dog owners (preferably those white ones with black spots), and this had been a Disney cartoon from the sixties, they would have been married before the end of your memory card :)
Jorgen: Thank you! :D This is the beginning of the movie where she backs up and bumps into him. If they had dogs, the leashes would get tangled. They instantly hate each other, but by the end of the movie, they're married. Alas, they just went their separate ways. When you brought up Disney, I thought of Cary Grant and ?.

Very nice. Love this (and Jorgen's take on the scene). As for the lens et tu brute? :D
Lloyd: Thanks. :D I hated to part with the old one, but oh well. They got the lens in (not very many have shown up) with my name on it. I didn't want to disappoint them. This lens has a nice feel to it, also.

Matt...I Would Have Bet A Kidney...;):D! Congrats & Enjoy! This Is An Amazing Piece Of Glass!
Steve: That would have been a safe bet, and besides, you have two of them. :LOL:

Had to quote this :toocool:
Excellent candids, Matt. :thumbup:
Love the new Market sign shot, too. One of your best angles...
Corlan: Thank you, sir. It was behind me during lunch, and then someone pointed out that they'd just finished painting the clock face. So...

Cheers, Matt