The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

otumay

Carlos, very nice night shot with that Zeiss glass!

Steve, unbelievably stunning b+w shots. Very keen and artful results. Wow!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

D700, 85G 1.4

Steve, this is an unbelievable shot.
Spectacular, intriguing, fascinating, superbly executed. Difficult to put words on... as it goes with the truly exsceptional photos.
This is definitely one your best (and this means a lot).

The whole series' great btw. The portrait (#4) testifies a great deal about the lens performance :bugeyes:, along with an interesting background composition and bokeh.

Won't comment the self portrait... well, Lloyd said it all. :shocked:
IMHO, a very cool, dynamic complement to the -previously posted- still one from the furniture shop series.

Really: great work.

Greetings folks. Been busy with work nearly night and day (that's a very good thing... whew!) but took a couple hours off today an attended a nearby Fair. Here are some of the pretty things that I saw.

This Spruce log was hand hewn and then chiseled for assembly. Not a power tool in sight.

The guy doing all the hard work used this to get home.

[...]
Tim, like all four of them but this one's special. Obviously you had good light, but i'm wondering what kind of processing is involved here.
Beautiful colors, and result. :thumbup:

Carlos: fine downtown Miami night shot. Not the usual angle (maybe because it's not Miami after all :D), good use of the Zeiss wide!

Matt: another winner in your market series collection. i'll opt for the B&W, too :)

Last edited:

shtarka1

Steve, this is an unbelievable shot.
Spectacular, intriguing, fascinating, superbly executed. Difficult to put words on... as it goes with the truly exsceptional photos.
This is definitely one your best (and this means a lot).

The whole series' great btw. The portrait (#4) testifies a great deal about the lens performance :bugeyes:, along with an interesting background composition and bokeh.

Won't comment the self portrait... well, Lloyd said it all. :shocked:
IMHO, a very cool, dynamic complement to the -previously posted- still one from the furniture shop series.

Really: great work.

Thank You Very Much Corlan! Means A Lot!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Overlooked the Westin shot the first time over. I know it's a theme close to your heart, and it's great too. Elegant and sad altogether.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Matt, Lloyd, Corlan, Shtarka: Thanks for your encouraging words. Just trying to keep with all of you masters. Great stuff throughout this thread. Makes me proud to be among ye.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Large groups of birds lately. Not today, at dusk after the storm, barn roof was -almost- empty.

"Lone pigeon"

(no processing, no sharpen, no B&W conversion - just RAW +1/3EV, a tad of level)

shtarka1

Large groups of birds lately. Not today, at dusk after the storm, barn roof was -almost- empty.

"Lone pigeon"

(no processing, no sharpen, no B&W conversion - just RAW +1/3EV, a tad of level)
For some reason im reminded of Hitchcock's The Birds Classic! This also has a menacing, Charleton Heston "Omega Man" Spooky, last man on the planet waiting to be devoured by the evil Crow feel to it! Very Cool Mood Shot Corlan! Im Creeped Out as you can tell!:cry::D

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I swear i saw this guy holding 2 large stone tablets with writing on them somewhere..:rolleyes:

D700, 85G:)
Wicked nice shot. He wasn't real sure what to make of you, and if he did have the tablets, I'll bet he forgot where he put 'em. Of course who knows, He could be the head of the Astrophysics dept. at Harvard.