The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Matt, nice warm tones, and light.
Contrast transitions seem to be well controlled for a super fast aperture, out of the box. So are the HL (except maybe for the reflections in the foreground, but this can't probably be tamed out of PP anyway)

"Office deck" by the water? Sounds like another s**tty day at work! :D

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Did not shoot much in August -lotsa things to do and attend to. One afternoon though, after two appointments on the road i decided to take a break from the frenze and pay a visit to a cathedral not far from there (first image from that day was posted page 58 of this thread). Just had the body and 105 VR in the car, changing light, so maybe not the best kit for a monument but well, why not give it a try.

Got a lot of shots from that hour (exactly 80 minutes from the EXIFS, minus a 15 minutes soda break on a cafe terrace, not shooting) by the cathedral square, and a whole story developping. More on that later.

What made me think again about those pictures was Steve's recent remark about "the most exotic squirrel" routine. Hey, don't we all get busted in that exercice.
In that particular case, after a first series outside, some inside the chruch, and soda break over, the sun hid behind the clouds and i sat on some stairs for a few minutes. Took a few candids, nobody noticing, until...

"Made"

"Hey, this guy is taking our photo" he said, quite loud in my direction.
"Me ? nooo..."

"But if you want, i can."
"Free of charge?"
"Yes. And, you'll get prints"

He yelled towards a small group of young fellows "Guys, this guy will take our picture. And, we'll all get free prints"
So be it.

Got many shots from all of them, they turned out to be great company and outstanding improvised models.
I'll post more from each of them, but for now, let's get back to our original subject.

Meet youg Kevin C.

Wait... let me think. Maybe it's Brad P. ?

Or... well, i don't know...

That's when i heard a deep voice behind me muttering something about "2:35". Turned my head and saw a larger-than-life gentleman with a beard, and a full set of Panavision equipement nearby.
Though intimidated, i asked "I'm confused, this guy looks like an actor, but not sure who he is". He grumbled "Name's Clint, pensano".

Hey, thanks for the tip, Mr Leone.
Get closer. Clic.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Some BW and little bit of glamour treatment later, got another print version -and his favourite.

It was a nice day... (with more images to come)

m_driscoll

Matt, intense color,nice framing & view & excellent "G" force!:)
Steve: Thanks. :D It's not a "pro" lens, but, it has some possibilities. I found this yesterday: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/28-300mm.htm

Matt, nice warm tones, and light.
Contrast transitions seem to be well controlled for a super fast aperture, out of the box. So are the HL (except maybe for the reflections in the foreground, but this can't probably be tamed out of PP anyway)

"Office deck" by the water? Sounds like another s**tty day at work! :D
Corlan: Yeah, it seem OK. Well, I was at work!

Yes indeed. :thumbup:
Lloyd: Thanks for the comment. :D

Please see the other thread that I started for some "test" shots.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Did not shoot much in August -lotsa things to do and attend to. One afternoon though, after two appointments on the road i decided to take a break from the frenzy and pay a visit to a cathedral not far from there (first image from that day was posted page 58 of this thread). Just had the body and 105 VR in the car, changing light, so maybe not the best kit for a monument but well, why not give it a try.

Got a lot of shots from that hour (exactly 80 minutes from the EXIFS, minus a 15 minutes soda break on a cafe terrace, not shooting) by the cathedral square, and a whole story developping. More on that later.

What made me think again about those pictures was Steve's recent remark about "the most exotic squirrel" routine. Hey, don't we all get busted in that exercice.
In that particular case, after a first series outside, some inside the chruch, and soda break over, the sun hid behind the clouds and i sat on some stairs for a few minutes. Took a few candids, nobody noticing, until...

"Made"

"Me ? nooo..."
"Free of charge?"
He yelled towards a small group of young fellows "Guys, this guy will take our picture. And, we'll all get free prints"
So be it.
Got many shots from all of them, they turned out to be great company and outstanding improvised models.
I'll post more from each of them, but for now, let's get back to our original subject.
Meet young Kevin C.

That's when i heard a deep voice behind me muttering something about "2:35". Turned my head and saw a larger-than-life gentleman with a beard, and a full set of Panavision equipement nearby.
Though intimidated, i asked "I'm confused, this guy looks like an actor, but not sure who he is". He grumbled "Name's Clint, pensano".
Get closer. Clic.
Corlan: These are great! Nice story, also. I think it certainly adds to these photos that you were "made".

The first photo has great dynamics between the two guys and the dog. Nicely balanced vectors. Cool body language.

The framing in the third and the last close-up portraits is excellent. He could be a movie star. He looks like a German guy that used to work for me.

The tone in these photos is clear and light, not over-saturated, and looks great.
:thumbup::thumbs::salute:

Cheers, Matt

shtarka1

Did not shoot much in August -lotsa things to do and attend to. One afternoon though, after two appointments on the road i decided to take a break from the frenze and pay a visit to a cathedral not far from there (first image from that day was posted page 58 of this thread). Just had the body and 105 VR in the car, changing light, so maybe not the best kit for a monument but well, why not give it a try.

"Made"

"Me ? nooo..."

"Free of charge?"

So be it.

Meet youg Kevin C.

Get closer. Clic.

Great Story & Greater Pictures! Superb!

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks a lot, Matt. Appreciate your comments :)
And, "she" definitely looks like a movie star. I always had a suspicion pretty much each cat is an actor, playing the starring part in their own "inner movies".
That would explain a lot :D

Steve, thanks :)
The set above looks gorgeous. The first photo in particular is simply jaw-dropping. Wow. :bugeyes: :thumbs:
And, the (front) bokeh in the last one is pretty spectacular to say the least.

Be careful though, or you'll make the Zeiss 100m the jealous type, soon! :D

shtarka1

The set above looks gorgeous. The first photo in particular is simply jaw-dropping. Wow. :bugeyes: :thumbs:

Thanks Corlan! Almost busted out the 100MP but wanted to see how the 85G performed with color. Might be Zeisscream Time Though!;)

m_driscoll

Sharp!:thumbs:
Steve: Thanks! :D

Thanks a lot, Matt. Appreciate your comments :)
And, "she" definitely looks like a movie star. I always had a suspicion pretty much each cat is an actor, playing the starring part in their own "inner movies".
That would explain a lot :D

Steve: Really beautiful! I'm just going to say maximum +1. The isolation, framing, and color are superb. You pushed the envelope again. :salute: Cheers, Matt.