The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The New and Improved Fun with Nikon Images!

Lloyd

An hour by the Cathedral Square (Inside the Cathedral 1/1)

Saving the last couple of portraits for later, let's rewind a bit and see what's inside.

As said earlier, i had decided to use the kit casually as a P&S: 105mm // ISO100 (yeah, i know :eek:... forgot to change the fixed setting except for two of them, noted below) // f2.8. I sincerely did not expect to get anything, but the first shot looked relatively ok on the LCD so i kept shooting a few. Here they are:

Terrific set Corlan... exceptional really. I couldn't begin to pic a favorite from the group.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Thanks Steve, Lloyd. You're too kind. :)
It's true that i was positively surprised by the relatively good quality of the outcome considering the basic settings limitations.

Steve: incredible er.... Atomic! :salute:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The happiest bison in the Tetons? A good scratch is a good scratch whoever you are!

oohh ahhh ...

:p

Last edited:

m_driscoll

An hour by the Cathedral Square (Inside the Cathedral 1/1)
Saving the last couple of portraits for later, let's rewind a bit and see what's inside.
As said earlier, i had decided to use the kit casually as a P&S: 105mm // ISO100 (yeah, i know :eek:... forgot to change the fixed setting except for two of them, noted below) // f2.8. I sincerely did not expect to get anything, but the first shot looked relatively ok on the LCD so i kept shooting a few. Here they are:
Choir:

"Vierge et l'Enfant"

second one iso 400
Icon, early XIIIth c.
iso 400

Sun was showing up outside, so... time for a soda break.

:)
Corlan: The interiors are quite nice. ISO 100 w/F/2.8 worked well. Beautiful cathedral. Heavenly light! The colors in the stained glass are really set off by the white stone. Terrific bokeh in the second photo, above. Also, great capture with the juice. The 105 was put to good use.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com